• I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

kfnmpah

HSC
Also fuck cardio, do weights
Word. For fat loss, it's much better to do cardio and limit carbohydrate intake than to do hours on the treadmill.
Of course, don't cut out cardio, it's good for your heart, but don't use it for fat loss, use it for heart health. Use diet and weights for fat loss.
If you're insistant on doing cardio, do interval training. Hard out for 30 seconds (like full on about to die) then 3 minutes "rest level"

boris

Banned
HSC
oh ok <150grams carbs is fucking easy a homemade pizza is only like 80 lol burger like 40 swweet

and yeah cardio is just about endurance and breathing and heart etc
weights strength

combine the 2 and i am captain planet

spaceflower

HSC
losing 10kg
does fucking epic wonders for a girl's body.
Ummm.... I'm a girl and weigh 44kgs and am 162cm if I lost 10kgs I'd have a BMI of 12.9 and would be pretty much dead. Why do girls have to be soo conscious of their bodies?

oisac

HSC
I would like to lose 5kg, mostly because I feel out of control - I am currently eating ice cream, which I haven't had in 8 months - and partly because I am actually getting fat. That would bring me to 50kg whih seems good. I currently eat a semi paleolithic diet - mostly meat, fish, eggs, heaps of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and occasionally yoghurt, oats, brown rice, pasta and awful processed peanut butter with hydrogenated oils. I think I'm going to go full paleo and cut out all grains and all diary. In terms of exercise I go to the gym twice a week (which is really not enough) and do 45mins-1hr - usually 20mins running, 20mins walking (intervals), 10mins cross trainer and 10mins rowing machine. So, I think I'll start going to the gym at least 3 times a week, without fail. i think i'll give myself until the end of the year - reasonable??

(i'm 55kg 5'7)
Seems like your body type is an ectomorph. Basically you can eat whatever you want and you will still be skinny. l am presuming your a girl :S (not by the dp, but by your workout routine being mainly cardio activity). For an ectomorph like you trying to lose weight, 2 workout days should be enough, 3 would help but if you have no time 2 wont hurt. With your diet, its pretty simply. Make sure your diet consist 40% Protien, 40% Carbs and 20% fats(good ones...like olive oil). Search the interwebs for complex carbohydrates (peanut butter, rye bread, sweet potato etc..) they are good because they slowly digest into your body instead of being quickly stored as fat. Because they slowly diet it obviously makes your metabolism work for longer. Protein similar thing, you want lean protein such as olive oil or spring water tuna, salmon, chicken breast, turkey, steak etc. Fats are mostly comprised of all the protein and carbs you eat so don't worry about adding those. Sorry for the lengthy reply, hope l helped. :)

LonelyWolf

HSC
5'5 and weigh 57, how do I put on more weight? I always eat but nothing ever happens.

oisac

HSC
5'5 and weigh 57, how do I put on more weight? I always eat but nothing ever happens.
You're clearly an ectomorph, explained in my above reply. "Basically you can eat whatever you want and you will still be skinny."...To put on weight l recommend buying mass gainer supplements. Search the interwebs for good ones, look at USER reviews and yeah. NEVER...EVER go to the vitamin shop with little to no knowledge of what mass gainers are etc..the service employee will brainwash you. Also increase the number of carbs and fat into your diet, while still maintaining a 1.5g of protien/pound of body fat.

HSC
N/A
i have felt myself gaining weight recently, due to laziness + lack of time, :|
I can DEFS see extra weight around my legs & stomach... D:

but when I weighed myself on 3 different scales it all says I haven't gained weight (still says I'm 42-43 kilos)
WTF... I at least thought I gained 2-3 kilos, can anyone explain this?

I'm 5'1 btw, hahaha I'm so short

oisac

HSC
i have felt myself gaining weight recently, due to laziness + lack of time, :|
I can DEFS see extra weight around my legs & stomach... D:

but when I weighed myself on 3 different scales it all says I haven't gained weight (still says I'm 42-43 kilos)
WTF... I at least thought I gained 2-3 kilos, can anyone explain this?

I'm 5'1 btw, hahaha I'm so short
WAIT WUT! Your 42kg and call yourself fat!...Best thing is to measure your weight first thing in the morning. As your stomach has digested all the food and hasn't eaten in 8hours or so.

boris

Banned
HSC
someone should design me a cutting diet
with all meals outlined for the week
183cm 85kg need to get down to 78 probably
cycling 5km a day, football training twice a week, gym twice a week
obvs increase that level of activity while cutting i guess

Bored as brew

HSC
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
more cushion for the pushin'

oisac

HSC
someone should design me a cutting diet
with all meals outlined for the week
183cm 85kg need to get down to 78 probably
cycling 5km a day, football training twice a week, gym twice a week
obvs increase that level of activity while cutting i guess
l can help you design one, but currently doing HSC so wouldn't have the time to do it. l can help you next weekend. As for going gym, you should stop. You have to much cardio activities such as 5km cycling, football training twice a week that all the gains(muscle) you get at the gym will be burned by cardio activities. Even though running is good it burns FAT and MUSCLE. If you were to do any cardio activities just go on the bike, treadmill etc for 20-30mins each day. Alternate between high and low intensity. Example sprint for 200m walk for 400-600m, sprint for 200m walk for 400-600 etc.....Also one extra tip, do NOT add any resistance on the machines, the whole point of cardio is to move your legs and your body not to put pressure on them.

HSC
N/A
WAIT WUT! Your 42kg and call yourself fat!...Best thing is to measure your weight first thing in the morning. As your stomach has digested all the food and hasn't eaten in 8hours or so.
aha im short, so i shouldn't really be weighing any more :p
but thanks for the advice :)

kfnmpah

HSC
l can help you design one, but currently doing HSC so wouldn't have the time to do it. l can help you next weekend. As for going gym, you should stop. You have to much cardio activities such as 5km cycling, football training twice a week that all the gains(muscle) you get at the gym will be burned by cardio activities. Even though running is good it burns FAT and MUSCLE. If you were to do any cardio activities just go on the bike, treadmill etc for 20-30mins each day. Alternate between high and low intensity. Example sprint for 200m walk for 400-600m, sprint for 200m walk for 400-600 etc.....Also one extra tip, do NOT add any resistance on the machines, the whole point of cardio is to move your legs and your body not to put pressure on them.
what the fuck?

don't stop going gym. I have no idea what this guy just said.

anyway
you want ~2000 cals to cut ~200g protein (840 cals) ~100g carbs (420 cals) and make up the rest with healthy fats (nuts, olive oil, whatever) which goes to 86g fat.
I'd recommend cycling carbs, so one day you'll have 100g, the next day 50g the next day none whatever you feel like doing.
meal 1: 1/2-1cup oats, protein shake 1tsp peanut butter/handful of nuts (hehe)
meal 2: 150g lean protein and veges/salad
meal 3: same as meal 2, chuck in a wholemeal pita wrap or whatever
meal 4: post bike ride/whatever protein shake, apple
meal 5: omelette (7 egg whites, 2 yolks, whatever veges you want, i usually put capsicum, mushrooms, asparagus and 3/4 of one of those 2 pack ham things)
meal6: 1/2 x 500g tub cottage cheese and 1tsp peanut butter (i usually mix it in to the cottage cheese, makes it a bit sweeter)

Tweak as desired.
Your welcome.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Cardio burning muscle is the biggest myth. If you do an appropriate amount of cardio it will do you wonders (speaking from experience).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)