Looking to buy a Laptop; Should I get a Mac OS or stick with a Windows OS? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
If that "Fag" was directed at me, thank you sir. I enjoy being called uninventive names. :D

Last edited:
HSC
5233andy said:
If anyone's interested in getting a taste in the ease or 'difficulty' (depends on your interpretations, after all, they are relative to one another) in using a Mac, download Safari internet browser. Yes, it's available for Windows PCs as well as Macs.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/
safari for windows is seriously worse then IE 6

G

Gavvvvvin

AusBluesMan said:
Curious. What Mac programs have you actually used?
Err none that couldnt be used on a Windows system? And those that are exclusively Mac are utter shit.

dolbinau

HSC
Err none that couldnt be used on a Windows system? And those that are exclusively Mac are utter shit.
Final Cut Pro?

safari for windows is seriously worse then IE 6
I personally haven't used it on windows. What's worse about it?

HSC
dolbinau said:
Final Cut Pro?

I personally haven't used it on windows. What's worse about it?
it just does not work the rendering looks smudgy and from my experience it does not run well at all

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
no they are not, garage band, iphoto, iDVD, all those programs are dead easy to use if you hate it you hate doing stuff the easy way.

if you have never used them how can you come to a decent judgement

G

Gavvvvvin

Umm I have the pleasure of working with these pieces of junk everyday so I know what I'm talking about. If you actually use the likes of Garageband and iDVD and think they are good pieces of software good you are obviously not an experienced user. They only people who use that crap are Mum and Dad burning DVDs of the weekend barbeque. Its like the MS Paint of graphic design.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Gavvvvvin said:
Umm I have the pleasure of working with these pieces of junk everyday so I know what I'm talking about. If you actually use the likes of Garageband and iDVD and think they are good pieces of software good you are obviously not an experienced user. They only people who use that crap are Mum and Dad burning DVDs of the weekend barbeque. Its like the MS Paint of graphic design.
Audacity is a cross-platform program and has been proven to be as good on Mac as it is on windows. Cubase, another Audio editing program is cross-platform and is one of the most powerfull music editing programs in the world... And works as well as it does on Mac as windows. Finale scorewriting program - one of the best, and on Mac. Sibeilius - Scorewriter program on par with Finale.
Logic Studio and Logic Pro - VERY good audio editing programs, exclusive to Mac.
Reason - Audio editing and electronic music production program, cross - platform and is one of the most successful programs of its kind.

Final Cut Pro - A video editing suite generally known and considered as an industry standard for video production. Produced exclusively for Mac. In responce to the earlier comment, Final Cut Pro will only work on a more graphics capable machine, otherwise yes, it will appear smudgy, etc. as will happen with any underperforming computer.

Pro Tools - One of THE BEST audio editing, recording and multi-tracking ensuites, it is also considered an industry standard, and is produced, exclusive to Mac.

Sure, alot of these programs are Audio Engineering programs, but that's only because that is what I use and am studying to become. I could give you the Windows equivalent programs if you really need that validation, but I don't think that is neccesary. Mac programs ARE NOT all complete and utter crap, infact there are industry standards that some producers use and would not trust any other program. Cross - platform capability is no problem any more, at all. Mac OSX generally cannot play games, but if you own a Windows machine, and the windows disk that comes with it, use one of your three licence key tries on your Mac and install windows on it through BootCamp. Presto! Instant gaming! Gavvvvvvin, don't be so close-minded. Just because you personally can't find a program that suits you and your purpose, don't close off Mac completely and just tell everyone you come across "Mac is shit. No matter what you want to do, it is shit and will only do shit". Mac may indeed be just what they need. Oh... Just so you know, I use both Mac and Windows and love them both.

Irony: Windows Vista and XP both run faster on the MacBook Pro than they do on an x86 Machine purpouse built for Windows. Go figure.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Irony: Windows Vista and XP both run faster on the MacBook Pro than they do on an x86 Machine purpouse built for Windows. Go figure.
Vista and XP are designed to run on a range of hardware solutions, OSX is tightly controlled.

You work with garageband and iDVD? Pro user fo sho. Seriously you're as bad as those Mac fanboys.

G

Gavvvvvin

AsyLum said:
You work with garageband and iDVD? Pro user fo sho. Seriously you're as bad as those Mac fanboys.
No...I was referring to a Mac :confused:

G

Gavvvvvin

AusBluesMan said:
Pro Tools -and is produced, exclusive to Mac.
Congratulations. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:
yeah that pretty much sums up how i feel about you too
You've cast aspersions about an entire development community and ecosystem with AMAZING applications based on the apps that came with the computer.

That's as retarded as me saying "Oh, Windows Movie Maker is a piece of shit that means all windows apps are fucking retarded".

Get the point now short-round?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Congratulations. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Lol. One mistake and I don't know what I'm talking about? Look at the other products. Gavin, present some worthy arguments instead of saying the same thing time and time again and making personal attacks. If I didn't know what I was talking about, as these are the programs I own, and use for my studies, not much point in studying to be an Audio Engineer, is there?

Last edited:
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
yes i have used them

and yes i am an experienced user

HSC
AsyLum said:
Vista and XP are designed to run on a range of hardware solutions, OSX is tightly controlled.

you can run OSX on a PC though if you know how to install it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)