Khalid Yasin (1 Viewer)

googooloo

HSC
Sunday tried ot discredit Yasin. What do you think of him? He's not bad really!

Sunday's Overview of the story:
But go to:
http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_1883.asp
to learn more.

Muslim preacher Sheik Khalid Yasin grabbed the headlines recently with a speech saying Muslims couldn’t have non-Muslim friends. Sunday investigates the United States-born convert to Islam who’s testing Australian tolerance to its limits. He is setting up a new radio and television network here to spread his extremist message. Launched last weekend, the Islamic Broadcasting Corporation aims to attract a quarter-of-a-million subscribers. Its driving force is this charismatic preacher who’s capturing the hearts and minds of young Australian Muslims with a radical mix of pleas for the understanding of terrorism, anti-Western conspiracy theories and radical homophobia.

For Yasin, terrorist bombings in Bali are justified by hundreds of years of Western oppression of Muslims. Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did not carry out the September 11 attacks on the United States — they were a “rogue operation” by Western governments. The AIDS virus was designed in the United States and injected into black Africans to meet the West’s desire to reduce the world’s population. Homosexuality should be punishable by death but, in the meantime, Australia has made homosexuals a “protected species” needing “toleration” by Muslims.

“The Koran gives a clear position regarding homosexuality lesbianism and bestiality,” says Yasin. “They are aberrations punishable by death … We can’t walk around society slandering them because there is legislation against doing that but we don’t have to like them we don’t have to promote them and we have the right to say that that’s a moral aberration.”

Yasin has “not seen any irrefutable documentation to link Osama Bin Laden or the so-called Al Qaeda" with being responsible for that action. Instead, he says, “we now know the way those buildings fell, they fell from internal explosive charges the same way it’s done on a building site.”

It was “missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups”, according to Yasin who “went into Africa and inoculated people for diphtheria, malaria, yellow fever and they put in the medicine the AIDS virus”.

Federal Education Minister Brendan Nelson is appalled. “Firstly I have a personal view about this. My own brother died of AIDS, I am quite repulsed by what he said. The second is that we respect freedom of speech until it demeans, diminishes or vilifies any individual or any section of Australian society.”

For all his claims of having been mistreated by the Australian media, reporter Sarah Ferguson discovers that Yasin has been given an easy ride. He’s also in Australia raising money for his broadcast company based in England. And local Muslims eager for their own voice have given big money. But Sundayhas looked into the company and found Yasin’s statements about it are bogus. And while he presents himself as a “moral-minded” teacher of Islam, someone who corrects “distortions and misconceptions” about his religion, the academic qualifications he claims are also a fiction.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
He should get a shave and get a life. Who cares about all this 'moral this, moral that' preechy bs? Confine your morals to yourself.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i like his lectures
ive been to his house
my brother worked with him
he even went ona buisness trip to new zealand with him
until we saw his true colours

but i still like his lectures..hes an awesome speaker

arooshika...

HSC
this is bullshit...he cant tell muslims not to be friends with non - muslims....i got heaps of muslim friends and they are one of the best peoples i know...its because of people like yasif khan who degrade them

fb07

HSC
agreed, i think its plain stupid for him to push muslims away from non-muslims. That's what leads to misunderstandings and plain ignorance. Religion doesn't constitute decency and muslim non-muslim alike everybody should be able to share their experiences together. You learn different things from different people be it race, religion sex or other factors.

fb07

HSC
soha said:
i like his lectures
ive been to his house
my brother worked with him
he even went ona buisness trip to new zealand with him
until we saw his true colours

but i still like his lectures..hes an awesome speaker
what do you mean his true colours.. What did he do?

tempco

HSC
lil_dudette said:
this is bullshit...he cant tell muslims not to be friends with non - muslims....i got heaps of muslim friends and they are one of the best peoples i know...its because of people like yasif khan who degrade them
fb07 said:
agreed, i think its plain stupid for him to push muslims away from non-muslims. That's what leads to misunderstandings and plain ignorance. Religion doesn't constitute decency and muslim non-muslim alike everybody should be able to share their experiences together. You learn different things from different people be it race, religion sex or other factors.
that comment was taken out of context.

supercharged said:
He should get a shave and get a life. Who cares about all this 'moral this, moral that' preechy bs? Confine your morals to yourself.
well, if a whole heap of people are willing to attend his lectures, i don't see a problem with him and his "preechy bs".

Generator

HSC
N/A
tempco said:
well, if a whole heap of people are willing to attend his lectures, i don't see a problem with him and his "preechy bs".
A number of people were willing to publicly support One Nation, too (comparable in that both appear to be relatively mainstream, if (largely) unpalatable to the majority).

tempco

HSC
Generator said:
A number of people were willing to publicly support One Nation, too (comparable in that both appear to be relatively mainstream, if (largely) unpalatable to the majority).
then i'm sure both parties won't be much of a problem.

fb07 said:
oh ok i see .. how so? and what do you think of him?
Transcript of SBS Insight said:
JENNY BROCKIE: Sheik Yasin I would like at this point to go to a few things that you've said since you've been in Australia. You're visiting Australia at the moment. Some of the things you've said that people may not have seen. Let's look at those.

