Losing motivation help plz!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

JuliusSeizure

HSC
Hey guys, so I didn't really do enough study over the holidays that I should have and I have trials upcoming next week cause i was super tired and crashed!! So i have totally lost motivation to study. Do you guys have any useful tips from past or present students on how to motivate to do more study? If I do stuff up trials will it significantly drop my rankings? (maths is worth 40% and the rest are worth 30%, english is 25% internally for the trials). Cheers guys! caffeine:

my ranks so far include

English Adv - 42/107
General Maths - 39/48
PDHPE - 14/33
Business Studies - 9/31
Geography - 5/28

school rank 112 but year before mid 80s

Last edited:

Chris_S

HSC
Listen to Eric Thomas and you will be set for life! I listen to him and he makes me feel guilty and work lol

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Start studying now and you will succeed.
Put it off a second more and you are only betraying yourself.

Every moment waited is a moment wasted and every moment wasted pushes you further away from your goal.

turntaker

HSC

Every moment waited is a moment wasted and every moment wasted pushes you further away from your goal.
what if u dont want to study cause you hate a subject

Ekman

HSC
You just have to keep on putting one foot in front of the other, and before you know it, you would of walked a marathon.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
You stop being a child, realize it's something that you are going to just have to do and do it.

Weather you like the subject or not won't change your results at the end of the day.

JuliusSeizure

HSC

so, if i still do poorly in trials, will it impact my rankings significantly. the majority of my year group are in the same position as me though

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
so, if i still do poorly in trials, will it impact my rankings significantly. the majority of my year group are in the same position as me though
This largely depends on a lot of factors such as the performance of your cohort.

Never give up, but if i were you study your ass off to lose as little ground as possible.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
- Have a strict timetable.
- Start managing your time correctly.
- Get some source of motivation, maybe you have a course you are really interested use that to "amp" yourself up.
- Try to get some help from the people around you.
- HIT UP PAST PAPERS!

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
After trials, I recommend spending one day just sleeping early, having a cup of tea and reading a book, a nice shower/bath, rather than spending it with friends or outside :)

By taking one day to just purely relax, it might allow you to "reset" in a way, then re-organise time tables and study.

Otherwise, from here on, realise that this is the last sprint for the internals and if you want to achieve personal goals, you need to study your ass off.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Study

Trials can have quite the effect on your rankings, however make sure you do not bear too much anxiety over trials since you can still improve in HSC exams if you do not do too well

Regardless trials are a great opportunity to set you up to do good in the HSC exams - do not forsake this opportunity

Also if you do not study in trials you will probably not study that great for the HSC exams so you will pretty much near fail

Basically, Just Do It

austinbaric

HSC
Kelly Slater has won 11 world titles is the greatest surfer of all time, there were times were he wasn't motivated and still picked himself up and trained. Michael Jordan didn't make his high school basketball team and still somehow found the motivation to train hard and become one of the greatest ever basketball players. These 2 people are champions because they somehow foundd the motivation to continue when so many others gave up, you can take the easy way out and give up, or you study the way a champion does!

Occupied

HSC
N/A
-chunk
-timetable
-set rewards/ punishments

or alternatively,
-think of that arsehole of an english teacher you need to prove wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)