• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Latham's illness (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
And here is where it all breaks down. You seem to believe in an eye for an eye, and that two wrongs make a right. I find that thoroughly hypocritical because it is seemingly exactly what you imply hatred of - war, violence, ignorance. If you had perhaps lost your temper once it would be different, but you act with intention.

If you want to prove somebody wrong or if you want to convince somebody of something, intimidation and attack are probably the two worst ways to do so.

katie tully's initial display of idiot rightism demanded response.

While Jesus! could have taken the path of the normal Labor citizen, that of ignoring displays of idiot rightism and moving on to engage informed centre-rightists, the preffered Libral Party tactic of winning elections with idiot rightist election campaings has forced us good Labor men and women to step down to their level, and now we have to argue like children.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
leetom said:
katie tully's initial display of idiot rightism demanded response.

While Jesus! could have taken the path of the normal Labor citizen, that of ignoring displays of idiot rightism and moving on to engage informed centre-rightists, the preffered Libral Party tactic of winning elections with idiot rightist election campaings has forced us good Labor men and women to step down to their level, and now we have to argue like children.
leetom
check your PMs

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
You're not physically sticking me anywhere, luckily. Metaphorically, you aren't, either, because the only time you've corrected me is about the Labour Party's name. You have stated there is a reason for their name yet you did not give that reason - fine, I'll believe you (and I'll freely admit part of the reason I called you a moron was because I thought you were trying to enforce American spelling over Australian, and for that part of the reason I apologise). Other than that the only places you've been "sticking me" are places you've shoddily constructed in an attempt to get the better of me, such as claiming I follow a certain political affiliation, claiming I have no knowledge of political history, et cetera. None of this is founded upon anything solid and hence I see it of little relevance to "get out of" such places.
Yes you were wrong. Wasn't hard to admit.

And here is where it all breaks down. You seem to believe in an eye for an eye, and that two wrongs make a right. I find that thoroughly hypocritical because it is seemingly exactly what you imply hatred of - war, violence, ignorance. If you had perhaps lost your temper once it would be different, but you act with intention.
If you didn't notice you can't get anywhere in this forum by reasoning. Simply might as well take up the method used by some of the members here. You ony have to have a quick look at the some of the threads to see that reason on both sides is ignored.

Name calling works in this forum. A number of us who do have political science backgrounds in this forum gave up. We write nicely structures respponces wasting our time actually explaining basic stuff to some of the school kids here (its not really their fault. They dont have the benefit of uni pols sci yet). It doesn't work.

They just throw insults at you. So What do we do? Give up and throw em back.

Trust me I and many others have tried to be civil and to reason. But it's just not worth it.

If you want to prove somebody wrong or if you want to convince somebody of something, intimidation and attack are probably the two worst ways to do so.
Again. Most of us have tried to reason. It simply doesn't work. You yourself managed to call me a moron for doing the right thing...ie knowing an iota about Australian politics.

Reason is very dated in this forum. Just look at Poor old moonlights god thread. He almost has a totally tight philosophical argument against God, like all fellow lawyers should, and nobody reads it. No body bothers.

There are only about 5 or 6 members here that know what they are talking about. This forum is sooper' when they are all here and all getting in and debating politics properly without the need for insults. That has happened before but it aint gonna happen much more.

With the advent of Thornydevil and to a lesser extent Katie Tully who most of the time just use insults (cant blame them again) and daily telegraph snippets the old days are gone.

So why bother. Just go for a good old slander and insult. Some of spend most of the time filling the others in about basic history so they understand what they are arguing against.

As above. Why you see the need to resort to what is essentially childish behaviour is beyond me. I respect people's political affiliations. I do not, however, respect people who resort to brutishness and childishness.
Again aim low. We gave up ages ago in this forum. Most who have any forum political education have left.

You're not a 'bleeding heart', because that would indicate you are compassionate, however you given your previous comments about intimidative retaliation being necessary to defend your views, I don't believe you are compassionate.
Eye for an eye. Thats the way katie and others such as thorny devil like it. Two perfect examples of members who never responded to reason and simply threw insults. Well they got the most attention. It also gets really tiring to have to spell stuff out for them all the time.

