Look at me (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunder

HSC
hi, i hope you guys don't mind giving me a prediciton. Here are the info you need:

School: Scots College (top90)

3U maths: 88% (4th/50)
4U maths: 63% (3rd/19)
Economics: 88% (5th/64)
Business Studies: 86% (2nd/80)
Adv English: 74% (top 30/70)
Chemistry: 85% (3/19)

The above are all raw marks for the whole year. The ranks are ball park figures. I don't really expect to improve a whole lot on those marks as my school sets exams close to hsc std.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
did u get those marks with or without tutoring?

...:rofl: sorry bro, couldn't help myself

if you want some support for your case in 'buy and sell', have a look at my results (cf. 'wot r my chances of 100') - everything bar english was done without tutoring

chunder

HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
did u get those marks with or without tutoring?

...:rofl: sorry bro, couldn't help myself

if you want some support for your case in 'buy and sell', have a look at my results (cf. 'wot r my chances of 100') - everything bar english was done without tutoring
you SHS dickheads just don't give up once your on to something do you?

Yes....i got those marks without tutoring

Your marks are amazing but if i went to high and did your school's papers for my subjects i reckon i could've done better. Thou i probably get around the same mark for english

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
oooh, confident...you really think so?

i personally wouldn't count on it :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hehe...its true but, scots is only top 90, sbhs is top 10. they may be better in GPS ...actually hangon, not really. naah, i don't think scots is good at anything really :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

chunder

HSC
we're victims of the injustice posed by the annual SMH so called "order of achievement". It is unfortunate people can't look beyond the so called "rankings" is their determinance of a school's achievement.
A rank of 90 is actually quite good for a school that:

(1) Isn't selective in its acceptance of students
(2) Primary focus isn't academic but rather an all round education

Any school who gets the "cream of the crop" (e.g. SHS) who doesn't get in the top 5 should really have their quality questioned. In other words SHS is underperforming and extremely overrated.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you forget to mention JR, NSGHS, SGHS, NSBHS etc etc, also gets the so-called "cream of the crop"... but personally i don't think it's the fact that SBHS doesn't have the quality, it's just that SBHS is a bit like me; we're torn between our academic commitments (from ppl like yourself who say we *ought to* come in top 5) and our GPS commitments.

in reality, i think we can only do one or the other well.

edit: newais, i would say your marks should get UAI 97+, but you need to bump up your english advanced in the externals.

but chunder, you shouldn't really challenge pigz... he's basically like dUx of SBHS; if there's anyone who's gonna get 100 from my school, it'll be him.

Last edited:

Left-ism

HSC
pigs can fly- u seem like a bit of a jerk.

...dont you just hate it when little d*ckheads hide behind the keyboard and act like sick sh*ts on the internet.
just cos youve done well, doesnt give you the right to own people mate. that attitudes gonna get you no where- results or no results....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Left-ism, it's just that there was some controversy between chunder and some other members of the concept of 'tutoring', and pigs was clearly making a joke... he wasn't flaunting his marks, i am... :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
Left-ism, it's just that there was some controversy between chunder and some other members of the concept of 'tutoring', and pigs was clearly making a joke... he wasn't flaunting his marks, i am... :)
Sorry, i just have to join this conversation. erhm....did you said "he wasn't flaunting his marks"??
Tell me what the thread "any chance of 100" is all about??

Don't worry chunder, If i post my marks up and Pigs saw it, he will most likely to make fun of them and said what he had said to you ;)

Jeo

i think 98 should be achievable, pigs... do you hate that guy, or are you like this towards everyone?

chunder

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

but chunder, you shouldn't really challenge pigz... he's basically like dUx of SBHS; if there's anyone who's gonna get 100 from my school, it'll be him.
i'm not one who respects reputations especially those earnt on a schools level. One shoujld remember the ones who go on to make a name for themselves are rarely those who become "dux" (not that i'm saying i'll turn out to be anything amazing)

I also don't really think a school who has to recruit another school's team to fill their 2nd XV can be regarded as one that takes its committments with the GPS with any great seriousness (although if your principal gets his way this should soon change)

Finally it is interesting to note that most of the controversy i'm involved in always concerns people from SHS.....coincidence????

Last edited:

bong

HSC
haha wow, never thought sumthin lyk dis would happen on d forum ^^

chunder...which team went undefeated and won gps 1st grade tennis dis yr :D, who also won the volleyball...though its not official...and the rifle shooting??

look, we dun haf d same amount of resources that u guys have, so i reckon we've done pretty well, and rugby...well... haha, all skools haf there weaknesses... and we're workin on it... ;)

"selective in its acceptance"... hmmm, i better keep my mouth shut, haha, but dude, open ur eyes..

"all round education" ..... :rolleyes: no comment either, dun wanna hurt any feelings LOL,

hehe, i thought dis was a uai predict thread... not a high vs scots thing..

o yea btw, ranks r pretty good :)

Last edited:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
geez, never knew my comment would be so controversial

firstly, i'll admit i was a bit arrogant there, and i apologise - if you know me personally, you'll know i'm not normally like that.

secondly, i wasn't dissing chunder's ranks at all. if you had read the appropriate thread in "buy and sell" then you would probably be able to see that i was just joking

thirdly, i'm a high boy and i'm proud of it. chunder is a scots boy and obviously he's proud of that. naturally there is going to be some tension there, regardless of whether it is on the sporting field or off it.

fourthly, chunder, if you want to talk about an all-round education, i think that High certainly provides it. maybe you should talk to someone from jr, or nsbhs etc. also, if you're trying to diss us about 'importing', then take it up with a kings' boy - they know all about it!

and lastly, if any of you have a problem with me posting my ranks and marks up, keep it to yourselves. i've worked hard for them, whilst striving for all-round development. i'm not trying to show off, nor am i trying to make others feel bad about themselves. if you still have a problem, then i encourage you to study hard and beat me - i'll have no argument against that. otherwise, i'd greatly appreciate it if you'd all stop making ME feel bad about getting good results.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
have no argument against that. otherwise, i'd greatly appreciate it if you'd all stop making ME feel bad about getting good results.
Don't worry pigs, it's tall poppy syndrome common in this country ;)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
thnx enak. but i don't think its that common...usually only some people...hmmm, maybe i've just been sheltered in a selective school :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)