• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadcone

HSC
Courtenay said:
Yeah way to be an asshole...there is never a good time to say that, let alone while things are being blown up
ditto what courtenay said.. its not a good thing to joke about really.. these are real peoples lives we are talking about here.. my parents are currently in london so its just a little too close to home

mahuligan

HSC
from the footage it looks as if theres absolute chaos..they werent very prepared for this were they?:S

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
White Rabbit said:
I think it was just very well planned. Peak hour, the ammount of people in London due to the olympic annoucment, and the G8 summit ment security forces are pre occupied.
but now those forces are pre occupied elsewhere...
my god! the g8 is next! save the president!

mishka

HSC
N/A
it's really very strange timing... quite scary to think olympic announcement made only yesterday.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

yeah london would have been in high spirits over the olypic thing, lots of celebrating etc,

its nice of the terrorists for supppying some fire works etc to celebrate such an occasion :)

mahuligan

HSC
once again the problems of africa will be sidelined

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
mahuligan said:
from the footage it looks as if theres absolute chaos..they werent very prepared for this were they?:S
Well you cant exactly provide blanket security......Its not practical to put airport style security at bus stops or train stations! What an x-ray machine at every street corner?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah the timing seems to indicate that it was planned to disrupt the G8. Although that is just speculation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Seems to be updating quickly (most others use reporters from there).

Blair is scheduled to make an announcement pretty soon (in about 30 minutes)

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hippies perhaps not, but I wouldn't put it past some extremists at G8. Could be muslims, could be the IRA, could (realistically) be the french

mahuligan

HSC
Deus said:
Well you cant exactly provide blanket security......Its not practical to put airport style security at bus stops or train stations! What an x-ray machine at every street corner?
yeah thats fairly true..still, its amazing how easy it was to distrupt an entire city..especially one as prominent as london

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
tattoodguy said:
welll u and ur country supports john howard who started a bull shit war to murder peasents in the middle east
woah, i knew you were dumb but that really is the icing on the cake.

malkin86

HSC
White Rabbit said:
I think it was just very well planned. Peak hour, the ammount of people in London due to the olympic annoucment, and the G8 summit ment security forces are pre occupied.
Actually, earlier this evening, I was watching the news, and just something in the way the news guy said "all the leaders of important rich countries are together in the one place" gave me this horrible sense of foreboding...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Reading the self reports on BBC people were fairly unconcerned with leaving the station.
I got a Thames link train from Luton and it arrived at Kings Cross at 8:40am. The train was delayed & running slow so fortunately I didn't put my headphones in my ears so I could hear announcements. When I got to the south bound platform of the northern Line it was rammed with people trying to squeeze onto the tube. Then an automated voice came over the loudspeaker system asking for passengers to evacuate the station. I'm now amazed at how dismissive everyone was, myself included. No-one paid any attention to the announcement and we all continued to stand on the platform waiting for the next tube! It wasn't until a London Underground worker came bellowing down the platform - about 3 minutes later - that people started to move, and then they were moving really slowly, huffing and puffing in annoyance. It just proves how we're all so used to being messed around by the London transport system. We turn into zombies on the way to work and our lives are put into danger everyday by overcrowding and hot & uncomfortable conditions. Getting to work is officially a mission of survival!
Tycie West, Luton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/4659237.stm

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
malkin86 said:
Actually, earlier this evening, I was watching the news, and just something in the way the news guy said "all the leaders of important rich countries are together in the one place" gave me this horrible sense of foreboding...
i heard about that, but that was in reference to the G8 stuff

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thats sorta ammusing. Wonder if the same thing would happen if this were to occur at Central or on the Ctiy Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)