Kfc must read 4 ur health (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
you must eat some pretty cheap shit at home cause I have to say for me a $6 quarter pounder meal is cheaper than my average home meal.
A whole kg of frozen chips are lyk $3 a 1litre drink lyk $2 and a heat up lasagne is lyk $4... i dunno about you but that would last a few meals for me!
its lyk $9 for at the least 2 big meals! So yeah according to my calculations it works out cheaper than $6 a meal! (ohh and did i mention its healthier.)

btw. not looking 2 start something just want to make my point clear! :)Also aren't quarter poundr meals like $7-$8??:confused:

muscleman09

HSC
the way we made Wicked Wings and Gravy & Potato and gravy were like this...

(just before we started, with the Chicken, we were spose to put it in a bucket of water to clean it before cooking and breading it in flour. Because of how busy it got, i cleaned the chicken like... once out of about 20 times i had cooked the Chicken, or anything else. The managers always said, as well as the other "experienced cooks", if were busy, fuck persistence).

(PROPER WAY OF MAKING THESE THINGS)

Wicked Wings: Place the wings in "clean" bucket of water, which would clean it from all the gooey crap and blood. Then would throw it into the breading basket, in which we would bread the chicken, then throw them into this little basket which we would shake.... to give it that crumby effect. Then throw it back into the water, then back into breading table thing, and repeat with the shaking. The we would load the wings up into a cage, which was then placed into a 'Hell Pot', as i liked to call them, (oil pots), and was cooked at 100+ degrees.

Wait 8 minutes... for the timer... then take em out, load onto tray, ready for you to eat. ( I wrote this is the most clean way i could think of, the way its spose to be 24/7)

Gravy: Gravy is basically the chicken fat and oil that drips from the Chicken into this big tub. Its very grose... the managers even call it 'poison'. It just.... wrong.
Then we would add some powder stuff to it, some sort of stock.... and mix it in hot water
which would then set as gravy... :S

Potato: Its just water and powder. The potato is a powder substance which expands when it reacts to hot water. Thats basically it...

So yeh... the ONLY THINGS I SAY THAT ARE OK TO EAT. well nothing is there. but I WOULD EAT ARE:

Hot Chips (KFC seriously has great chips & Oporto), Popcorn Chicken, Nuggets, Hashbrowns, and yeh... thats it :D

Enjoy... Yeh, i heard about the Hurstville KFC... LMAO IM not suprised as well... i guarentee, every KFC has loads of FAT and crap which hasnt been cleaned in months. It was the same were i was. Its grose.. LONG LIVE OPORTO AND SUBWAY (cookies)

Gloves

HSC
musleman, if i ever met you, i'd punch you in the face.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Gravy: Gravy is basically the chicken fat and oil that drips from the Chicken into this big tub. Its very grose... the managers even call it 'poison'. It just.... wrong.
Then we would add some powder stuff to it, some sort of stock.... and mix it in hot water
which would then set as gravy... :S

Potato: Its just water and powder. The potato is a powder substance which expands when it reacts to hot water. Thats basically it...

So yeh... the ONLY THINGS I SAY THAT ARE OK TO EAT. well nothing is there. but I WOULD EAT ARE:

Hot Chips (KFC seriously has great chips & Oporto), Popcorn Chicken, Nuggets, Hashbrowns, and yeh... thats it :D
Then where the hell does the coleslaw come from?

musleman, if i ever met you, i'd punch you in the face.
With gloves too I presume.

theitguy

HSC
I don't really find it that gross. Then again I suppose you become desensitized to the methods KFC uses to cook food. What's so gross about how we cook the wicked wings? KFC is known because we cook real chicken (as opposed to mcdonalds, for example, who cook processed chicken which already comes in its form). We double bread the wings, strips, and zingers (where you put it in the water and then cover it in flour again). That's how you get the crispy effect. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

The dipwater we use should be replaced after each time we use it. In reality, it is more convenient to use it 2 or 3 times before you change the dipwater. 2 or 3 times doesn't make the water turn red, it takes longer then that. Even so, dirty dipwater isn't such a big deal. I don't think muscleman understands this, but the dipwater is not primarily there to 'clean' the chicken. It is simply there to make the chicken wet so the flour will bread the chicken more efficiently. It's hardly contamination when the dipwater is dirty. That being said, only gronks allow the dipwater to get that dirty. 30 seconds to change it and its done. The responsibility falls to you, not the managers. Bet you never sifted the flour either.

