Liar, Liar, Tyres on Fire (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
watatank said:
I think I understand what you mean. But you shouldn't be giving other drivers that much room, even if they were in the wrong.
There were parked cars.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
no, i understand what she means. think of it as a wide, winding road more than a corner. she drove in the middle of her lane to avoid hitting parked cars, and the guy in the van went way to the left of the lane to try and squeeze past her on the left and failed miserably. at least that is now my understanding.
You have a great imagination, has anyone ever told you that? lol
She's right! :)

F2001

HSC
get some witnesses, why won't police bother? Damage is in the thousands and the vehicle rolled over ffs. It's ridiculous how authorities are there but can't be used.

You need witnesses (any shops, or residents there?), take photos of your car, any tyres marks?

Its funny how police care if some dumbass locks herself out her house and broadcast it on TV

I don't know, if nothing works go to ACA or TT to harass and ridicule this guy :rofl:

btw, just curious, what nationality/background is the guy?

What van was it? Commercial vans are basically 10-15k, I can't imagine 15k in damages at all... so bogus (just like the $1000 that hit me)

Last edited:
Reactions: x1

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
F2001 said:
What van was it? Commercial vans are basically 10-15k, I can't imagine 15k in damages at all... so bogus (just like the $1000 that hit me)
...show me a commerical van I can buy for 15k.

bassistx

HSC
F2001 said:
get some witnesses, why won't police bother? Damage is in the thousands and the vehicle rolled over ffs. It's ridiculous how authorities are there but can't be used.
Police say that it's minor - nobody was hurt, nobody was under the influence. I can't get any witnesses - nobody saw anything (they all came out of their homes when they heard the crash... too late) and the cars behind me just turned into the right land and continued to drive ahead like nothing happened.
You need witnesses (any shops, or residents there?), take photos of your car, any tyres marks?
Like I said, residents didn't see anything and there weren't any stores. Main road. I didn't have a phone or anything to take photos at the time, but the cops took photos of the van (we called and asked for these last night, we were told there were no photos so we'll have to get our lawyer to get them). They didn't even sketch a plan or anything, you know? They didn't take pictures of my car (which was at least 20m away) so I can't prove that I was in the left, not right lane. My car was blocking traffic so I had to move it and only after it was moved, did the van driver take photos of it on his phone. His brother is saying that we hit him from the front. We both hit on the side. What makes it worse is that there's damage from an old accident on the front of my car so it looks like his version of the story is true.

Its funny how police care if some dumbass locks herself out her house and broadcast it on TV

I don't know, if nothing works go to ACA or TT to harass and ridicule this guy
lol!!

btw, just curious, what nationality/background is the guy?
He's Lebanese (ie he's going to get away with this).

I was answering questions from police and locals so I didn't get a chance to check the van model/make or anything before it was towed away, but I'm guessing if my car is bung without having rolled over, his car might have to be replaced (certainly cheaper than getting it fixed).

I can't afford this. He'll be lucky to get a dollar a day.

Last night we asked police about what we'd have to do in order to get a technical evaluation, I guess you could say. Some engineers and mechanics basically to check out the damages and conclude how the crash happened/who was at fault/etc. The police said no such service was available (thanks, TV) and it was 'minor' so they will not investigate any further into the matter.
Might have to check out the tyre marks. My parents took photos of the scene of the accident yesterday, but I doubt they'd help much.

F2001

HSC
as soon as you hinted his brother turned up... and they were outright bullcrapping, I knew it would be Arabs. The crazy overtake move is also a sign of classic Arab temporary(disclaimer) mindlessness.

I guess you could try drag in police again if you make fraudulent claims.
As lame as it would sound, I'd seriously consider media.

Probably won't work, but say to them "If you lie, Islam says you go to hell. Do the right thing and have your virgins" loooooooool.

Talk to lawyers and get advice on what to say/do.

You can buy commercial vans from Govt. auctions/trading post for cheap. If you buy one brand new for typical business purposes, you're retarded.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
F2001 said:
You can buy commercial vans from Govt. auctions/trading post for cheap. If you buy one brand new for typical business purposes, you're retarded.
How the fuck is that retarded?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Wtf, call the police and demand they do something. Any accident with damage totalling over $1000 they HAVE to be called.

Also I don't see why you'd not stay in your lane just because cars were parked? When there's parked cars on the left I don't drive on the wrong side of the road.

bassistx

HSC
F2001 said:
as soon as you hinted his brother turned up... and they were outright bullcrapping, I knew it would be Arabs. The crazy overtake move is also a sign of classic Arab temporary(disclaimer) mindlessness.
My parents went over to his place to try and talk things out. He wouldn't come down and his van (which my parents managed to get pictures of) was in a factory/warehouse type place. Apparently, his house was also very extravagant. The rich bastards.
He said he wouldn't talk until his brother came. If his brother turns out to be a lawyer, then I am seriously screwed. The guy said nothing at all. I even asked him several times if he was okay and he said nothing. He kept ignoring us and didn't say a word.