SHEIK KHALID YASIN, 60 MINUTES: There's no such thing as a Muslim having a non-Muslim friend, so a non-Muslim could be your associate, but they can't be your friend. The punishment for homosexuality or bestiality, or anything like that, is death. We don't make any excuses about that. That's not our law. It's the Koran.

JENNY BROCKIE: Do you stand by those comments.

SHEIK KHALID YASIN: Let me say, first of all, that's what you call a sound bite. Everybody here knows a sound bite is not actually what a person said. Just a moment. Just a moment. My friend. Just a moment my friend. This was directed at myself. Hold it for a minute. Let me qualify my statement, if you will, OK. Excuse me let me qualify my statement she asked me. You'll get a chance to jump into this circus, alright. Just a minute. First of all, what I meant in Islam there are two kinds of friendship, which means that we have the right to have Muslim friends or are intimate with us. For instance Mr Ruddock here, could be my closest of friends but he couldn’t marry my daughter and I couldn't marry his daughter maybe. You see that is a different kind of friendship, you see in Islam friendship, means one that is based on Islam. The other kind of friendship, we have associates, we have colleagues, we have co workers who are our friends.
as for what i think of him, i've been to a few of his lectures. most of his lectures are great, with a few questionable/outlandish statements here and there. take from the good and scrap the bad, i guess.

tempco

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
No, not really. He's just trying to justify his hatred of the west. In which case he can fuck off back to Islamabad.
uh, yes really. whether you agree with what islam considers as "friendship" is another matter.

Anti-Mathmite said:
When it comes down to it, you can use your religion to justify why bobo the clown should eat peanuts whilst jumping through a circus hoop. He doesn't seem to realise (along with a lot of other muslims) that they are messing with the masters of discrimination.. Those who invented and have perfected the art of discrimination. The whites. We can see through everything, and are 500 steps ahead of them no matter what they do. The end.
that's great. really.

fb07

HSC
I see what he means, sorry for jumping to conclusions

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
No, not really. He's just trying to justify his hatred of the west. In which case he can fuck off back to Islamabad.
No, you're just a wanker + he does not live in Islamabad + you're a wanker (i think i already said that).

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
I'm not avoiding the question. You did by having a terrorist signature.
I find it worring that you call me the "extremist" and at the same time overlook your own extreme statements. I have justified my views on occupation many times before. I ask you now to qualify your statements.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
googooloo said:
Sunday tried ot discredit Yasin. What do you think of him? He's not bad really!

Sunday's Overview of the story:
But go to:
http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_1883.asp
to learn more.

Muslim preacher Sheik Khalid Yasin grabbed the headlines recently with a speech saying Muslims couldn’t have non-Muslim friends. Sunday investigates the United States-born convert to Islam who’s testing Australian tolerance to its limits. He is setting up a new radio and television network here to spread his extremist message. Launched last weekend, the Islamic Broadcasting Corporation aims to attract a quarter-of-a-million subscribers. Its driving force is this charismatic preacher who’s capturing the hearts and minds of young Australian Muslims with a radical mix of pleas for the understanding of terrorism, anti-Western conspiracy theories and radical homophobia.

For Yasin, terrorist bombings in Bali are justified by hundreds of years of Western oppression of Muslims. Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did not carry out the September 11 attacks on the United States — they were a “rogue operation” by Western governments. The AIDS virus was designed in the United States and injected into black Africans to meet the West’s desire to reduce the world’s population. Homosexuality should be punishable by death but, in the meantime, Australia has made homosexuals a “protected species” needing “toleration” by Muslims.

“The Koran gives a clear position regarding homosexuality lesbianism and bestiality,” says Yasin. “They are aberrations punishable by death … We can’t walk around society slandering them because there is legislation against doing that but we don’t have to like them we don’t have to promote them and we have the right to say that that’s a moral aberration.”

Yasin has “not seen any irrefutable documentation to link Osama Bin Laden or the so-called Al Qaeda" with being responsible for that action. Instead, he says, “we now know the way those buildings fell, they fell from internal explosive charges the same way it’s done on a building site.”

It was “missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups”, according to Yasin who “went into Africa and inoculated people for diphtheria, malaria, yellow fever and they put in the medicine the AIDS virus”.

Federal Education Minister Brendan Nelson is appalled. “Firstly I have a personal view about this. My own brother died of AIDS, I am quite repulsed by what he said. The second is that we respect freedom of speech until it demeans, diminishes or vilifies any individual or any section of Australian society.”

For all his claims of having been mistreated by the Australian media, reporter Sarah Ferguson discovers that Yasin has been given an easy ride. He’s also in Australia raising money for his broadcast company based in England. And local Muslims eager for their own voice have given big money. But Sundayhas looked into the company and found Yasin’s statements about it are bogus. And while he presents himself as a “moral-minded” teacher of Islam, someone who corrects “distortions and misconceptions” about his religion, the academic qualifications he claims are also a fiction.
I don't care how out of context those quotes are, that man is an extremist moron and a danger to society.

sly fly

HSC
I too, have heard that his comments were taken extremely out of context. However, I still don't like him in the least. I've been to a few lectures and they're kids play really. Anyway, I think people like him need to be deported asap......and to think he wanted to apply for an Australian citizenship? Pffft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)