Besides, like muscleman said, the chicken is then cooked in 'hell?'pots. They are around 170 degrees when we put the chicken down, so there are really no issues with bacteria on the chicken.

With the gravy, it's kind of gross after you see the texture of the fines it is made from. Then again, would you expect any less from KFC? Gravy is often made from the leftovers that are on the roast pan when a roast is cooked. They roast, we deep fry. Making gravy from the leftovers of cooking the chicken isn't actually that uncommon to do. That being said, the fact that the leftovers from the chicken looks like a healthy mix of poo and dirt don't add to the appetite.

Fake potato is just fake potato... Nothing new in our lives.

Last edited:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
you caught me. sexual favours are the bomb.
noooo, i knew how to make coffee on an industrial machine when i started so i automatically became a supervisor rather than a junior. so yeah. if i was a junior i'd be getting paid around $11 i think..?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if we could try and keep the personal insults to a minimum guys, or rather, not use them at all :p

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
you caught me. sexual favours are the bomb.
noooo, i knew how to make coffee on an industrial machine when i started so i automatically became a supervisor rather than a junior. so yeah. if i was a junior i'd be getting paid around $11 i think..?
18 year old casual gets paid $11.20 at Gloria Jeans (before tax)

Wow, 16 year old as a supervisor. $13.50 for a supervisor role.

HSC
kfc on forest road was apparently fined $75000..

that's just 100m down the road from where my school is lol

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Ha I work at KFC now - just got back from a shift. But I work out the front not as a cook.
I can't decide if its as bad as some say - I've seen rats outside at night.

My advice is don't eat anything with bacon on it - it looks so foul - they are supposed to cook it for at least a few minutes but i saw them literally hold it tongs and dip it in and out of oil.
But I don't mind eating gross stuff as long as i don't know its gross.
I haven't made gravy but i think it is quite disgusting. and they train you so badly at my joint its pathetic and some of the ppl there are so incredibly horrible and rude. But of course these ppl exist everywhere but this woman's cattiness (?) is unbelievable.

I am two weeks away from my 17th birthday and i only get paid $7 something an hour which I think is pretty terrible. I am going to quit soon.

oh and i wouldn't eat those dinner buns - they are so full of sugar they are like fairy floss - u should smell the draw where they are kept - and they will make you fat.
I do think that kfc must be one of the most unhealthy places to eat out of them all - the chicken literally drips of oil and fat when i pick it up with tongs. But u probably know all of this.

And yes - cleaning when the store closes is horrible - i have half an hour to wipe all the tables and chairs down, sweep the whole restaurant, then mop the whole restaurant, clean the toilets - literally, it's revolting, the bathrooms, the mirrors, put all the chairs up, empty all the massive bins and bring in all the stuff outside and clean the bird poop off the bins and ground etc. it so so so foul being on close and haven't ever had any free chicken - i know i could just take some but it makes me nervous and everyone would see. and we get 10% discount - woo hoo - such crap.

I think i wouldn't mind doing all this stuff if i was paid a bit better - but i don't spend any money and i've had $200 something i my account forever.

but i think we have the best hot chips in the world.

Last edited:

Grissom

HSC
Haha I remember once I found a can of insect killer shit and thought it would be a good idea to spray it down this crack out back...literally hundreds of cockroaches came out and crawled all through the cooking and eating areas :haha:

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hahahahahahahaha terrible.

now someone make a thread with horror stories from other fast food chains pls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)