Labor Leadership Challenge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alax dillon

HSC
ps i dont want a fucking woman running the country wtf with their emotional decisions and periods
my thoughts exactly. and who the bloody hell wants a ranga leading the country anyways? thats just making all australians look retarded. -shakes head in disapproval-

Any bets on Gillard's deputy?
i would laugh if she and the party would throw kevy a bone and put him in deputy. whats he gonna do if she wins it?

to be honest, its just a joke. you realise were paying these people to run our country while they sit in a room and backstab each other, when theyre on the same side?? does anyone at all see how stupid that is? or do we just never leave high school? even our middle aged politicians who we vote into parliament to make decisions on our behalf, do they still live in post pubescent stages of adolesence (sorry, having a major mind blank right now, and i cant remember how to spell that word)?

Lentern

HSC
I wonder what happens to Griffith if Kevin calls in the reciever straight away? I think they could lose it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The dumbest thing the party could have done :cry: Now unless the Liberal leadership is changed that crazy misogynist called Abbott will run the country.

It's dumb to change the PM so close to an election. Even if he stays PM (which I doubt) it shows the party is divided. It'll hurt the Aussie dollar. They should stick with the PM the people of Australia said they'd put up with for 3 years...

Lentern

HSC
I'm going to throw this out there and suggest Bos hijacks one of the tweeting threads about the election, possibly #spillard and claim that Smith/Swan/ someone has thrown their hat in the ring and start discussing it casually, see how many fools we can throw?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I'm going to throw this out there and suggest Bos hijacks one of the tweeting threads about the election, possibly #spillard and claim that Smith/Swan/ someone has thrown their hat in the ring and start discussing it casually, see how many fools we can throw?
No.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sportingbet

Who will win the 24/06/2010 Labor Leadership Ballot 9h 12m

Julia Gillard 1.20
Kevin Rudd 4.20

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The dumbest thing the party could have done :cry: Now unless the Liberal leadership is changed that crazy misogynist called Abbott will run the country.

It's dumb to change the PM so close to an election. Even if he stays PM (which I doubt) it shows the party is divided. It'll hurt the Aussie dollar. They should stick with the PM the people of Australia said they'd put up with for 3 years...
Agreed.

Seriously, a leadership spill at this stage pretty much leads to a guaranteed loss in the election. The Liberals were at record lows in the polls when they had their two leadership spills. Having one so close to the election is just plain idiotic suicide at the pleasure of the opposition. Would personally rather have Rudd, Gillard, Turnbull or even Hockey running the country, than Abbott (who has a vocabulary of no more than "great big new tax" :p).

Aeriff

HSC
Agreed.

Seriously, a leadership spill at this stage pretty much leads to a guaranteed loss in the election. The Liberals were at record lows in the polls when they had their two leadership spills. Having one so close to the election is just plain idiotic suicide at the pleasure of the opposition. Would personally rather have Rudd, Gillard, Turnbull or even Hockey running the country, than Abbott (who has a vocabulary of no more than "great big new tax" :p).
you forgot "bible"

omnipotent

HSC
Why are people so fucking stupid?!
Rudd has constantly gotten bad publicity despite his great economic management. If Gillard gets in, I may just have to vote for the greens or the "give everyone guns" party.

Lentern

HSC
Rough, scratchy thing of whose where, based upon factional alignments, press reportings and the history of individual mp’s. Like I said its quite scratchy, anyone who knows of actual mistakes in it, additional info is very welcome.

Gillard: Dick Adams, Anthony Albanese, Sharon Bird, David Bradbury, Darren Cheeseman, Jason Clare, Greg Combet Julie Collins, Simon Crean, Justine Elliot, , Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum Ferguson, Kate Ellis Joel Fitzgibbon, Steve Georganus, Jenny George, Julia Gillard, Shannon Grierson, Jill Hall, Sharryn Jackson, Harry Jenkins, Julie Irwin, Mike Kelly, Kirsten Livermore, Robert Mclelland, Daryn Melham, Claire Moore Belinda Neal, Shayne Neuman, Brendan O’conner, Graham Perrett, Roger Price, Brett Raguse, Nicola Roxon, Bill Shorten, Sid Sidebottom, Warren Snowdon, Craig Thompson, Kelvin Thompson, Jim Turnour, Maria Vamvakino, Mark Arbib, Mark Bishop, Kim Carr, Jacinta Collins, Don Farrell, David Feeney, John Faulkner, Michael Foreshaw, Mark Furner, John Hogg, Joe Ludwig, Jan Maclucas, Gavin Marshall, Louise Pratt, Nick Sherry.

