lecture vs book (1 Viewer)

zeropoint

HSC
Hehe, it's obviously some kind of convoluted smiley face directed at us. Wassup LoneShadow? Must get that chemistry book some time. What was it called again? By the way, not too fast with chapters 1--12, some of the exam questions can get _fairly_ tricky. Especially when they combine concepts from several chapters in a single question.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
dark_angel said:
lol, stop talking abt chess already, xiao, what was the first topic you did in chem first yr?
chapter 24 of silberberg chemistry
basically nuclear chemistry, i remmeber it was mainly revision

and boring

Last edited:

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
heheh, tomic reg kicked me in the 2003 interstate schools semifinals. I didnt even come close :( He at Syd now?? Doing what?

Ac

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Yes, thats the bastard. He walks into the room, I am sitting at the board already and he leans forwards - still standing - over me, extends his hand and says "I'm Tomek Rej" in the most intimidating manner he could muster.

Evil.

Ac

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Bob.J said:
chapter 24 of silberberg chemistry
basically nuclear chemistry, i remmeber it was mainly revision

and boring

ah yes respected Bob.J, youve finally answered my question. i can now start chemitstry!!!!! YAY

thanx for the tutes also :p

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
huh?!?!? what are you saying, what do all those numbers and things mean?

dat's angry face [n00b style..:eek:].....cuz u 2 "disturbed" our "lovely" [so gay]..discussion about chess and how we were beaten miserably [is dat how u spell it?].......and it was specially directed at 0.point...:eek:...for calling us "GEEKS"...OMG...so disapointed in u....:D......[I knu u r confused but...just laugh]

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
>:# @ dark_angel & 0.pnt
ditto =p

@darkangel: mechanics then thermo (i think) then waves + chaos...
2nd yr: fluids, electromagnetism then quantum...

imo: in waves+chaos and quantum u are most like to fall aslp... but then again... 2pm lectures, u are most likely to fall aslp in any one... plus u have 8am math lecture to deal with...

edit: sorry i mis read chem as phys... i mean it's half ur fault, talkin phys right after that q.. =(

yeh chem u do alot of revision... i slp every lectures at front row just to piss the lecturer off... but then he's alryte... harrowel... one of the best lecturers ... but like he throw pplz out =(

yeh before i realise it, i am way behin =( i actually cried like a baby when i realise i was like *thaaaaaaaaat* much behind the schedule...

Last edited:

SeDaTeD

HSC
On textbooks, I have borrowed fom my uncle a few textbooks on calculus, physics and chemistry. They're pretty thick but they were published before I was born lol. I was wondering, should I bother getting the newer recommended texts, even though most of the material seems to be covered by the ones I have anyway. I wanna save some cash, so if there's anything specific in a textbook needed, I'll probably photocopy off a friend.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Maths texts are only for reference rather than being actual required books, well in first semester anyway, you just need to buy the lecture notes from Kopy Stop on Broadway. Not sure about Physics and Chem, if they're earlier editions of the required textbooks (ie Silberburg chem and Young/Freedman physics) they might be ok, otherwise you might have to buy new ones. Probably best to ask the lecturer when uni starts.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
chem lecturer are very nice... they print out copies of lecture notes (usually ppt slides) for u to keep.... ^^ nice...
tho it's avaliable to dl too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)