• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Latham's illness (3 Viewers)

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
I slightly disagree....

Most of the, you know, "redneck, racists" out here would have voted for the Labor party, were it not for Latham.
That really was the general opinion out here in redneck racistville. People out here didn't feel as though they had enough faith in somebody like Latham. Definately if they had a different leader, I know alot of people out this way would have voted differently.

I know. Redneck racist ville prefer the more old fashioned type of statesman. There sure as aint gonna vote for a young guy who talks funny.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
This may seem like a stupid question, but are you referring to Latham as the Opposition leader or Latham as only the member for Werriwa when discussing his 'eloquence'? His performance as the Opposition leader has seemed far from being that bad in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of Rudd. As intelligent and considering as he may be, he would just be another leader rather than someone who appears to offer something different. That's just my opinion, though.

His performance as opposition leader was ok. He did OK. He was never ever going to win and that has to be kept in mind. Plus the ALP advertising was piss weak and too polite.

The ALP had to WIN IT the libs were never gonna give it up.

'Ladder of opportunity'

plus the interest rate stunt were just cringe worthy

1. No one cares about opportunity. Money = opportunity. Plus who wants opportunity when you can have a tax cut?

2. the interest rate stunt was just stupid.

I think Rudd comes accross like he knows what he talking about. Plus he is a Queenslander and the ALP MUST WIN QUEENSLAND. Latham at times seems repetitive.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Heh Queensland... Another case that clearly shows how pointless the 'every vote counts' line truly is.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Jesus! said:
1. No one cares about opportunity. Money = opportunity. Plus who wants opportunity when you can have a tax cut?
Sarcastic or serious?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Sarcastic or serious?

Somewhere inbetween hoping that it isn't true.

If people were given the choice of massive tax cuts or free high standard education for all who want it...ie excellent public schools that rival the private sector I believe 'the people' would choose the massive tax cuts.

spiny norman

HSC
Jesus! said:
No government has been voted out when during times of war.
I have to pull you up on this. Whitlam beat McMahon during the Vietnam War.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Jesus! said:
Somewhere inbetween hoping that it isn't true.

If people were given the choice of massive tax cuts or free high standard education for all who want it...ie excellent public schools that rival the private sector I believe 'the people' would choose the massive tax cuts.
Why not say that they would also welcome an increase in non-public school sector funding alongside a tax cut or two... Middle-class welfare for all (all who can afford it, anyway).

What a country.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
What kind of moron are you? You live in Australia, not America.
I think that he is the type of moron who knows that the ALP stands for the Australian Labor (not Labour) Party.

If you were just trying to be funny... It didn't work.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
What kind of moron are you? You live in Australia, not America.

Hahahhahha. Australian 'Labor' Party in Australia

Labour party in England.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
I'm not trying to be funny, however we live in Australia and we use colour not color, among other things.

It doesn't matter an iota that the party's official name uses the American spelling - we live in Australia, not America, and we should use the Australian spelling.

Does that mean I think the official name should be changed? Yes. Does that mean I think Jesus! is any less of a moron? No.

So fuckwit who doesn't know the name of one of Australia's major political parties. What context was I using it in? Yes that's right. THE AUSTRALIAN LABOR PARTY. So what's your fucking problem? I used the correct word for the correct context. You my moronic friend couldn't couldnt even indetify why it was used. You in fact thought it was some kind of stupid spelling mistake.

If I was using it in another context I would spell it 'Labour'.

That is the name of the party. It has always been spelt that why. If you had any research skills it would take you about 3 mins to find out WHY it is spelt that way.

Please try harder to cover up your total lack of knowledge of anything political and continue do whatever you do...ie science/engineering which has about as much social/political content as yr 3.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
I'd like to see you justify your last sentence as you continually hound people to do throughout this thread.

But that's OK; you're a political extremist, you don't need to justify anything you say, because you're always correct.
Um I was right. You had no idea what the name of the ALP was. Admit it. It doesn't hurt to say you didn't know. You called me a fucking idiot for spelling it 'Australian Labor party'

There are a number of people who support the liberal party in this forum who do know what they are talking about.

Extremist. Oh come on.

What have that was extreme in this thread? Seriously. Tell me what i said in this thread what was extremist?

