is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
its an electrical device that rips out hair, lol
I remember when one of my friends was about to use one of those....but she was too scared to do it..
haha I was the test subject :p
Before It even got anywhere near me I was goin AHHH OWWW ITS GONNA HURT OWWW...then she puts it on my arm and i was like..... :| ehh...
moral of the story:
Thinking it will hurt more than it does makes it hurt less :uhhuh:
lol good times...

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
my sister got laser hair removal from this place in chatswood. Upside - no hair. Downside - $600 pricetag

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
yea i heard that laser is not cheap! for $70, must've been a tiny splotch?

man i hate regrowth......
hey is laser really effective? is it permanent..as in no waxing forever (20 + yrs?)

and how do the scars look like if u get one?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
ok well I finally decided to do some research and I've actually BOOKED my first session (to get the special deal they have going :p) but I can always cancel if I get freaked out....

it's not as expensive as everyone's making it out to be. special deal amkes it $55 per session (for 6 sessions) with the 1st session being free. and yes I researched the place and they're not dodgy at all. they're called "hair free" for those of u playing at home (www.hairfree.com.au)

like i said previously, it's meant to be 99% effective, and u only scar if u go out into the sun straight after or the day after u get it done. But obviously, be smart enough and avoid sun contact!

I just realised I dug up a really old thread. Anyway, a bit of info for anyone wanting to do it!

HSC
N/A
ohhh it's that light treatment stuff!

I hear it's less painful than laser, and can be done on all types of hair/skin :D (laser is really only good for dark hair light skin) let us know how it goes!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
The hairfree place has quite a few stores, so you just have to pick one of the stores. One of them is literally a 10min walk...but for the lazy person I am, a 2min drive :p

I'm quite excited about it. A little nervous, but it should be ok! and yes quite pain free!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
well there were prices listed on the ad I got from my local paper. But yeah you'd probably have to call. Notice that every place that does it have different prices - this is because they use different techniques.

Some use laser, which sizzles the hair, and pins you which woulc hurt (correct me if i'm wrong), or you can go to places which use different techniques. The one that I'm going to uses a beam of light which closes the hair follicles, and the lady told me it (obviously) doesn't hurt at all, since the machine doesn't touch your skin.

Skeeta

HSC
you're getting it done on bikini.. right?

let me know how it goes.. They've got some places near me and i wouldnt mind paying a few hundred to never.have.to.wax.again!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
It's permanent to a certain degree. Most places will advertise that you'll "never have to wax again", but in reality, I doubt it. I'm sure it'll last years, but you'll probably have to go back every couple of years to re-zap it. lol

So for those who were curious, I went and had my first treatment done 5 weeks ago (I have my 2nd treatment next week). The lady was really nice, and she explained hair growth and all that sort of stuff to me. With the hair free place that I went to, it isn't laser. It's a treatment called Square Intense Pulsed Light (SPL), and she was holding this wand thing in her hands and she places it on to my skin and it zaps the follicules.

She said to me that the pain would be like an elastic band flicking on my skin...so imagine that pain....on your bikini line. I must have a low pain threshold coz it hurt me!!

BUT the only good thing is that she only did 5 zaps on each side of my bikini line and VOILA! that was it!!! It's very quick and since you only have to get it done for 6 sessions every 6 weeks, you forget about the pain lol I couldn't feel any pain after.

The great thing about it is...I've only done 1 session and hardly ANY of my hair grew back. I sound like I'm promoting the business lol But seriously, I only needed to shave the bikini line the other day...which was exactly 5 weeks from my first session, that was the first time my hair started to grow back!! I was so excited lol

Anyway, if you're considering it, i recommend this doing SPL, only coz I heard laser hurts like a bitch. This wasn't too bad.

gracie007

HSC
Hey I get it done- have been for quite a while. Ive had around 6 treatments on my lower legs so far

With the pain thing, its different for everyone and also where they are doing it. Me personally I take pain quite well and have been told by the beautitians that I hack it really well. So they use a higher power on me.

Dont do it if you have fair hair because it doesnt work.

The reason i get it done is because I have dark, thick hair and I used to get heaps of ingrowns on my lower legs, and now that ive been having laser on them, the hair grows back heaps lighter, i get NO ingrowns and I only have to shave around once every 2 weeks (previously every 2-3 days).

Ur hair grows in cycles so they ask you to come back to do a treatment every time a new 'batch' of hair grows thru. After about 8 or so treatments you usually dont need anymore for a very long time.

They use this laser plastic gun sorta thing to do it, and just put it on ur skin and press the button, its very bright and sort of stings a bit, but as i said, pain is different for everyone. They also use a cooler pad because ur skin gets hot from it after a while. If you ask them to use that cooler thing heaps, it ends up numbing ur skin a bit and u hardly feel anything at all.

I would definately recommend it, but shop around for the cheapest places coz they pretty much all do the same thing anyway. I will probably start getting other areas on my body done soon.

oh and i should add- u prob shouldnt start a complete treatment unless u have the money to do it, it can get pretty expensive in the end, especially if u are getting large areas done like legs, arms, etc. but i guess it wouldnt be too bad considering each treatment is every 4-7 weeks or so.

Last edited:

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
It's permanent to a certain degree. Most places will advertise that you'll "never have to wax again", but in reality, I doubt it. I'm sure it'll last years, but you'll probably have to go back every couple of years to re-zap it. lol

So for those who were curious, I went and had my first treatment done 5 weeks ago (I have my 2nd treatment next week). The lady was really nice, and she explained hair growth and all that sort of stuff to me. With the hair free place that I went to, it isn't laser. It's a treatment called Square Intense Pulsed Light (SPL), and she was holding this wand thing in her hands and she places it on to my skin and it zaps the follicules.

She said to me that the pain would be like an elastic band flicking on my skin...so imagine that pain....on your bikini line. I must have a low pain threshold coz it hurt me!!

BUT the only good thing is that she only did 5 zaps on each side of my bikini line and VOILA! that was it!!! It's very quick and since you only have to get it done for 6 sessions every 6 weeks, you forget about the pain lol I couldn't feel any pain after.

The great thing about it is...I've only done 1 session and hardly ANY of my hair grew back. I sound like I'm promoting the business lol But seriously, I only needed to shave the bikini line the other day...which was exactly 5 weeks from my first session, that was the first time my hair started to grow back!! I was so excited lol

Anyway, if you're considering it, i recommend this doing SPL, only coz I heard laser hurts like a bitch. This wasn't too bad.
Which hair free centre did you get it done at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)