So you know you just give up like the rest of us and do what they do. Abuse the shit out of them. No matter what. No matter how structured your responces are or how civil they will retort with an insult and then claim a victory.

:rolleyes:

Its just funny sometimes. But I just come in sometimes to have a random abusing session against some very ignorant people (again not their fault) who think they know politics inside out after doing legal studies or economics at school and getting 90 in it.

They make assertions about international law without even going near any conventions or even knowing about them. They make assertions about stuff they know absolutly nothing about other than from what they know from their parents, what they see on TV and read in the tele.

How can that kind of person make serious assertions about the validity of the war in iraq? they havnt even looked or even know the ground rules or have even looked at the relevant convention nor understand or have studied or looked at the history of the area. Ie they know FA. There is no point debating with them. Give up. Keep it short. Throw insults.

Its like debating with a a lawyer over some contentious area of photovoltaics. You know much more than the lawyer but in order to debate with them you are gonna have to keep filling them in on the basics.

You have said things that are extremist. But you now seem to claim that your words fall under defence of what you stand for, instead of extremism. If you truly believe that, then you see the futility in trying to show you how your words were extreme, as your rebuttal would simply be that "that isn't extremism, I was simply defending my beliefs". And if you don't believe your words were in defence, then you would be lying and hence would disagree with me regardless.
No. Seriously. Quote some stuff that was extreme? Just because i was abusive doesnt mean i was being extreme. People who get angry are not extreme.

Saying that God rules the earth and only white people are allowed in Australia is extreme.

Abusing the otherside for the sake of it isnt extreme. If thats extreme then so are all the people in this thread - including you.

Last edited:

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Just because someone doesn't have a political education does NOT mean they have no idea what they are talking about.
I myself am one of the "school kids" well was untill this year anyways, but i'm not an idiot, and nor am I incapeable of a rational reasoned response. This place might be overflowing with slander and meaningless insults, but the schoolkids aren't the only ones doing the insulting are they? You don't have to lower yourself to that kind of behaviour, yet almost everyoe does.

That said....yey Latham.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
Just because someone doesn't have a political education does NOT mean they have no idea what they are talking about.
I myself am one of the "school kids" well was untill this year anyways, but i'm not an idiot, and nor am I incapeable of a rational reasoned response. This place might be overflowing with slander and meaningless insults, but the schoolkids aren't the only ones doing the insulting are they? You don't have to lower yourself to that kind of behaviour, yet almost everyoe does.

That said....yey Latham.
They have less idea than some. Notice that you are not listed as one of those idiot school kids.

As explained. Its easier to lower. You have to in order to even discuss.

K

katie_tully

Jesus, you really are speaking for yourself in that big rant.

For one, I resent being told that I know nothing and that everything has to be spelt out for me. When has anything been spelt out for me? You merely suggest I don't know what I'm on about BECAUSE I HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS. Oh my, if it's different then it MUST BE WRONG.

The only self proclaimed "intellectual" who apparently knows what they're on about, and who drops to thornydevil and my level, IS YOURSELF.

If I remember correctly, you were the one hurling insults around in this thread well before I did. I said Latham had no brain. I didn't say anything about the Labor Party, the Liberal Party, or Howard being better until you pulled that redneck post from your arse, as though it has any relevance here. Then, you know what? I argued with you over something I'm quite indifferent to, OUT OF SPITE, because you went off yapping your mouth.

You obviously have this superiority complex, that anybody who doesn't hold a law degree isn't fit for discussing politics, or doesn't know what they're on about. As though a law degree is the be all and end all of everybodys life.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Jesus, you really are speaking for yourself in that big rant.

For one, I resent being told that I know nothing and that everything has to be spelt out for me. When has anything been spelt out for me? You merely suggest I don't know what I'm on about BECAUSE I HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS. Oh my, if it's different then it MUST BE WRONG.
You are no where near as bad as thorny...and I made that clear. But its pretty obvious that you have little basing in politics. Again not your fault.