All i have done was

1. Defend the Labor party which I'm allowed to do.
2. Suggest that Kevin Rudd should be the Leader of the ALP.
3. Suggest that lawyers make better leaders.

Yep I must be an extremist! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I'd like to see you justify your last sentence as you continually hound people to do throughout this thread.

But that's OK; you're a political extremist, you don't need to justify anything you say, because you're always correct.
That's right, he is. I love Jesus, <3 ;)
I recognise that Latham may not have been the best person to lead the Labor party, but there's not need to throw random insults at him.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Semantics first: I called you a moron not a fucking idiot. A fucking idiot would indicate a higher degree of dislike for you then I really possess.

Depends what you define extreme as. But by the looks of this thread, you revile and attack anybody who disagrees with you (re politics, but probably everthing) and treat them as scum. That's pretty extreme to me.

I'm not going to go about quoting you because if you don't think you're an extremist, obviously quoting you won't show you that you are.

I mean, tell me, what do you stand for politically? Because I have a feeling that on paper what you stand for does not correlate with how you defend what you stand for.
he does no worse than others, whom shall remain nameless.
he's a leftie. That should explain a lot.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Semantics first: I called you a moron not a fucking idiot. A fucking idiot would indicate a higher degree of dislike for you then I really possess.

Depends what you define extreme as. But by the looks of this thread, you revile and attack anybody who disagrees with you (re politics, but probably everthing) and treat them as scum. That's pretty extreme to me.

I'm not going to go about quoting you because if you don't think you're an extremist, obviously quoting you won't show you that you are.

I mean, tell me, what do you stand for politically? Because I have a feeling that on paper what you stand for does not correlate with how you defend what you stand for.
You don't like me? I don't hate you. Maybe it's because I'm sticking you in places you don't like. I dont hate you nor Katie Tully. I pity you because you you seem to have no political education at all. I feel the same was about Katie Tully. I respect neo, Moonlight, Rorix and maybe even Not so bright mainly because they know what they are talking about.

Katie Tully has a point. Other posters such as moonlight and neo who do support the Liberals do know what they are talking about and I don't treat them as scum.

If you deride the side of politics that you do not support, without reason, dont expect people like me to just take it - I'm going to hit back just as hard and probably in the same way - ie utter slander.

I have nothing against Tully. But when she treats those who think differently to her as scum and totally stupid dont expect the 'others' to not throw it back her. People like me are going to say something back and probably in the same vien.

As for extreme I havn't said anything that is very extreme at all. But please go ahead and quote. If I'm an extremist so is KAtie Tully. All she does is use 'bleeding heart liberal' like it actually means something and like its something bad.

But please. Quote me being an extremist.

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
He isn't an idiot for spelling the Party name correctly.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
He isn't an idiot for spelling the Party name correctly.
He's an idiot for calling me a moron for spelling it correctly :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Need some chill pills?

wow this has gone of on a tangent...

K

katie_tully

Firstly.
Why did Jesus just bring me into that?

Secondly, Jesus, for your information :)

I said I disliked Latham. I did not once say anything about the Labor party, nor did I say anything about the Liberals being better, nor did I indicate I was a die hard liberal.
THAT WAS until you branded me a redneck and a die hard liberal...
I wasted over an hour of my day defending the Liberal party out of spite, because somebody JUMPED DOWN MY THROAT because I said Latham had no brain.

He doesn't. YOU then went on to say Latham shouldn't be the leader.

WELL NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK, THAT WAS ONLY MY POINT THE WHOLE TIME.

Your posts consited of a "im right, you're wrong theme", and you neglectfully and somewhat hypocritically pointed out that i know nothing of the other side and why people vote for it. i dont give a fuck why they do. you then tried to tell me that the liberal party posts lies :) but i didnt see you pulling any other figures from your arse, like the rest of your argument
I DONT LIKE LATHAM. the fucking end.

spiny norman

HSC
Slide Rule said:
You're not physically sticking me anywhere, luckily. Metaphorically, you aren't, either, because the only time you've corrected me is about the Labour Party's name. You have stated there is a reason for their name yet you did not give that reason - fine, I'll believe you.
Basically they chose that name out of respect for the American Labor/Union Movement. It's something along those lines, nothing too complex nor a particularly great story worth recounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)