Last movie you've seen? (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Transformers today, like the nerd I am. I braced for the worst but it wasn't bad. I reckon one scene toward the end let me down a bit (considering I happen to be a fan of the first 20 mins and last 15 mins of the 1986 film) but I won't spoil it.

If anyone was a fan of the show as a kid this movie does do the cartoon a fair bit of justice, and watch out for the sly references to the old show etc.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Saw Transformers, and it was exactly what I expected it to be.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
noir. said:
which was...?
lol, fair question. It had some good action, cardboard cutout characters and plot, cheesy lines and lame jokes, but was good for a laugh at the time of watching it. I could have reviewed it before walking in, I reckon.

It actually reminded me very much of Small Soldiers. However, I love that movie, this one was nowhere near as classic as SS was.

Last edited:

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
Transformers today, like the nerd I am. I braced for the worst but it wasn't bad. I reckon one scene toward the end let me down a bit (considering I happen to be a fan of the first 20 mins and last 15 mins of the 1986 film) but I won't spoil it.

If anyone was a fan of the show as a kid this movie does do the cartoon a fair bit of justice, and watch out for the sly references to the old show etc.
Now i really cant wait to see it.

eleanynx23

HSC
fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer. didn't like the way they portrayed galactus though. thought id actually get to see it but they must hide him from everyone.

kaylz

HSC
art school confidential. enjoyed it.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
mean creek
i was blown away by the fantastic acting from such a young cast. the moral/message of the film was also really well executed and not at all unnatural and hammy (as it could have so easily ended up being).

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I actually like Breakfast at Tiffany's even though it's a chick flick. :eek:

Last film: Cleo from 5 to 7

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
chelsea girl said:
mean creek
i was blown away by the fantastic acting from such a young cast. the moral/message of the film was also really well executed and not at all unnatural and hammy (as it could have so easily ended up being).
OMG YES. <333 seriously, I saw it about a month ago and it's now one of my favorite movies. I was just blown away by it, the story, the characters, the acting, the cinematography, everything. got it for $14 in the city too, bargaaaaain.

CieL

HSC
Apparently Superman..

If you dont count the fact I fell asleep three times whilst watching it.

cfair

Banned
HSC
I heard Epic Movie was good from some friends, so I downloaded it... thank fuck I didn't waste money on hiring this rubbish because I turned it off after 40 minutes. It's the worst movie I have seen all year, I have lost respect for the people who recommeded it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
MEAN MACHINE

Pursuit of Happyness <- brilliant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)