Legal Studies predictions/thoughts (1 Viewer)

user282828

HSC
someone pleasee helppp, how many paras do we put for each essay (options and crime)?? and like how long should they be??
my teacher is the most useless thing ever she made us write 6000 words for an assignment i cant trust her anymore
omg.... in term three we had a research task and mine had 20000 words... scary
crime - i do 2 paragraphs but they are somewhat detailed but relevant NO WAFFLE
options - 2/3 but mainly mine are 2 paragraphs but pretty big

miminaps

HSC
omg.... in term three we had a research task and mine had 20000 words... scary
crime - i do 2 paragraphs but they are somewhat detailed but relevant NO WAFFLE
options - 2/3 but mainly mine are 2 paragraphs but pretty big
wth 20000 thats madddd
but thank you so muchhh actually saving my life

breadcrumbs

HSC
What do you guys think the chance is of the stupid paper to ask 2 questions specifically for the options like one on Domestic Violence and one on care and protection? cause now im freaking out cause im only ready for basically general questions like moral + ethical standards etc
i feel like theres usually one general qn and then one specific qn

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I doubt we will - my teacher and a lot of other people assume international crime and sentencing and punishment or something else
2021 HSC
‘The legal system focuses on punishing offenders rather than preventing crime.’
Assess this statement in reference to achieving justice through criminal processes and institutions.

It feel like it might actually be int crime or investigation

breadcrumbs

HSC
guys i legit cant write abt international or transnational crime and imma be sad if the qn is on it 😭 😭 😭

nsw..wollongong

HSC
last years question surrounded young offenders - everything a possibility but its less likely to come up again
No last yrs question was on safety of the community but the comment was made on raising criminal age, the question itself wasn’t even on young offenders it was abt community interests

eduiwqh23

HSC
u know when theyre like lets check if all the pages are there! and they get u to flip through it
Bruh thats the time when you cry for 10 minutes and then you just write whatever if the question you want isnt there

user282828

HSC
i pray they ask charter of rights and something about case study and something about an individual/collective right

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: s9a

idkimstressedlol

HSC
do you reckon in criminal trial process it would be ok if i talk about presumption of innocence and mention how the bail amendments infringe upon this presumption?? or is that not a good idea because then i would be talking about criminal investigation process here is my essay plan

Presumption of innocence:

Is the crux of the criminal trial process, although not protected by legislation comes from article 14 ICCPR bail is inexplicitly linked with criminal trial process due to presumption of innocence

• Important as it ensures a person accused of a crime will be treated as being innocent until proven guilty --> people are protected from unnecessary mistreatment
  • Prosecutor has burden of proof--> pressure on police to gather compelling evidence rather then accused responsibility to prove innocence
  • amendments to the bail act to decide if a person should be held in remand--> infringes on POI--> 2013 unacceptable risk test--> 38 days later Bail amendment Act 2014 (NSW) --> added show cause test --> reversed onus of proof --> infringes upon presumption of innocence
  • Bail Amendment Act 2015 (NSW)--> accused of terrorism always needs to be held in remand
  • Ineffective as presumption of innocence is not upheld

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)