• I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Re: to lose the weighttt

Orange Juice said:
I keep telling myself to go for runs, but hot damn, its hot. Maybe i should tommorow. I got to get off my ass, because i havent been too active lately.
go early in the morning or at dusk
that way you have less sun and if you do it in the morning its an awesome way to start. except you have to be good at being an early riser and have to be committed

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

melimoo said:
go early in the morning or at dusk
that way you have less sun and if you do it in the morning its an awesome way to start. except you have to be good at being an early riser and have to be committed
Im not much of a morning person unless ive had a big one, the night before. I bet i cant run even a block without having to stop. Im just so damn unfit!

alby

cool duckie
HSC

i have enough trouble running up my street, but i can walk for ages. start with walks (a few kms..build it up), the start doing little sprints. my mum's done this and she's heaps fit now (hasnt taken long at all)

selurkcin

HSC
N/A
Question:
For those of you who have lost alot of weight (say 10kgs - 15 kgs or more) has the skin stretched and stayed droopy or has it just gone back? It's hard to explain what i mean. I guess the easiest way to explain it would to say if someone you didnt know (who didnt know you had ever been larger) was shown your bare stomach could they tell you had lost weight by the skin??

I know pwople who lose a shitload (like 50kgs) need to have operations and stuff to get rid of excess skin. so yeah any answers?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Tulipa said:
Okay. Don't buy into the carbs = the devil thing that pretty much every diet pushes these days. You do need carbs but if you're wanting to lose weight, avoid them before exercising and try not to have too many refined carbs.
QFT.

Avoiding carbs isn't easy because carbs keep you full and satisfied. Eating wholemeal, whole grain and other fibre-rich carbs is a healthier and easier way to lose weight.

I like really grainy breads but for toasting, thick-slice white bread with crunchy crusts ftw.

Legham

HSC
selurkcin said:
Question:
For those of you who have lost alot of weight (say 10kgs - 15 kgs or more) has the skin stretched and stayed droopy or has it just gone back? It's hard to explain what i mean. I guess the easiest way to explain it would to say if someone you didnt know (who didnt know you had ever been larger) was shown your bare stomach could they tell you had lost weight by the skin??

I know pwople who lose a shitload (like 50kgs) need to have operations and stuff to get rid of excess skin. so yeah any answers?
I've lost about 14 or 15 kg in the last about 7 months, and my skin is completely normal. Not a sign of droppiness or stretched skin.. Though, it was over a fairly long period of time.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
selurkcin said:
Question:

I think it depends on how fat you are to begin with and how much you eventually lose. I've seen so many episodes of plastic surgery shows where people who have lost tons (like 100 lbs+) need to get rid of all their excess skin, but only losing 10-15 kgs wouldn't.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
selurkcin said:
For those of you who have lost alot of weight (say 10kgs - 15 kgs or more) has the skin stretched and stayed droopy or has it just gone back?
if you're fairly young then your skin should still have enough elasticity in it that it doesnt appear overly stretched. it also depends on, as the others have said, how much weight was lost, over what period of time, and also what sort of excersise was done (eg. did they tone/gain a lot of muscle or not..that can help to make the skin's 'droopiness' less obvious/excessive)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Re: Are YOU trying to lose weight?

I was trained at Brent Street but it wasn't until I was actually employed as a dancer that the big time training kicked in.
But nearly everyone worked out every day when I was at Brent Street, to varying degrees.

lengy

HSC

Will any of youse be watching The Biggest Loser? Just curious.

PrettyVacant

HSC

lengy said:
Will any of youse be watching The Biggest Loser? Just curious.
Hell yes, I love watching those shows.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A

I don't know if I'm losing weight or not (in terms of numbers) because I don't own a proper scale and if I did, I'd be weighing myself every second. Instead, I base it on how my clothes fit and if my friends tell me that I'm losing weight (apparently I am), but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm losing weight. I could just be losing fat and gaining muscle. I feel good now, because I've been consistently exercising for one and a half years and eating better (permanently), and I have amazing self control (haha sounds like I'm bragging).

Skeeta

HSC

i agree, we've never had scales in our house - they've always been downstairs in our garage. But my dad bought another set, and he kept them in the bathroom, untill i told him i couldnt handle it.

I put them in the laundry because i started weighing myself about 30 times a day :eek:

lengy

HSC

You girls are scary.

kaylee_89

HSC

bahahahha.. yes that bould be me as well, i am admitingly over weight.., and its really hjard, when your whole family is obese. im trying to cut down what i eat and like the whole gym thing of which i am joining next week, as a matter of fact. but question: does anyone know how long like.. each week, i should go?? cos im thinking twice a week is good.

k.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

fuck i want summer to go away. i've been trying to exercise and keep getting owned by the sun... haha i went for a light jog yesterday, half an hour...forgot the sunblock didnt i. *red*.

...maybe i should join the gym. :eek:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

kaylee_89 said:
bahahahha.. yes that bould be me as well, i am admitingly over weight.., and its really hjard, when your whole family is obese. im trying to cut down what i eat and like the whole gym thing of which i am joining next week, as a matter of fact. but question: does anyone know how long like.. each week, i should go?? cos im thinking twice a week is good.

k.
It's probably good to exercise at least 5 or 6 out of the 7 days if you are attempting massive weight loss. This does not mean you have to attend the gym 5 or 6 days out of the week, but you should do some form of exercise for those days. In saying that, you do not have to go hard-core. Make sure you alternate your exercise regime. Say Monday you go to the gym and you spend an hour or so on the treadmill, riding the bike and doing the rowing thingy-majig. Then Tuesday step into an aerobics class, even Pilates, or do weights and sit-ups. Then Wednesday go back to the treadmilling, bike, etc etc.

You need rest days. Don't over-do it. 1-2 hours each session is plenty. Hey, even a 45 minute walk is great for you!

yinyin

HSC
N/A

trin but dont have the determination~
and plus parents dont allow~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)