Know all Textbook = 90+? (1 Viewer)

hscishard

HSC
The points on the syllabus are specific enough, they tell you with the directive term how much they want written.

at this rate, I doubt you'd get 85 even if u did memorize the whole book
Not really. Imagine the discuss verb. Heaps of info is relevant but they don't say how much info is needed.

Dr_Quack

a;lsdkjf 'dajfdsjf'ds jaf
HSC
N/A
"Discuss" is very trivial as compared to "evaluate" or even "argue". I highly doubt you'd actually get a question asking you to discuss something in your actual HSC exam.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
well you clearly havent sat the hsc...In all seriousness I think the more practice questions you do the better your mark will be. And the verbs make a big difference to what you would be expected to write.

HSC
Rote learning = ughh...

Learning concepts = win.

Remembering answers = lose.

My opinion.

Dr_Quack

HSC
N/A
well you clearly havent sat the hsc...In all seriousness I think the more practice questions you do the better your mark will be. And the verbs make a big difference to what you would be expected to write.
Hmm? My point is valid. Look at any past HSC papers. Find me a question asking you to discuss something.

ATAR_boy

HSC
Hmm? My point is valid. Look at any past HSC papers. Find me a question asking you to discuss something.
Well, considering you said, 'Find me "A" question..' How bout you look at the 2008 Economics HSC Paper, Question 25?...I'm pretty sure it says: "Discuss". :cold:

ATAR_boy

HSC
if you can't answer the question, don expect anything.
Exactly. Even if you know your whole textbook, you needa know how to answer the question based on the 'verb'. If you can't write a decent, logical response to a 5/6/7 mark question, then you can forget about achieving 90+. ;)

Dr_Quack

HSC
N/A
Well, considering you said, 'Find me "A" question..' How bout you look at the 2008 Economics HSC Paper, Question 25?...I'm pretty sure it says: "Discuss". :cold:
*scrolls through hundreds of HSC papers*

Lol damn semantics! You're right, but all I'm saying is that the "other" verbs require much more thought and this should reflect in the general pattern of HSC questions.

moonblack

HSC
with a thorougly IDIOTIC QUESTION like that, you can't expect anyone to think you capable of memorising the textbook in the first place.

you are a fucking idiot.

hscishard

HSC
with a thorougly IDIOTIC QUESTION like that, you can't expect anyone to think you capable of memorising the textbook in the first place.

you are a fucking idiot.
Remembering and being able to think are two very different things.

At least now I know I have a chance of getting 90+ in everything..

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
you completely mistook my point, I wasnt saying that hsc will be full of 'discuss' questions I was listing the many different types of questions you will come across! Every year in english paper one for example there is an 'identify' question, all you have to do is name one technique! And there is generally a 'list' question in Modern History in the core section. These verbs are even simpler than discuss! But if you're answering an 'explain' question you must link cause to effect. Im just saying watch out for the verbs...And especially in English look at the question very carefully because learned essays that dont directly answer the question wont get above 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)