Look at me (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
how came i can't understand it, even though i speak both Cantonese and Mandarin??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
the pinyin jian dan ai doesn't sound like simple love.....

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
oh oh, i got it now.....*sighs* without the intonation symbols (4 of them, but i don't know what they are called), it's very hard to derive the meaning ;)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
oh oh, i got it now.....*sighs* without the intonation symbols (4 of them, but i don't know what they are called), it's very hard to derive the meaning ;)
yeah sorriz bout that

Originally posted by bong
pigs, dats from jay yah?
not a direct lyric quote, but yeah, jian dan ai is one of jay's best songs :p

bong

HSC
nahh, haha, started to get on mah nerves... "an jing" way better

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, an jing is a way cool breakup song. im starting to like his new album heaps now: 'qing tian, ni ting de dao, ai qing xuan yan' are all so good! :p

bong

HSC
bahh, shuang dao, nuo fu, and yi fu zhi ming!!

haha, talk bout off topic man

chunder

HSC
don't turn my thread into one discussing the finer points of chinese literature.

Bong...why did you have to join in...

OK...so SHS won a few premierships in a few minor sports. Congrats...but sport at a schools level isn't about winning but rather participation and i'm afraid SHS misses the cut with their rugby debacle. No one cares if you get beaten by 100 points as long as you give it a go.

You questioning the enrolment nature of scots...please give me more evidence because i'm totally unaware of any entrance exams other than those whose results are used to place students in the appropriate streams. (NB if you're suggesting that money and reputation as criterias for selection then you're criticising the wrong school...they accepted me and my parents are neither famous or rich)

You claim Scots doesn't offer an all round education...please expand...i want to know just how much you know about scots...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha chill ppl...

obviously anyone will take pride in their own school over others... i think high is the best school, you think scots is. i dont really care about all the intricacies at scots and you probably could care less bout why i think high is good.

is there any point in deconstructing every comment and comparing values and attitudes?

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
omg... i cannot believe i missed out on a chance to bag out pigs... n omg... i cannot believe i missed out on a chance to bag out scots... hold on... i can still do it...
1. chunders... tennis is not a minor premiership... rifle shooting is not a minor premiership... volleyball is nor a minor premiership... plus... we only missed out on soccer by wot... one game?...
2. smh rankings dont lie... ask laz... we whoop ur ass to kingdom kong... but dont worri... ur onli bt 100 places off...
3. pigs' a nice guy... he earnt his ranks... n if u did do our school's trial exams... u will not get better marks den ur getting now... eg our school's 3u maths trials was harder den CSSA or JR dis yr...
4. considering how much ur paying for ur education... u should b doing better...
sign off...

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Well chunder, before I start, this is not directed at you or Scots in anyway, I'm just defending the guys who do play rugby at our school,

Originally posted by chunder

but sport at a schools level isn't about winning but rather participation and i'm afraid SHS misses the cut with their rugby debacle. No one cares if you get beaten by 100 points as long as you give it a go.
Yeah I totally agree Winning isn't everything, but we do give rugby a go, and the reason why there aren't more boys participating is not that we hate being flogged by 100-0, its because of injuries. Every week, the guys know they're always gonna be facing a far bigger side.

And we may not have a 2nd XV, but at least that means our 1st XV has more depth, and this year we performed pretty well,
Lost to Scots 17-10, Led Newington only to lose 22-17.
So i don't think Rugby at High is a debacle.... And the guys who do play give it 100%....

Last edited:

chunder

HSC
i totally agree with you guys.....this discussion is totally pointless and stupid. So let me talk about the other stuff that you brought up by your responses...

(1)To rukawasan: CSSA is so overrated...it is true that in past years it has set the benchmark in terms of difficulty but this year it has dropped off significantly especially in 4u maths. In addition apart from setting relatively good maths papers it doesn't do anything else good. In my opinion the Kings School this year perhaps have set the best maths papers with Grammar not far behind.

(2) To scut:Being small doesn't result in injuries in rugby....look at the Japanese international team....they play the tongans and get home in one piece

(3) Finally....money doesn't always get you what you want...it unfortunately is another misconception within a society...very sad indeed.

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by chunder
(2) To scut:Being small doesn't result in injuries in rugby....look at the Japanese international team....they play the tongans and get home in one piece
(
How can you compare the Japanese Intl Team to a schoolboy side. The Japanese are a full time professional team, a schoolboy side is a part time amateur team.
And when I mean injuries, I'm not talking about your pulled hamstring or whatever, t's more like getting hurt because you're taking on a much bigger side

bong

HSC
"I also don't really think a school who has to recruit another school's team to fill their 2nd XV can be regarded as one that takes its committments with the GPS with any great seriousness.."

thats why i had to join in, if we didnt take gps seriously, we wouldn't waste our time with it, we'd concentrate with simply kicking ass in hsc, but as such, high values its gps commitments and sees it as an integral part of an "all round education"

and as for "minor premiership", if tennis is a minor premiership, scots wouldnt have gone out of their way to get a new player to back up clay larcombe :D, and iggys wouldnt have tried to do a back door deal with another school in an attempt to win after brodie stewart got injured :D,

i never claimed that scots didun offer an all round education, rather, i was simply rolling my eyes :p, so if top 90 is quite good for a school whose primary focus is not academic, but an all round education, how's top 10 for a school that attempts to provide an all round education and do damn well academically?

Last edited:

highlilshit

How is it that you have the Kings School and Grammar papers if you do not do tutoring? just a curious thought.
If we talk about recruiting a 2nd IV for rugby, lets look at scots recruiting the australian school boys back line in 92/93 for their centenary?
the only thing scots has ever beaten High at is rugby, other than that, you guys are the wooden spooners of the GPS.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hmmm....Is SHS you are discussing about same as SBHS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)