• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Knowing if you made USYD before UAC offers (2 Viewers)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
do we organise our timetables for usyd on o-week or some special day? if so, is it first in best dressed (getting there earlier) for who gets what times?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
do we organise our timetables for usyd on o-week or some special day? if so, is it first in best dressed (getting there earlier) for who gets what times?
Timetables are done by most students online during O-Week but the timetabling uni can manually change it for you during O-Week or the first week of uni if there are compelling reasons.

You could argue that it is first in, best dressed, on the basis that students can customise their times and then settle on their favoured times before everyone else. You can't "directly" pick the times though.

madharris

HSC
N/A
YAY I GOT 1 OF MY 1st 3 OPTIONS!!!
Now i need to wait and see which one it is :(

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
for sure Usyd Psych!
However, how the heck do you enrol :L usyd website too confusing sigh
You go in-person to enrol on a specific date depending on your course and the letter your last name starts with. Sorry, I guess we weren't able to convince the USyd Admin to do online enrolments... again.

PS. Early Congratulations! I despised PSYC for its bell-shape curve grading - just a heads up (however, I heard that they are trying to steer away from that as it seems unfair).

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No record found

Which means I either got my first or second preference or one further down the list. :/

Rythen

HSC
You go in-person to enrol on a specific date depending on your course and the letter your last name starts with. Sorry, I guess we weren't able to convince the USyd Admin to do online enrolments... again.

PS. Early Congratulations! I despised PSYC for its bell-shape curve grading - just a heads up (however, I heard that they are trying to steer away from that as it seems unfair).
I heard from my friends that psych was bad because only 2 in 10 graduate? But I went with it anyways (I hope I don't regret my choice later).

Crap, going overseas on the 21st and psych enrolment is 23rd. What do I do?:mad2:

Anyways, TY :lol::shy:

Roy216

HSC
Hope its true because it worked got me and the unsw one didn't

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard from my friends that psych was bad because only 2 in 10 graduate? But I went with it anyways (I hope I don't regret my choice later).

Crap, going overseas on the 21st and psych enrolment is 23rd. What do I do?:mad2:

You can do a proxy enrolment so you get someone else to go in and enrol for you.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A

Crap, I'm going overseas on the 21st, and psych enrolment is 23rd. What do I do?:mad2:

Please get a proxy organised - you'll receive a permission slip within the next week or* so along with an information package and the official offer letter from UAC/USyd you will need to sign. Also start writing down the UoS you wish to undertake and make sure they fit in with the B Psychology Structure and let your proxy know which UoS you wish to take and what semester they are offered. Also you'll need to give them your driver's license etc and TFN plus the signed offer letter. :D

Only 2 in 10 graduate? Huh - interesting...

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hope its true because it worked got me and the unsw one didn't
I for one don't know if it is legit because I am a current student - you'll find out in less than two hours. Oh, I'm stressing out on behalf of all of you. D=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)