Lee waited for the phone to ring.. (1 Viewer)

king049

HSC
mine was about lee ting fjob interview and in the story it was just showing wat he was thinking during the time and in the end a telemarketer rang. remeber a short story is only supposed to be about an hour-half an hour long...

Aznmichael92

HSC
Dylan!!! said:
my teachers always said tht the one thing u dnt write in your story is waking up from a dream :|
yes that is what I was also informed by my teacher. Never end with saying you woke up from a dream, or the end. There is another one that my teacher mentioned but I forgot.

My story was about Lee waiting for a call to see whether he got a position for some company.
He was also expecting a call fro his dad asking "Lee, when are you getting married?"
There was a buzzing noise but not the phone.
Lee heated up a meat pie in the microwave.
There was a ding ding noise but it came from microwave.
There was then a ring ring noise but he ignored it.
Looked at phone by accident and saw it ringing.
Picked up phone and was accepted for position at soe company.
He celebrated and then the phone rings again.
This time it was his dad.
I ended with the dad saying, "Lee, when are you going to get married?"

Baremy

HSC
Ok heres mine dont alugh now

Lee waited for the phone to ring it was his mum to call that hes dad had been hti by a truck and then my frine dsaid he put a catchy tune in the end. IF IN A DOUBT CALLABOUT! haha

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Ok heres mine dont alugh now

Lee waited for the phone to ring it was his mum to call that hes dad had been hti by a truck and then my frine dsaid he put a catchy tune in the end. IF IN A DOUBT CALLABOUT! haha
nah, no one feel bad..
mine ended with the protagonist somehow turning into wood..T_T

mine, in a nutshell, was:
lee's parents were on holidays in israel
they both got shot in the head by extremists..dunno what kind of extremists, but they were extreme :) yes i generalised a lot in this part
then he was waiting for a phonecall from 'israel hospital' to find out how they were
he got a call from dr kahn saying the bullets were removed and they were fine, then dr kahn hung up
then lee fainted
then he woke up and it was all a dream. hahaha
yes i was pressed for time :(
My story was about Lee waiting for a call to see whether he got a position for some company.
He was also expecting a call fro his dad asking "Lee, when are you getting married?"
There was a buzzing noise but not the phone.
Lee heated up a meat pie in the microwave.
There was a ding ding noise but it came from microwave.
There was then a ring ring noise but he ignored it.
Looked at phone by accident and saw it ringing.
Picked up phone and was accepted for position at soe company.
He celebrated and then the phone rings again.
This time it was his dad.
I ended with the dad saying, "Lee, when are you going to get married?"
its times like this I realise why us selective kids shine so brightly out from the rest of the state.

Last edited:

Cardea

HSC
Mine was more of a character based story going from memory flashbacks to the present. Lee's dad was in hospital, and he was waiting. During that time, lots of metaphors to explain how he felt and the MENACING stare of the clock and phone..

Yeah. A lot of fluff. I hope markers like fluffy stuff. I quite liked my story actually.. it made me smile even while I was writing it, so I hope they like reading it.

ibleedmclaren

HSC
Selective kids think that the sun shines out of their arse, but really no one gives a shit.
We end up going to the same universities with the same qualifications.

And the letter to the editor thing?
This guy I knew crossed out M.C Person and wrote M.C Hammer :D

Jusskah

HSC
ibleedmclaren said:
Selective kids think that the sun shines out of their arse, but really no one gives a shit.

Luke right?

Did I just blow your mind?

+I like how you refer to him as 'this guy I knew'. I'm sure he'll enjoy such affection.

Last edited:

Cramkid

HSC
how else are you going to describe a person that no one else on the forum is really going to know about, the point is what he did not his name. o_O

ANYWAY. I thought that was kind of a predictable story-starter just because it would go somewhere on the lines of... Lee waits for call, doctor calls to say someone dearly loved is in hospital from some horrible near death experience. Lee rushes to hospital to find that they have DIED, or Lee sees them for five minutes before the life support fails and "Lee, I jsut want you to know that..." *shallow gasps of air* .... *dies*.

anyways, trailing off again... I chose Kathy clutching her prize. kind of struck a blank and just made more rediculous as the story progressed, I had limited time and was just trying to write quickly. Oh how I love the freedom of english ^.o

Jusskah

HSC
Well, it's her boyfriend. She could've easily said, my friend/boyfriend but instead she uses the charmingly distant 'this guy I know'.

Laryxle

HSC
lol like everyone at my school did the lee phone one but I did the street one.

Anyway my friend did the Lee one and I reckon it's the best one I heard out of all of them.

It was like Lee was a war veteran who waited for the phone to ring at the same time everyday because during the war when his wife got injured the doctors said they would call him when she was done with an operation but she died so they never called.

Snicho

HSC
Aw how sweet
i remember one of my friends was about the trophy one and it ended with this green ggooey shit that burnt of the girls face.
it was a little out there

tayisrandom

HSC
yea my WHOLE story was about him waiting for the phone call and then he ended up missing it. u never even find out what the phone call was going to be for because i couldnt think of anything.
lol

speedofsound

HSC
tayisrandom said:
yea my WHOLE story was about him waiting for the phone call and then he ended up missing it. u never even find out what the phone call was going to be for because i couldnt think of anything.
lol
bahahaha that made me lol, I don't know why

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
ibleedmclaren said:

no... you end up going to Newcastle with the same qualifications.

There's a difference.

Besides, somehow I don't think getting less than 90 lands you in the narrow category we call 'Same qualifiications'... if you don't get in in the first place, I mean.

That, my friend - is a solid, original idea - and if you wrote it well too, it'll score you top marks.

It's something different. And no one ever said Lee had to answer the phone.

Last edited:

ibleedmclaren

HSC
I'm sure he'll appreciate the affection too :)

And I don't think that a test you do when you're eleven defines the progress you make in the next six years.

troongy

HSC
My story - Waits for phonecall. Flashback. Becomes the next G-dragon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)