HSC
Re: Are YOU trying to lose weight?

1kg a week's still pretty flippin fast!

SEAKING

HSC
N/A
i need to lose weight FAST

Code:
info: im 17 years old, MALE and im around 177½ cm tall AND weigh around 95kg.
i want to be thin or thinner before i go to uni, and i want to lose weight asap provided that it doesn't affect my growth.. (<-- can anyone confirm dieting is bad for growth?)

my daily school diet is pretty much:
  • fried sandwich with only ham in it
  • milk tea (sort of like really cold coffee-ish tea) <-- just became part of my everyday diet because of my late night sleeping habits
i tend to not buy any junk food and i rarely eat it, maybe like once a month or maybe even 3-4 months.. BUT my mum does feed me a lot of crap and buy bad food which makes it harder for me to diet.

lately i've gotten lazy and im going to & from school by bus. should i start walking again?

oh & the places where a lot of fat is stored are:
  • chest (whatever i do, it doesnt seem like it ever reduces in size but actually INCREASES)
  • stomach
  • thighs
:bomb::bomb:

CieL

HSC
Re: i need to lose weight FAST

Did you say a fried sandwich?

Like a french toast perhaps?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Don't worry about stunting your growth. Your really tall enough. Pick up a sport and take that seriously. That will show you the best imporvment. Jogging and excersing by yourself can get pretty boring and hard to do, thats why sports are so good.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

go down to the store and buy some lettuce, tomatoes, some cheese etc, that should last you a few days atleast and make lunch with that, infact whenever you feel like snacking eat a salad sandwich. Eat smaller portions for dinner, its not a bad thing to be leaving food on your plate.

No more bus, run instead. Jog atleast an hour a day, or go for a bike ride. That type of exercise is usually pretty good for losing weight.

Theres no reason why you shouldnt be a healthy weight by the time uni starts.

kony

HSC

drink water before meals. this is the hardcore method.

alternatively, eat an apple before meals. it achieves the same effect, but at least you're still getting some nutrition.

happinin

HSC

we all need to lose weight dammit !

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC

serioulsy if you loose weight you should only loose ~20kg. im about 180cm and low - mid 70's is a healthy weight range. avoid fried food, eat breaky (ceral - Healthy stuff) have a smaller lunch but eat fruit when you can during the day and make sure you do the whole 5+3 thng with veges and fruit. REMEMBER quick weight lose can be really dangerous. DONT starve yourself (bsides you get fat before you get thin doing that) and DONT smoke - its stupid and you'll gain weight trying to quit!!

CieL

HSC

nichhhole said:
hmm.

maybe you should try the 'apple a day diet' thats popular at our school..

[the formal is looming over us.. <4 weeks.]

or you could try a combined diet of laxatives and appetite suppresents...
I hope you're not being serious..

You'll look like shit when your formal comes.

You need all colours in your diet for healthy skin, bones, hair, nails, etc..

And by diet, I mean actually eating, digesting and letting all the good stuff go into your body.. not just ingesting it then forcing yourself to shit it all back out instantly..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

SEAKING said:
Code:
info: im 17 years old, MALE and im around 177½ cm tall AND weigh around 95kg.
i want to be thin or thinner before i go to uni, and i want to lose weight asap provided that it doesn't affect my growth.. (<-- can anyone confirm dieting is bad for growth?)

my daily school diet is pretty much:
  • fried sandwich with only ham in it
  • milk tea (sort of like really cold coffee-ish tea) <-- just became part of my everyday diet because of my late night sleeping habits
i tend to not buy any junk food and i rarely eat it, maybe like once a month or maybe even 3-4 months.. BUT my mum does feed me a lot of crap and buy bad food which makes it harder for me to diet.

lately i've gotten lazy and im going to & from school by bus. should i start walking again?

oh & the places where a lot of fat is stored are:
  • chest (whatever i do, it doesnt seem like it ever reduces in size but actually INCREASES)
  • stomach
  • thighs
:bomb::bomb:
Why do you want to be thin?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

s-AINT said:
Why do you want to be thin?
Same as everyone else. So he can feel good about how he looks

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

Ok SEAKING.

Odette1990

HSC

Honestly I'd say that you should not lose weight fast, take your time as it takes time for your body to adjust to a new eating/exercise program.

The best thing would be to eat healthy and exercise, by exercise i think the best thing would be to either join a sports team or get a gym membership. As for the eating healthy part try to make sure you eat a big breakfast [breakfast is the most important meal of the day] then a slightly smaller meal for lunch and a small meal for dinner..
For example:
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Sandwich- preferably one with vegetables i.e salad sandwich
Dinner- Piece of meat/fish and salad
Exercise- Between 45mins-1hr[per day] or joining a sports team it depends

Hope that helps

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

make sure you dont eat a heavy meal just before you go to sleep
if you must, wait an hour before you do

vron7987

HSC

If only dieting had short cuts...but its pretty much just balanced diet and exercise. If you attempt to lose weight through fads you are unlikely to want to continue the rest of your life with them thus have a greater chance of putting the weight back on as soon as you stop. If you rely on methods of starvation, your body goes into survival mode and actually retains as much fat as it can. Therefore as soon as you start eating again you are going to put on almost double the weight that you put on before. Laxatives of course are a totally stupid idea - ur losing water weight not fat mass and if used for a prolonged period can cause permanent constipation, nonetheless just make sure that your metabolism is functioning well ie ur getting enough fibre.

I think the trick is to make sure you mix it up and keep it interesting. Do some research into healthy meals and find stuff that you like. Perhaps you can put in your own shopping list to whoever buys the groceries? And with exercise try and get a friend to exercise with you - it works really well if they are slightly more fit than you because it pushes you to work that little bit harder. also having someone else there often forces you to exercise.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

ok... i think the solution is liposuction..

ill do it.. with a dyson vac.. and 2 x 20lb. bags.. i know a mate that can drug u up..
another mate can do surgery.. for all the loose skin..

$1000.. ask about our easy pay system

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

The most important thing you should do first, is to consume foods with herbs in order to clean out your villi - I'll recommend natural Aloe vera. The villi are finger like structures that protrude from the wall of intestine, which absorb the nutrients in our food. Although, due to our lifestyle, such as the consumption of processed foods, things such as toxins and bacteria would damage your villi. Hence, the food you consume will just most likely just pass through the intestine, not be absorbed, and hence not be used or even stored as fat. So, basically herbs will help detox your villi and body of all these wastes.

Then take the simple steps of eating more healthy(getting total balanced nutrient) in conjunction with exercise. Of course, it's more then that, but you have to find out what works for you. Losing weight(i'm talking about fat), more so for a guy, is easy. It's just most people don't have the self-discipline and will to adapt to a new lifestyle.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

sounds like junk science to me. Herbs and shit to clean your villi? well that sounds exactly like colon cleanser which was a joke product. Have any studies to prove what you said?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A

eat FRESH food, run/walk/play a sport every day even if it's for a lil bit, and drink water.. lots of water!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)