Know all Textbook = 90+? (1 Viewer)

hscishard

HSC
In any subject...if you remember everything in your textbook, understand everything in your textbook and able to apply your knowledge, would it be easy to get 90s?

xMaNx

HSC
u should get 100, but if u cant answer the question, expect nothing above 90.

super.muppy

HSC
lol 300 + pages for each subject. But if you could then thats super

hscishard

HSC
I honestly don't think understanding and applying 5 x (300+ pages) is impossible.

But I also don't think it'll get you 90+ for some reason.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If you understand everything in the textbook thoroughly, 90+ should be trivial. Of course you still need to have developed general essay writing and problem solving skills.

xMaNx

HSC
If you understand everything in the textbook thoroughly, 90+ should be trivial. Of course you still need to have developed general essay writing and problem solving skills.
Plus the ability to add a few points together to make 1 good answer.

Also you cant rely on 1 textbook.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I think being able to read the question is more important (obvious I know but its a skill that comes in handy) For example 'EXPLAIN' 'DISCUSS' 'IDENTIFY' and 'EVALUATE' all have very different responses. Looking at how past papers are marked and getting to know what markers really look for can get you from vand 5 to 6. For instance did you know in Chem, Bio, Physics etc in a question worth more than 7 marks a whole mark may be allocated for having a logical and concise progresssion of ideas?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Also I guess I should add that reading, understanding and remembering everything in all your textbooks is very very hard...

bouncing

HSC
In any subject...if you remember everything in your textbook, understand everything in your textbook and able to apply your knowledge, would it be easy to get 90s?

um i think it would be know all SYLLABUS...

some textbooks blabber on about nothing tbh...

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Not if you've got a shit textbook.

Though I'm not sure I really see where you're going here. Are you asking 'If I learn the course thoroughly, will I do well?' Because if you are, come on.

xMaNx

HSC
The kid said textbook, so obviously he means knowing the textbook back to front word for word.

hscishard

HSC
Also I guess I should add that reading, understanding and remembering everything in all your textbooks is very very hard...
The remembering is hard. I doubt understanding is very difficult though..provided you have a good textbook.
Not if you've got a shit textbook.

Though I'm not sure I really see where you're going here. Are you asking 'If I learn the course thoroughly, will I do well?' Because if you are, come on.
Most textbooks are based on the syllabus.
But the points in the syllabus aren't specific enough IMO. So it's likely to be tested on something the book doesn't cover.

xMaNx

HSC
The remembering is hard. I doubt understanding is very difficult though..provided you have a good textbook.

Most textbooks are based on the syllabus.
But the points in the syllabus aren't specific enough IMO. So it's likely to be tested on something the book doesn't cover.
The points on the syllabus are specific enough, they tell you with the directive term how much they want written.

at this rate, I doubt you'd get 85 even if u did memorize the whole book

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I doubt many students could easily understand, say, MX2 if they're going just off textbooks.
Lol, I remember opening my MAX2 textbook for the first time (to complex numbers and then polynomials) and my face was just o.00000.

But OT -> if you want good marks you have to do more than just memorise the textbook.

hscishard

HSC
Yea I know.
I'm not just saying remembring everything from the textbook. I'm saying if you understand and can apply the textbooks info.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Yea I know.
I'm not just saying remembring everything from the textbook. I'm saying if you understand and can apply the textbooks info.
Well generally the textbooks are based around the syllabus.
So remembering info from the sylabus and applying is basically what you do anyway.
Stupid question IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)