I guess you could try drag in police again if you make fraudulent claims.
As lame as it would sound, I'd seriously consider media.
If I make fr-claims? Or if they do? lol. I think you mean "they".
We still haven't got a lawyer yet so media would be the very last option, I suppose. My mother contacted a lawyer yesterday but she was unavailable so we'll have to wait. And apparently, those guys filed a report without telling us anything. When we tried to file a report with the police they said they didn't care, it was minor, blahblahblah... go to court. In any case, my mother was talking to one of her friends who happened to mention a similar accident and they're winning the case. They had a crappy lawyer at first then this other guy picked it up and now they're winning over. I told her to get me the same lawyer (afterall, they're both from the same firm... if this guy is good, I want him, I don't want that lady).

Probably won't work, but say to them "If you lie, Islam says you go to hell. Do the right thing and have your virgins" loooooooool.
You're right, it did not work. They'll swear on the Qu'ran they're right.

Talk to lawyers and get advice on what to say/do.
Still in queue.

I'm retarded? lol. We don't buy/fix it for him, he does it/picks it out himself and then we pay. They're rich so even if they lose the case, they can afford to splurge - probably take it to Sydney's best mechanic.

codydhu said:
I dont get why he didn't just overtake in the right lane(?)
Because he's an idiot.

scarybunny said:
And this, everybody, is why we have INSURANCE.
My parents think it's a rip-off. And it is if the damages aren't over $2,000. For most, you have to pay the first 2 grand before they pitch in. Plus the premiums. It isn't worth it. It's better to just having savings aside for such things (accidents, surgery, etc). It's a saving in the long-term. Instead of paying the premiums, put them in your piggy bank (get a new bank account for them and don't touch them). When you need the money, it's there.

This also reminds me of something very important. Although the car itself is mine, it is registered under my mother's name. So the "youngest" driver is 47. The problem here is that I am 17!
So even if we had insurance, it would be void in this scenario.
My mother's friend who had the same problem said it's alright though - you just say that it was the first time I was using that car and they're lenient about it.
I hope so.

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

bassistx

HSC
Riet said:
Wtf, call the police and demand they do something. Any accident with damage totalling over $1000 they HAVE to be called.
We called them. We spoke to different officers.
They clearly do not want to be involved.
I don't see how much help they would be without a sketch of where our cars were, etc. The most they can do is say who is at fault which is what they won't do. But without any paperwork our lawyer can pickup to get a lead, we're on our own.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
bassistx said:
We called them. We spoke to different officers.
They clearly do not want to be involved.
I don't see how much help they would be without a sketch of where our cars were, etc. The most they can do is say who is at fault which is what they won't do. But without any paperwork our lawyer can pickup to get a lead, we're on our own.

Your insurance wouldn't be void here btw, when you're on your Ls your mother counts as the driver. Think about it, driving instructors would never be able to get insurance otherwise because of how many people drive their cars, the majority of them being noobs.

bassistx

HSC
Riet said:
Your insurance wouldn't be void here btw, when you're on your Ls your mother counts as the driver. Think about it, driving instructors would never be able to get insurance otherwise because of how many people drive their cars, the majority of them being noobs.
That's what I was thinking.
Then my dad brings it up and says it's void.
I freak.
Then my mother's friend says it's okay if it's your first time using the car.
But I still have to be listed in the rego or some shit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
No, when you're on your Ls you don't count as a driver. Driver means you can drive on your own.

Edit: Infact it doesn't matter what's on the rego. Anyone can drive your car unless your insurance policy specifically limits the number of drivers.

bassistx

HSC
Riet said:
No, when you're on your Ls you don't count as a driver. Driver means you can drive on your own.

Edit: Infact it doesn't matter what's on the rego. Anyone can drive your car unless your insurance policy specifically limits the number of drivers.
We don't have insurance anyway (apart from the compulsory 3rd party greenslip shit). So I don't see how it matters, but we're looking into every possible angle in which those bastards could have something to hold up against us. If that made any sense.

I don't have photos of where my car was. Nobody does.
And I don't have any witnesses.
So there isn't much I can do, we have to take everything into consideration.

calslut

Banned
HSC
You should have third party at least, christ. Your parents are disillusioned, what would they do if they rear ended a new bmw or something? They'd be fucked and up for 20k+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)