• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting timing.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Come on ppl....we all know it was the FRENCH, they are still pissed after loosing the olympic bid.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well ABC think its serious.

Its gone to CNN's coverage

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
WItness: Explosion on London Double decker bus

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Its increasingly looking like terrorism

Police report "multiple explosions" across London, at six tube stations and onboard at least one bus.

Reports say police are confirming at least three explosions on buses in central London.

Multiple explosions rock London

A bus has been ripped apart in an explosion in central London and several blasts rocked the Tube network leaving dozens of people injured.

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Mum is in Perth and she called to tell me about it but i cant watch it on the news because my little sister is here and its too much for her to understand.

It is just...i lived at russel square for 2 years when i was little and caught the tube there every day, and i have so many memories of the station being shut down because of IRA bomb threats anbd having to catch the bus home and i am scared because i have a lot of friends over there and i feel pretty usless here so i am thinking i will be among many people not sleeping tonight

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
You just don't get it, do you Deus?

The French are freakin' experts at this thing. First they stormed the bastille, then the chopped off a whole lot of heads and then a kid called Nap-dog-o-dog-leon came to power and killed some more people. All beause a certain group of snail-sucking, bagette-baking nitwits didn't get their way.

It's the French culture.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I wouldn't go so far to say that it was only muslims, but it doesn't seem quite terroristy: How can you get a power surge on a double-decker bus?

I other news, Sky news just had an expert who said: "There are obvious parallels here with Madrid".

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
3 buses and 6 tube stations...I originally (although somewhat jokingly) thought FRENCH. But the fact most of UK security is pre-occupied with G8, I'd say it's been planned. First thought was IRA, but they generally attack government, police, media etc rather than innocents (thats not to say they didn't do it, but generally..). Muslim extremist was my other thought.

7 separate explosions, plus the underground. At least 90 casualties at aldgate alone. It's terrorists.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Gavrillo said:
I wouldn't go so far to say that it was only muslims, but it doesn't seem quite terroristy: How can you get a power surge on a double-decker bus?

I other news, Sky news just had an expert who said: "There are obvious parallels here with Madrid".
Yeah but i doubt this was basque for some reason...

London have been pretty much on the edge waiting for an attack for a long time....the removed all bins from tube stations because bombs could be hidden in them, and there were constantly message over the pa saying if you saw suspicious people or unattended baggae to tell security and all that sort of stuff

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Courtenay said:
Yeah but i doubt this was basque for some reason...

London have been pretty much on the edge waiting for an attack for a long time....the removed all bins from tube stations because bombs could be hidden in them, and there were constantly message over the pa saying if you saw suspicious people or unattended baggae to tell security and all that sort of stuff
Sydney have done that too.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm really pissed that they're not showing the cricket anymore >__<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)