Labor's Future (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I liken latham's rule to this wonderful soliloquy from Macbeth

"A poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury; signifying nothing."

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Deus said:
I liken latham's rule to this wonderful soliloquy from Macbeth

"A poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury; signifying nothing."
haha

quite appropriate

cayte

Leetom, Latham was always going to be a gamble for the party, he is volatile and emotional, and after he invested so much in it of course he's going to bitter when he leaves. I agree it would be better for the party for him to go quietly, but I understand why he hasn't.

As for current Labor, there is something amiss when the current leader of the party cites as one of his top three priorities: "Not reading Latham's book".

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Even though i support the labour party, its mainly the fact that their own mistakes have restricted their chances of being re-elected. I dunno why, but it seems that they continue to make these mistakes in the most crucial times. Some of their blunders includes not capitalising on the lies of the liberal government (eg gst) and piking latham (even tho i liked him) who had not alot of experience. If they want ne chance of winning they really need 2 pull themselves 2getha

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Excuse my ignorance, but could you enlighten me on the Gst 'lie'?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Deus said:
Excuse my ignorance, but could you enlighten me on the Gst 'lie'?
i remember wen john howard first got elected, he made a huge, emotional speech saying that he was against the gst and under him it would never come into effect.
It was like 8 years ago i think lol but thats 1 thing i rememba from his speech

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Asquithian said:
'never ever' deus

The libs dont lie that often. Just deceptive. As in no one cares when they do fudge.
Don't u see deception as worse than a lie? Coz wen ur deceiving someone they think that u have their best interests at heart, wen really ur tricking them to use it 2 ur advantage

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
And Bob Carr said he'd build a NW rail line, what's your point?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Asquithian said:
I just love how the Liberal party argued for the race power in the Australian constitution should and could be used to the disadvantage of a particular racial group.

Now that is a party with heart.

:rolleyes:
lol, ur left wing rite?

newayz.... ^^ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Asquithian again.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Deception is a fundamental element of politics.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
withoutaface said:
And Bob Carr said he'd build a NW rail line, what's your point?
Yeah but howards negatively effected every australian.... unless u enjoy paying 10% more for everything???

And hes the prime minister - ud expect him not 2 lie 2 the public

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
shady_03 said:
i remember wen john howard first got elected, he made a huge, emotional speech saying that he was against the gst and under him it would never come into effect.
It was like 8 years ago i think lol but thats 1 thing i rememba from his speech
There is a difference between changing your mind and a lie. Im sure you have changed your mind about something before.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah but howards negatively effected every australian.... unless u enjoy paying 10% more for everything???

And hes the prime minister - ud expect him not 2 lie 2 the public
It doesn't "negatively impact every Australian". If we weren't paying it under GST we'd be paying it under income tax.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
Given the terrorist who frequents this forums signature, who has "VICTORY TO THE IRAQI INSURGENTS" then beneath it has "MAKE A DIFFERNCE, JOIN LABOR" I think people have a fair clue as to the craptastic & lethal motives which are behind Labor and their destructive nature.
One idiot (if he is an idiot) does not mean they are all idiots. The Libs have their fair share of idiots too, eg. Fred Nile.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Deus said:
There is a difference between changing your mind and a lie. Im sure you have changed your mind about something before.
dude he outright lied - he said he wouldnt AND HE DID... u cant defend that

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
withoutaface said:
It doesn't "negatively impact every Australian". If we weren't paying it under GST we'd be paying it under income tax.
how sure are you of that?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
Well the thing is Howard initially said there would not be a GST. But he changed his mind, and made a very public campaign on the basis of a GST. So the Australian people knew that they would get a GST if they voted for him. That was quite clear.

Secondly, who's to say the GST is a bad thing? All the money goes to the states. I'm not sure what people's gripe with it is.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
shady_03 said:
CIrcumstances change, especially from the economic climate from 20 or so years ago.

The GST was an unpopular but neccesary reform of indirect tax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)