Let's see where my friend is going with his HSC (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
In all seriousness I've actually heard of 2-3 people who ended up with a * going to shit schools and applying a bit of effort into studying.
I don't know anyone who got * and I know a lot of people who did badly.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No, I think you'd be surprised. That's my point.
Actually no. I think there are a few kids in my year on their way to an *.
E.g. One kid is like:
English Standard - 102/102
General Maths - 58?/59?
Senior science - 20/21?
Catholic Studies - Close to last, but it doesn't count.
Software Design & Development - 22/22?
IST or IPT (One of the two) - Last

And I think this kid does try some times. He gets like 1-3/20 for essays in English...

kirakunix

HSC
Hahaha the legendary *

But as most people have said. His life, he's not a kid. He should be mature enough to know what he's doing. Let him be

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I swear there's atleast one of these threads every year about someone's friend not trying and then screwing their HSC.

Point is they need to learn to live through this, or they'll be badly beaten up by a lesson that Life will provide, unless they win the lotto but that's a different story.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my assumption was that he must have some natural intelligence to coast on if he was allowed in Ext maths in the first place.

Most people that get *'s have the double barrel of no effort and no brains.

I'd actually feel bad if he got 66, there's people who I know who actually worked alot through the HSC to get a mid 60s ATAR. He really deserves at >35.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my assumption was that he must have some natural intelligence to coast on if he was allowed in Ext maths in the first place.
This is why I made my first assumption.

Most people that get *'s have the double barrel of no effort and no brains.
I'd actually feel bad if he got 66, there's people who I know who actually worked alot through the HSC to get a mid 60s ATAR. He really deserves at >35.
a lot*
I thought * was <30... Pretty sure someone I know got 34.XX but it might've been 35.XX

mirakon

nigga
HSC
My friend is probably one of the least hard working student in our school.

He was in advanced Eng with me and dropped down to standard. He was also in Ext 1 math but dropped to 2 unit, hoping that he would start studying for other subjects.

Has he done what he had wished to achieve? The answer is no.

He came last in Chemistry and Physics half yearlies. 2unit and standard english ranks aren't so great either. He bludged his Biology half yearlies exam.

He barely studies. Maybe once or twice a month? He always says that he will start studying after his assessments. He has been doing this for the whole year 12.

What worst is that he bludged 23 days of school already. Science teachers also told him that he is looking at around band 2 for his science subjects. He has no will to go to school but wants an ATAR. He is aiming for ATAR of 66.

What do you guys think about my friend? This may sound like a bitching thread, but it's not.

And btw, how many days are you allowed to bludged before failing to complete your HSC?
why do you even care about his atar?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If someone tries and gets a * for an ATAR... that's sad.

To the OP, you have your own HSC to worry about - leave your friend be.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If someone tries and gets a * for an ATAR... that's sad.

To the OP, you have your own HSC to worry about - leave your friend be.

jamesfirst

HSC
He gets like rank 30 for his 2 unit now...

My science teacher told him that he is looking at a band 2 and should aim for a band 4 in physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)