If I remember correctly, you were the one hurling insults around in this thread well before I did. I said Latham had no brain. I didn't say anything about the Labor Party, the Liberal Party, or Howard being better until you pulled that redneck post from your arse, as though it has any relevance here. Then, you know what? I argued with you over something I'm quite indifferent to, OUT OF SPITE, because you went off yapping your mouth.
Might as well. You do it. It's your method. Insults galore. Of course I'm going to insult back.

I believe you dont remember correctly.
katie_tully said:
While we are at it, can we fuck Carr off as well?
Page One First insult of the thread. Mature and well thought out.

katie_tully said:
Didn't he have some issue with his appendix? Don't take everything the SMH regurgitates, Latham being the sissy, bleeding heart liberal he is wouldn't have missed an opportunity to lick international arse without a good reason.
Again...page two before i even posted. Again very civil. Very mature. High level political discussion.

katie_tully said:
I come to the conclusion, based on the fact he has no brain for the cancer to grow on. No brain cells to corrupt.
Again before I posted.

You obviously have this superiority complex, that anybody who doesn't hold a law degree isn't fit for discussing politics, or doesn't know what they're on about. As though a law degree is the be all and end all of everybodys life.
Well do you think you are fit to comment like you know something about the war in iraq. Your knowledge doesn't extend very far does it? Nor about the merits of the LAbor or liberal party and their philosophy.

As for uni degree's. Most people who have gone to uni and done some kind of course that deals with politics are just fine. Law degree not required. I made the comment that Lawyers often make good politicians not that a law degree is required to discuss politics....ie John Howard, Costello, Abbott.

Now are you read you discuss still without throwing an insult? Can you answer without insulting? All I did was shrink to your level and you started calling names. Fun isn't it?

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Jesus! said:
You are no where near as bad as thorny.

Might as well. You do it. It's your method. Insults galore. Of course I'm going to insult back.

Well do you think you are fit to comment like you know something about the war in iraq. Your knowledge doesn't extend very far does it?

As for uni degree's. Most people who have gone to uni and done some kind of course that deals with politics are just fine. Law degree not required. I made the comment that Lawyers often make good politicians not that a law degree is required to discuss politics....ie John Howard, Costello, Abbott.

Now are you read you discuss still without throwing an insult? Can you answer without insulting?
Here we go again. I used an insult in a previous thread. Did I here until I was started on? No. I did not.
Generator does quite fine arguing his? (are you a guy?) point without using insults. He? doesn't lower himself to the level that I use. Maybe if we could all harness some of Generators wealth of knowledge this stupid thread wouldn't be 10 pages of crap argument.
I admit, I use insults, out of pure frustation. Are you saying though, that because I use insults I'm of a lesser intelligence? Well, arent you putting yourself in that league?
By the way, you can't use the "she does so I will" defence in here. You started with the insults well before I did. This is a case of "he started it so i continued", thus making you no better than myself.

I think I am very fit to comment on the Iraq war. Are you implying that people who haven't gone to university yet or at all have no general knowledge? That they know nothing and therefore cannot discuss such topics?

Do you at all know how far my knowledge extends? Do you know what I read, who I discuss with and watch I watch? I'm not a SMH guppie. I don't read shit from the News section and take that as it is. And seeing as how you do not know me, or my studying habits, I think that you have no right to even begin to judge just how much I know.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Here we go again. I used an insult in a previous thread. Did I here until I was started on? No. I did not.
Yes you did. First mindless insult of the thread. First page. Everyone was being mature and civil until you decided to lower the thread to your level when everyone was having a nice good discussiion civily.

katie_tully said:
and then again.

katie_tully said:
Didn't he have some issue with his appendix? Don't take everything the SMH regurgitates, Latham being the sissy, bleeding heart liberal he is wouldn't have missed an opportunity to lick international arse without a good reason.
...and then you get pissed when some insult back. Get real.

Generator does quite fine arguing his? (are you a guy?) point without using insults. He? doesn't lower himself to the level that I use. Maybe if we could all harness some of Generators wealth of knowledge this stupid thread wouldn't be 10 pages of crap argument.
He does argue well. Totally ignored by people like you.

