• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Labor Leadership Spill 2013 (No. 2) (3 Viewers)

enoilgam

HSC
WHERE MUH SPORTSBALLLLLLllll I WANT MUH SPORTSBALlll
You just dont get the importance of Origin.

I didn't mean ozko, I meant enoilgam (given he was the one talking about origin), I got them mixed up.

I wasn't attacking ozko or enoilgam either, nice try though.
I dont know whether I should take this as a compliment.

Haha, nine isnt going to origin now.
Well, they could have cut live to Origin later, it's just pre-game at the moment.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I thought they might have learnt *something* in the past 5 or so years
Rudd was good, Gillard is hopeless and I voted for both of them. Rudd could still win my vote maybe.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Rumour from Rudd camp is 58 votes to Rudd. Rumours from Gillard camp are conceding Rudd has won. Will be interesting to see how that compares to the official result.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I haven't changed my tune at all. I'll still be voting labor, I support labor, but I think a loss is a better outcome in the long term for the party. Like I said I support parties, not personalities. I want a strong labor party and it will not get strong by winning the next election.

Unlike most idiots in this thread (you included) I am able to take a long term view of things.
The funny thing about idiots is that they think everyone else is an idiot and they're einstein.

lol m8

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's weird. I have no problem with changing the leader, but for some reason I am furious with shorten. I think he's been the most dishonorable of all for the past few years.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Laurie Oakes summed it up well. "if she had performed then she wouldn't have faced this situation tonight"

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It's weird. I have no problem with changing the leader, but for some reason I am furious with shorten. I think he's been the most dishonorable of all for the past few years.
At least Shorten was honest when he said it hurt his own personal ambitions. I can't see him becoming leader in the future anymore.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Could you go into some more detail please? :D
I don't know all the ins and outs but basically the unions contribute a heap of money to the labor party and for historical reasons have a (50% iirc) vote at the national conference. Long story short the unions wield a lot of power in the party. If you therefore 'control' a union you have an influence in the party.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Some people think Plibersek could be deputy. Interesting theory I haven't heard before.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
samantha maiden ‏@samanthamaiden 1m
Gillard backers confirming from inside ALP caucus that Julia Gillard has lost the leadership but no word yet on final count.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I seriously love Origin and Australian politics is so boring.
How can a leadership spill be boring? It's like the height of excitement in politics. Like a contest for PM is like the political equivalent of the State of Origin/AFL grandfinal/Wimbledon/every sporting final rolled into one. It's for the leadership of our country.

Granted this is coming from someone that finds even local govt elections exciting than a lot of sports but still.

Interesting when the official release comes out to support Gillard's backers reports of her loss.

enoilgam

HSC
How can a leadership spill be boring? It's like the height of excitement in politics. Like a contest for PM is like the political equivalent of the State of Origin/AFL grandfinal/Wimbledon/every sporting final rolled into one. It's for the leadership of our country.
It's just the same old stuff though - I get more excitement from watching paint dry. Besides LHS, nothing and I say NOTHING can ever top the excitement of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

Although I will say, with better marketing, they could make politics more appealing.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's just the same old stuff though - I get more excitement from watching paint dry. Besides LHS, nothing and I say NOTHING can ever top the excitement of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

Although I will say, with better marketing, they could make politics more appealing.
Perhaps if it doesn't interest you shouldn't be posting in a thread dedicated to it.

Emily Howard

HSC
labor gonna piss off so many bogans cuttin into orgin but does it equate to losing votes?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
57 to Rudd? That's a close margin. Not good for Labour as a whole.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

One could argue throwing a ball around is the same old stuff-politics is dynamic as the concerns change with the time.

And I don't want marketing for politics, I'm sick of when policies should be discussed, like a MP will try and talk about education and there seems to be some obsession to channel it to some politician wardrobe discuss or something equally superficial.

And come on, krudd is as QLD as can be and he's missing origin and this.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
57-45 in Rudd's favour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)