Rudd: James Bidgood, Anna Burke, Tony Burke, Mark Butler, Anthony Byrne, Jodie Campbell, Michael Danby, Bob Debus,Craig Emerson, , Hary Gray, Alan Griffin, Damien Hale, Chris Hayes, Duncan Kerr, Catherine King, Jenny Macklin, Richard Marles, Maxine Mckew, Bob Mcmullan, John Murphy, Julie Owens, Melissa Parke, Tanya Plibersek, Kerry Rea, Bernie Ripoll, Amanda Rishworth, Kevin Rudd, Janelle Safin, Stephen Smith, Jon Sulliva, Mike Symon, Lindsay Tanner, Chris Trevor, Tony Zappia, Catrina Bilyk, Carol Brown, Doug Cameron, Stephen Conroy, Trish Crossin, Chris Evans, Annette Hurley, Kate Lundy, Anne Mcewan, , Kerry O’brein, Helen Polley, Ursula Stephens, Glenn Sterle, Dana Wortley.

No clue: Arch Bevis: I suspect doesn’t get along with either, Chris Bowen: Gets along with Rudd I think but his faction will lean very heavily on him, Nick Champion: Know nothing of him, Yvette Da’th: Same, Mark Defryus: weirdo, Wayne Swan: Aligned with old Beazley gang but the vine says he will support Gillard, Steve Hutchins: Know nothing of him, Penny Wong: A member of the old Latham gang but is pissed off at Gillard for arguing for the delay of the ETs in cabinet,

Absent: Peter Garrett lol.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd's backers concede defeat - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Julia Gillard is inching closer to becoming Prime Minister, as number crunchers on both sides agree she will win this morning's leadership ballot against Kevin Rudd.

As the numbers are being frantically counted ahead of the ballot at 9:00am AEST, the ABC understands Ms Gillard has secured more than 70 votes, while Mr Rudd has just 30.

Supporters for Mr Rudd dispute the size of the margin, but have acknowledged that Ms Gillard will take over as Prime Minister.

This morning Ms Gillard's supporters told the ABC there was a push to get Mr Rudd not to contest the vote.

bazrah

HSC
*Sigh* Will it change the fact this labor government has become one big massive cock-up? Nope. Does it mean the labor government will probably win the next election just because they have a more popular face at the front? Yes, ah the fickle nature of Australian voters.

Lentern

HSC
This is it, this is the now or never moment, the last frontier against Gillard means deserting Rudd and praying an alternative can snatch votes from the middle. Fly Smithy, Seize the day!

Lentern

HSC
*Sigh* Will it change the fact this labor government has become one big massive cock-up? Nope. Does it mean the labor government will probably win the next election just because they have a more popular face at the front? Yes, ah the fickle nature of Australian voters.
Worst post ever, will it change the government? sadly for the worse it will, has this been a poor government? Relatively no, are the ALP more likely to win the election now? Hell no are you on drugs?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Rough, scratchy thing of whose where, based upon factional alignments, press reportings and the history of individual mp’s. Like I said its quite scratchy, anyone who knows of actual mistakes in it, additional info is very welcome.
This morning Craig Emerson has said he is supporting Rudd.

Ellis supporting Gillard.

Lentern

HSC
This morning Craig Emerson has said he is supporting Rudd.

Ellis supporting Gillard.
I'm putting Emerson in the Defryus category then. Maybe he left the Latham gang after Latham made fun of him so much in his diaries. But thank you, wouldn't have guessed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)