Last movie you've seen? (1 Viewer)

katy-g

HSC
Face off rocks.

I just finished watching mean girls for the like 50th time with a girlfriend.

I'll never get sick of that movie.

"boo you whore!"

jest

HSC
flightplan, i didn't enjoy it 'cause my sis spoilt the ending

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Battle Royale. A class is manipulated to go to this field trip and got gassed by the army and the students are sent into a lonesome island where they have to kill each other, battle royale style as an experiment by the Japanese government. Each student is given random things to kill each other with.

From guns to forks. :D

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
tarsus said:
Battle Royale. A class is manipulated to go to this field trip and got gassed by the army and the students are sent into a lonesome island where they have to kill each other, battle royale style as an experiment by the Japanese government. Each student is given random things to kill each other with.

From guns to forks. :D
battle royal is a top movie lol.
i watched aeon flux today... very much a let-down..

walrusbear

HSC
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005) - was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Tommy Lee Jones does something worthwhile - the first time in ages. i liked the script a lot more than 21 grams (the same writer). good performances and pretty appealing ideas (redemption, love, death etc, all that stuff that makes up life). i like barry pepper, he plays the asshole pretty well, once again. some of the plot reminded me of the awesome Peckinpah movie 'Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia'
4/5

Candy (2006) - i didn't know what this movie was until i walked in and was surprised by the pretty depressing subject matter :p it's a 'junkie' movie, so a lot of the standard elements are present. good performances, though i thought some of the dialogue was overly standard in some of the more dramatic moments. geoffrey rush plays an interesting char. a chem professor/smacky who acts as a father figure to heath ledger and 'candy'. it's a well made aussie drama, better than most i guess. i liked seeing familar sights in Newtown :) 'west end' pawn shop made an appearance.
4/5

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Scary Movie 4

Rating: 5/10

stupidly funny. if u like stupidity.
the more u watch it.. the more it wasn't as funny.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Dinner Rush (2000)
Rating: 7/10

Borrowed the DVD off a friend on their recommendation and didn't mind it overall. But that's probably because I like kitchens and chefs (my immediate attachment to Kitchen Confidential had nothing to do with the funny and all to do with the food). Overall I'd say the story is pretty good, acting excellent, and an entertaining enough watch to be worth renting.

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
It's been ages since my last post in this forum.

Just gone off with my friends last night, and we ended up seeing "She's the Man". I'm NOT a fan of teen movies, but this is one of the rare stand-outs. I know it's based on Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night', so that's why I was anxious to see what it's like to be adapted in a modern context, in the world of young generation.

A very decent movie.

icecreamdisco

HSC
haven't posted in nearly a month...

fat city (john huston, 1972) - great gritty 70's boxing drama, with a brilliantly poignant final scene and fantastic performances from stacy keach, jeff bridges and especially susan tyrell. 8.5/10

bukowski: born into this (john dullaghan, 2004) - exceptional doco. 8.5/10

tsotsi (gavin hood, 2005) - overrated, formulaic, but watchable. no way in hell this deserved the best foreign film oscar. 5.5/10

v for vendetta (james mctiegue, 2006) - a lot of fun, if politically trivial. 7/10

benny's video (michael haneke, 1992) - another provocative and chilling film from haneke. can't wait for cache next week. 8.5

twentynine palms (bruno dumont, 2003) - i don't know if this is a brilliant meditation on the male psyche, or a pretentious joke from an anti-american shock-provocateur charlatan, but i'll just go with my gut in this case - i'm still thinking about it after two weeks. 9/10 (tentative)

la soufriere (werner herzog, 1976) - 30 minute doco about a visit to an island where a volcano was supposed to erupt but didn't... nothing short of haunting, and probably my favorite herzog. hard to track down, but worth it (it comes on the 'short films of werner herzog' video with three others that i didn't get round to watching). 9.5/10

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Ice Age 2: the meltdown. Yep, it was funnyness. 8/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)