Law Orientation Day (1 Viewer)

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Hello all! So who's going to the Macquarie Law Orientation Day on the 19th Feb? There's only one other guy who's doing law at Macq U with me from my school, and I'm willing to bet there's alot more peeps out there who won't know too many ppl who are doing it? So the purpose of O day is to get to know ppl before the lectures start right?

So who's going? And is anyone looking forward to the law camp? There's unlimited booze if ur over 18, which I am not :p

Cougar007

HSC
I am also doing law and know no one! So the O day should be good. Law camp sounds awesome, when is it on?

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
an exact date hasn't been released yet although I reckon they'll tell us on O-day (I'll bet there's going to dozens of others all asking the same question) I think its sometime after the first few weeks of uni, probably in march? If so that would mean that I would have the dubious distinction of having just missed out by the time camp comes around :p

Last edited:

gapathetic

HSC
Will be doing law at MQ this year as well but can't make it to orientation cos its on a saturday and i'll be preoccupied with something else. Hate how its on a weekend... so weird cos all the other faculties are on weekdays. Would it be possible for you guys to post on this thread what you do (& get told about) on orientation?? It would be greatly appreciated.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Will be doing law at MQ this year as well but can't make it to orientation cos its on a saturday and i'll be preoccupied with something else. Hate how its on a weekend... so weird cos all the other faculties are on weekdays. Would it be possible for you guys to post on this thread what you do (& get told about) on orientation?? It would be greatly appreciated.
Will do, although I don't think it's a problem if you can't make it for the law orientation day. It's all about meeting ppl who are doing ur degree and having a feel of what life on campus is like. I phoned SES a few weeks back asking if I needed to go to both the Arts and Law O days (I'm doing Social Science/Law) but they said u only need to go once, so that means that the O-days aren't even faculty specific.

So if u can't make it to the Law Day, then I would say just go to on the O-day relative to the other degree ur combining it with. You'll get to meet other ppl also enrolled and u'll get assigned mentors and get to participate in all the group activities and just have a general sense of what life at uni is all out

And just out of interest what course are u enrolled into?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Shameee....not over 18 and can't drink at law camp. Enjoy your orientation.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I don't think there's going to be alot of supervision so I might be able to sneak a few vodka cruisers in...I've developed a taste for alcopops. Sides its more about meeting the ppl who ur going to be studying alongside for the next 5 yrs

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Will do, although I don't think it's a problem if you can't make it for the law orientation day. It's all about meeting ppl who are doing ur degree and having a feel of what life on campus is like. I phoned SES a few weeks back asking if I needed to go to both the Arts and Law O days (I'm doing Social Science/Law) but they said u only need to go once, so that means that the O-days aren't even faculty specific.

So if u can't make it to the Law Day, then I would say just go to on the O-day relative to the other degree ur combining it with. You'll get to meet other ppl also enrolled and u'll get assigned mentors and get to participate in all the group activities and just have a general sense of what life at uni is all out

And just out of interest what course are u enrolled into?
They are very much faculty specific however that would not make it worth your while going to two, you would still be receiving much of the same info. If you show up to a day you are not registered for you it's likely you will be turned away; the theatres being used will be filled to capacity.

sean1990

HSC
dont stress about making friends at orientation.

U generally make your friends in your tutorials.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well if you haven't registered, we are literally at capacity for almost all of the Orientations...

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
If memory serves me right, you rego online.
alright I forgot that I accidentally registered for the Arts O-day on the 16th cause at the time I didn't know there was an O-day for law. I did all my enrolment stuff ages ago and now law 0-day is fully booked, and I forgot to go back and change my booking for o-day out so its an epic blunder on my part. Any chance of me still showing up on the law o-day instead even if I havent registered?

Last edited:

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
yeah methinks I'll just turn up on the day, if my experience with enrolment prep was anything to go by they shouldn't mind. I was 1.5 hrs late for my enrolment prep session but I just went to the next available session, so it seems booking times aren't set in stone, I guess one can just turn up at any given time

dynasty

HSC
i wanted to go but i have work =( it goes from 9-3, anyone know if it actually goes that long?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
alright I forgot that I accidentally registered for the Arts O-day on the 16th cause at the time I didn't know there was an O-day for law. I did all my enrolment stuff ages ago and now law 0-day is fully booked, and I forgot to go back and change my booking for o-day out so its an epic blunder on my part. Any chance of me still showing up on the law o-day instead even if I havent registered?
As Asylum has said, almost all of the orientation days have been booked to capacity. I don't know about Law but Arts and several other faculties are literally full, we will not be able to accomodate anyone that has not registered and unfortunately that means people who just show up on the day without having registered online will be asked to attend alternate non-faculty specific orientation on the 19th.

That said, i'm not sure how the numbers look for Law at the moment. I would e-mail Mentors@Macquarie to sort something out, please don't just show up on the day.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I hope so, it's just better to check i think, it would really suck to show up only to be turned away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)