I admit, I use insults, out of pure frustation. Are you saying though, that because I use insults I'm of a lesser intelligence? Well, arent you putting yourself in that league?
No. It means you have nothing to back it up. Anyways members here that use reason are ignored.

By the way, you can't use the "she does so I will" defence in here. You started with the insults well before I did. This is a case of "he started it so i continued", thus making you no better than myself.
No you didn't, look at thread. You throw the first two insults and then get pissed of when I insult back. Get real.

How does it feel when everyone has to compete at your level?

I think I am very fit to comment on the Iraq war. Are you implying that people who haven't gone to university yet or at all have no general knowledge? That they know nothing and therefore cannot discuss such topics?
I dont think you know the first thing about international law. From the Treaty of Wesphalia to The CERD or UN Charter.

Its like asking joe blow in the street to discuss the merits of hybrid cars. He will have an opinion. But chances are he isnt going to have an informed opinion.

What about a first year mechanical engineering or Photovoltaics student or a motoring jounrno?

Do you at all know how far my knowledge extends? Do you know what I read, who I discuss with and watch I watch? I'm not a SMH guppie. I don't read shit from the News section and take that as it is. And seeing as how you do not know me, or my studying habits, I think that you have no right to even begin to judge just how much I know.
It shows in your posts. You are passionate. You get pissed. You dont understand it. You throw insults and then upset when others throw insults.

I dont care what paper you read. The Australian and the SMH along with the AFR might be a good start.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Um. Try again. I commented on Latham, then you did your big spill on being a redneck. I did not attack any person on this thread personally, until it was done so to me.
Game over.

Secondly, you must be speaking for yourself again. I take on board everything that people like Asquithian and Generator say, because they manage to say it in an uncondecsending way, without resorting to whats good for the goose is good for the gander tactics.
You sir, are not a Generator or an Asquithian by any means, so maybe you need to get off your high horse and stop struting as though you're an authoritive figure, who has the right to say who is intelligent and who is not.
Totally ignored by people like me? I think not. :) Nice try though.

I have lots to back what I say up. I backed myself up earlier in this thread, something you then branded as "lies"... without providing the real figures, or more appropriately, real truths :) all you've manage to do on this thread is present post after post of Labor propaganda, to try and attack me. I don't give two shits about Labor. Or the Liberals. I don't like Latham. I don't think he should be leader. Which part of that do you not comprehend?

I am passionate to a degree that, if somebody disagrees with me unreasonably, get pretty pissed off. It's people like you who do that though. I don't get pissed with people who can show I am wrong, or misinformed WITHOUT BEING A TOTAL DICK ABOUT IT. :)

Now, I've finished arguing with you. I've got a headache, and this is going nowhere. We could yap on for another 200 pages.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Um. Try again. I commented on Latham, then you did your big spill on being a redneck. I did not attack any person on this thread personally, until it was done so to me.
Game over..
You use insults and nothing else to attack people. You did it first in this thread. Page one and page two before I even posted.

It's your general method of posting in this forum. Insult people, insult political people. Insult and thats it. It dumbs down the place and it makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean. Dont expect to insult people and not get people inculting your back in that person or their own persons defence.

I believe you dont remember correctly.
katie_tully said:
Page One First insult of the thread. Mature and well thought out. Everyone one else was discussion cilvily. You just had to come along.

katie_tully said:
Again...page one before I even posted. Again very civil. Very mature. High level political discussion. Doesn't destroy the thread at all. Very mature. Please write that kind of stuff when you get to uni.

You just cant hack it coming back at you. You can throw em insults but you can't hack them coming back at you. Plus your level of political discussion is top notch. You really added to the thread. I'd just thought you would appreciate someone dumbing down with you.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Its not confusing, neo conservative dickheads like Katie Tully just try to make it seem that way. Forge on comrade, knowledge is power.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Come on children.....play nice.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Mate, lefties have been playing nice for too long, its time to play like johnny and his cronies do.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
And if Latham was in power it would be Latham and his cronies

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i need some definitions:

What is meant by Right, centre and lefties exactly?
And what is neo conservative, and what is its opposite or whatever (there was a group that compliments it in heaps of discussions). Definitions please!! It would be much appreciated:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)