Lecture pad or exercise book (1 Viewer)

alien

HSC
i got some lecture pads with the spiral across the top so i can write. then i'll just tear out pages and shove them in the right folders

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Katie123 said:

are these the lecture books you are all talking about. spiral on top or side
ahh, good ol' Spirax™
serving me well since '94

Generator

HSC
N/A
doingHSC said:
btw, do u use same book for lectures and tutes?
Why ask us? It's your life/book...

Edit: It's your choice, and if you would like any more more advice I would suggest that you wait till you have sat through the first tutorial/know what will be involved within the tutorial so that you don't waste any money on books that aren't needed (i.e., work it out for yourself once you what what is required of you and not before).

Last edited:

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:

are these the lecture books you are all talking about. spiral on top or side
and do they make those lecture books with more than 140 pages.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
slinky said:
and do they make those lecture books with more than 140 pages.
dunno, but you usually wouldn't use it all anyway, i only needed one of these for all the five subjects i did last semester... (but then my course is practical more than theory..) if you get one of these for each sub you should be set!

just buy more as you have need. i've tried the 5sub notebooks but prefer these lecture pads, you just rip notes off and file them away or leave them attached if you don't trust yourself to be organised enough.. :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
natstar said:
You would have to find out if USYD has WEBCT or Blackboard or the like- which im pretty sure they would

yeah we have blackboard:)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
i recommend scrap paper. Its good for the environment. Have rubbish written on one side and lots of useful notes on the other. At the end of the lecture, staple your sheets together.

BEST of the BEST lecture utensils would be a sketchpad because there are no lines. U need a smooth pen to write with. U also need lots of friends to keep u awake in the lectures. = )

D.Larie

I'm using something like this..except, the spiral is on the side. I prefer turning my pages from the side rather on the top. :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

yeah same, i have the ones with the spiral on the side
i put them in a folder and i have four (one for each day @ tafe)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The spirals get in the way if you're left handed though, hence us wanting top-bound pads.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
The spirals get in the way if you're left handed though, hence us wanting top-bound pads.
Being left handed is your problem. Everyone else shouldn't change the way books are made just for leftys.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
There should be options available to us though, which is why Spirax have realised what a lucrative market they would be tapping into by creating a notepad that left handers could easily use.

mishka

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Being left handed is your problem. Everyone else shouldn't change the way books are made just for leftys.
being left handed isn't as uncommon as you may think so why shouldn't we be accommodated too?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
mishka said:
being left handed is as uncommon as you may think so why shouldn't we be accommodated for?? :rolleyes:
But it is the minority, and part of any minority means that you probably aren't accomodated.

mishka

HSC
N/A
well that stinks. :p

i bought lecture pads, so they aren't as bulky down the left hand side and i can easily tear out the pages and put them into binders under their appropriate subject. :)

btw: i edited my post before because i totally contradicted myself! :eek:

Last edited:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
i'm left handed and i use cheap a4 lecture pad books from food for less/some supermarket because they don't have the spiral, but they don't have staples either so you don't need to lean on the spiral and you can still rip the page out easily.

Riewe

HSC
I guess it's all down to how organised you like to be. Some people (not me) prefer sorted out sections, marked of with cardboard, and each subject not touching the other one. But people like me make use of any paper i can find (notes, books, handouts, etc), and come revision time, try to organise them into subjects.

But i'm lucky that pretty much all the lectures are online (at UTS), and any writing is for equations/ maths and such. But again, it's really how organised you like things to be.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Um, I was planning to use the same system ive been using for years....A4 sized binder folders and paper. Now, with all these mentionings of using random scaps of paper make me feel like a nerd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)