Looking to do SDD or IPT for my HSC, but I'm not sure about scaling (1 Viewer)

HSC
I want to do SDD or IPT for my HSC because I enjoy both, but I have been told the scaling is very bad, and in some cases you can get scaled down. I'm all for studying subjects that you enjoy and find interesting because you'll be doing it for 2 years, but getting a high ATAR is more important to me (99+) so I don't want to do one of the subjects and it have a negative affect on my overall mark.

dav53521

HSC
I want to do SDD or IPT for my HSC because I enjoy both, but I have been told the scaling is very bad, and in some cases you can get scaled down. I'm all for studying subjects that you enjoy and find interesting because you'll be doing it for 2 years, but getting a high ATAR is more important to me (99+) so I don't want to do one of the subjects and it have a negative affect on my overall mark.
It is possible to get a 99+ you just need to do well in them just like every other subject

dav53521

HSC
first thing to consider: your cohort will have new syllabi for both of these subjects so the info below is subject to change

scalingwise: sdd has good/decent scaling, ipt doesn't
sdd currently is more algorithms/logical to my knowledge while ipt is like really rote
um idk what else to say
I personally wouldn't say that IPT is really rote it's more know what you have been taught and apply them to scenarios or just know how to talk about them but that could all change as I'm pretty sure the new course (Enterprise Computing) is gonna change be quite different from IPT as from my basic passover it's actually somewhat relevant if it's executed correctly

Vall

HSC
the whole point of scaling is to make it so no matter what subjects you do you can get any ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)