Learning 'NEW' words can be fun :) (1 Viewer)

Domsky

HSC
Hii guys this thread is just a fun thread and it's mainly about 'New interesting words' you may have been taught or encountered in school...
Feel free to share any new and interesting word for people to benefit from, you never know you might be able to use this for something e.g Debating or other subjects or even to people...:D

So enjoy and hopefully you guys get involve:) Just write anything that you learnt recently or old words from school but try to be mature with this one :)
Cheers and Enjoy!
Here's mine which i learnt in english yesterday:D

Draggletailed

Guttersnipe

Sanguinary

if i think of more i will post it :D

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Pentakosiomedemnoi

A class of Athenian citizens, i.e. owners of large, productive tracts of land

Last edited:

Domsky

HSC
Providing a brief definition for each one would help.
True but it would be fun to research this too, it's like asking for a spoon when you can use your hand....or something like that :)
in my opinion lazy people would ask for an easier way out in things and if you are smart which i hope u are then you will look it up...:)
no offence intended!
:)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True but it would be fun to research this too, it's like asking for a spoon when you can use your hand....or something like that :)
in my opinion lazy people would ask for an easier way out in things and if you are smart which i hope u are then you will look it up...:)
no offence intended!
:)
I just meant that, if you provide a definition people may be more likely to investigate, and possibly use the word. Threads like this often have people just posting word after word, with people more interested in the things they contribute than what others are posting.

Peripeteia: reversal of fortune

madharris

HSC
N/A
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

Fear of long words. My friend taught me this :blink2:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Just randomly found this one, thought it might b appropriate for some people

Paraskavedekatriaphobia - fear of Friday the 13th

Domsky

HSC
I just meant that, if you provide a definition people may be more likely to investigate, and possibly use the word. Threads like this often have people just posting word after word, with people more interested in the things they contribute than what others are posting.

Ok, yeah i get what you mean...cool word :)

Direwolf

HSC

I have come to hate that word and any word that relates to English Extension

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I have come to hate that word and any word that relates to English Extension
Haha, yeah, I had a feeling someone would feel like that. It's more interesting at a university level, I swear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)