Looking your age. (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
I got asked for ID to get into a MA15+ movie, about a month after my 18th.

I almost cried.
Happened to me after my 19th. Beat that! I was just laughing it off...

Meanwhile I've had a couple of guys ask me if I am 21, 22 and stuff ...one asked if I was a model because I'm tall (wtf?)..... he was one of those stall guys for like world vision or whatever... omg and he was hot and he had like a european accent. I think he was trying to hit on me. I've talked to him twice :)... and I might see him around again.....

Oh and yesterday I was complaining about the mathemagic guy to the sales chick at a shoe store, and she was like, "you're 21, 22, aren't you?". I was like, "nah I'm 19." So yeah, maybe the guy was just trying to sell the stuff to me.... but making me angry is not the way to do it!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
when i was 9, i went to my optometrist for the first time and she thought i was around 14 and she was shocked when i told her.

And those sales ppl are always saying i look 22 or something (but now i think they lie cuz it happens so often and i don't reckon i look 22 ... im 20). so i guess i look like one of those midget old looking people or something.

xoxo

HSC
well wen i was 15 i had this 25 yr old ask me out...n then apologise wen i said i was 15..
n now im 16 [17 in a few months] and i get told that i dont look my age but like 1st yr uni...i dont c it tho...

TheVoodooChild

HSC
I don't know how, but I've always been able to look the age I want to be taken for. I was able to get into 18+ bars when I was 14, with the right hair, makeup and clothing. But that was only for special occassions.

TheVoodooChild

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Generally I look younger than I actually am.... I'm 18 in September but think I look about 15ish. In fact in photographs, people actually think my 13 year old sister is the older one.

However, when my dad took me out recently to buy spray paint (18+ law), someone got it completely the other way around. The shop worker stood at the cabinet while I was going through picking heaps of colours. He looked a little puzzled at why I was getting so much, and asked what it was for. I replied "Oh, it's for my HSC major work for art" and he looked a little stunned and says "Wha? HSC?". He then looked at my dad, then me, then back at my dad again, and said in a slightly bewildered/embarrased tone - "Sorry sir! I thought she was your wife!"

:rofl:

Who knows!
Argh. You just reminded me. I was out with my dad looking at this house he wanted to buy and he mentioned to the building surveyor that his wife works in ordiology and the guy looked at ME and said "Really? What company?" I just cracked up laughing and it took dad a while to get what had happened. This was when I was 16.

Hilarious.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
On a somewhat related note, I just found www.realage.com, where it factors in your genes, diet, levels of exercise, etc. to calculate how old you "really" are.

aramik

HSC
when I shave I look like 15... but when I don't I pass my age XD

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skeeta said:
I got asked for ID to get into a MA15+ movie, about a month after my 18th.

I almost cried.
I've been there, cept I think even more recently than that I've been asked. :(

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i hate people thinging i'm younger then i am. I'm 20 in a couple of months and i still always get asked for ID for everything.

I remember going on schoolies and i was 18 and out of the group of girls i was with (all of who were underage) i was the only one that was asked for ID.

I'm sure when i'm 30 i'll find it flattering - but at the moment its just frustrating

Lai

c a r p e . d i e m
HSC
I’ve always been mistaken older than my age :mad1: When I was 13 those credit-card people were already trying to scam me into getting one of their cards. And the biggest pain is when I’m catching the bus, even with a concession card I get accused of “stealing” the card. Right now the biggest dilemma is that no one believe I’m sixteen and attended high school, and it makes me feel so self-conscious when I’m in my uniform :cold:

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
vogue said:
imagine being handed a voting form wen ur 14 yrs old, i was just waitng for my mum
LOL!

i generally just get mistaken for being older than my big sister...
it was really only when i was at work people thought i was 18-20 when i was like 16. But i don't think i look older really.

Tasman

HSC
N/A
Hi to all. Hardly tryied to google a forum like that, hope I'm in the right one :) Well I'm actually 28 but look early 20s. Taking really good care of myself I look around 21. I'm normally very energetic and positive but this year it started to change me. Because I realized for sure it affects my looks and communication with others. From friends, girls, relationships, communications to even my job interviews. I tend to express like my age but I can clearly see others confused like my manners is 28 but they see a 20yo. I'm no pessimist, on the contrary very analytical and objective but looking so much younger, instead of just a bit, is my no1 problem. And what turns me down is I can't find the way to bypass/change it. The only good thing is very rarely they ask me for ID :) Btw if someone knows any similar forum please let me know, cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)