Late Round Offers - Question (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys, I'm asking on behalf of a friend.

He received a main round offer for Science/Education @ UNSW. However, he's considering to decline this and undertake a Science/Education degree @ USYD. If he hypothetically receives an offer for USYD in the Late or Final Round offers, does this mean he will lose his offer @ UNSW? Does he have a choice between the two?

If he chooses to accept his main round offer @ UNSW, there is no going back correct? No offers will be provided thereafter, once accepted?

I'm a bit confused myself as I have little knowledge of this.

Cheers

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
He should accept the UNSW offer as it will otherwise lapse before the next round.

He should then change his preferences and make sure the USYD degree is first and this will be considered in the late and final rounds.

If he receives an offer for the USYD degree he can simply withdraw from the UNSW degree.

If he doesn't accept the main round offer now he risks ending up with nothing as there is no guarantee of a later offer.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A question to ask yourself is this?

Where do the vacancies come from in later round offers?

1. A decision to lower the cut-off to fill an unfilled course.
2. People offered the course in the earlier rounds don't accept their offers thus freeing up positions for others.

Now if your friend decides not to accept their first round offer the uni could, and probably will, offer that position to someone else and thus your friend loses their uni place in that course.

If they get an offer in the second or later rounds then they can withdraw from the earlier offer (and if that happens in the second round that place can then be offered in the final round)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)