• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Love Problem... :( (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Re: Love Problem

Smithereens said:
The things I mentioned. Get to know her a bit more closer, be there to support her, the person she comes to when she needs a shoulder etc.

Getting closer to her and working up to that stage basically.

michael1990

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
you can work your feelings into that conversation. like so:

her: bla bla bla outlining key concepts in point form bla bla...
you: let's fuck.

seamless. Go.
lol

i don't think of her in this way.

michael1990

HSC

dsam said:
OK seriously...

you've known her for years but how does she act around other guys? Is she flirty with guys? does she act differently to you compared to other boys?
Well i knew she did like another guy a little while back.

I think every girl is flirty if they don't have a boyfriend?

Um... she always talks to me. Does that make a difference?

michael1990

HSC

HalcyonSky said:
shes writing summary notes for you? lol.. you're so blatantly in her friend zone its going to be hard to get out

The standard scenario of a guy telling a long time female friend that he likes her is that the gal gets weirded out, feels bad for rejecting him, guy feels like shit from being rejected, and nobodies happy. She will give you cliched excuses like "i dont want to ruin our friendship", "I dont think i want a bf this close to the hsc", or she might even lead you on a bit just so she doesnt feel bad for rejecting you.
Unless you're really pro, which i dont think you are (judging by what youve said and ur avatar), then this scenario will be likely to unfold.

Your problem seems that ur not a challenge to her. You help her with anything she needs and u probably talk to her everyday at every chance you get. She knows that she could have you just like that, no effort at all, so easy like clearing boars in level 1 area. Why would she want to be with someone she can pwn so easily? You have to give her a reason to like you, not to be your friend.

There's plenty of articles around on how to tell if ur in the friend zone, how to avoid it, and how to get out of it. Just google.
WOW i shall try and google it. If you already have any links could you paste them on here. As its really late, i just got home from work and shall be going to be very soon.

michael1990

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
You know, if you don't do it soon, someone is going to hack your msn/facebook or something and do it for you.
LOL!

well maybe i might let slip my password?

NAH NAH NAH

i want to do it. I think i will have to just ring her or something, because i will be too nervous to actually say it to her in person.

But the weird thing is, i have never been like this nervous telling a girl how i feel?
Does this mean anything?

michael1990

HSC

jirwin said:
michael just grow up some balls, ask her out and stop attention seeking. its been like a week or whatever and u've made 2 threads. u're obviously not taking anyones advice - of which some, if not most, has been very good/helpful. so if ur not going to listen to anyone just drop the subject. there's no point in this thread being open any longer.
I am listening to all the advice people are giving me.

Its giving me more confidence to tell her, which i have always wanted to tell her, everything!

michael1990

HSC

pritnep said:
Not sure if it has been asked but how long have you had feelings for her?

Do you talk to her about anything rather then just school work? How far do your conversations with her go? Do you ask her what she would like in a boyfriend? If she has had any crushes? Any previous relationships? How much do you know about her (favourite food, colour all that)?

Good luck. :)
WE talk about everything!

what do you mean by 'how far do your conversations go with her?'

I have no idea what she wants in a boyfriend, but i shall ask.

Yeah i knew she had liked one guy a little while ago but yeah she told me she was over him.

She has never had a previous relationship.

I think i know a lot about her, i know her favourite food, colour, birthday, pass time, best friends. HEAPS!

michael1990

HSC

tashaa said:
hey michael, i gotta hav a say in this one. NO TEXT MESSAGEING OR MSN NOOOOO!!!
Thats just one thing you just dont do. All i have to say to you is, if u really want to be with this girl and to tell her how you feel, then you should and yes your taking that risk, but you just cant go on like this forever just thinking, should i or nah i shouldnt. She may become distant she may not, the only way you will ever know is by telling her and a couple of days ago you were saying she might go for someone else well hunny time is ticking make that move or shes gonee. You will go crazyy!!! your driving me crazy LOL my friends have even tried helping you out. you know alissia and angela (xcluziv aj) yeah well mate its time to make a desicion. whats it gonna be?
I will tell her!

i just need a confidence boast and to work out which way i should drop it into conversation...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

The how does not matter. So long as you convey the key concept that you want to date her, and prompt a response, you will get the same response.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

michael1990 said:
WE talk about everything!

what do you mean by 'how far do your conversations go with her?'

I have no idea what she wants in a boyfriend, but i shall ask.

Yeah i knew she had liked one guy a little while ago but yeah she told me she was over him.

She has never had a previous relationship.

I think i know a lot about her, i know her favourite food, colour, birthday, pass time, best friends. HEAPS!
You know her favourite colour? Fucking deep, man.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Fuck it, dude, of my ex girlfriends I only know/remember the favourite colour of one of them.

EDIT: And that was the one with 9 piercings, 2 tattoos and vaguely gothic tendencies, it was black.

fatnerd

HSC

I don't know where your other post is that links to this thread...or is there one...
Anyway..

I would say, you know it's better to know for sure than to dream about her 24/7 when she could not even be noticing you at all or even like you. She could be into other guys. But you see I don't know this girl that you like so I shouldn't judge her right. So, in the end, it's better to know than fear. If you do get rejected, it's better to be rejected than live in uncertainty and fear 24/7 (well in my opinion yeh. don't know about you though).

You know, this is just my idea....you don't have follow it though if u don't like it. I thought wouldn't it be nice if you could just write her a letter? telling her how u feel and stuff but not getting too mushy. Just going "hey, I just wanted to write this letter to you because I wanted to tell you that for a long time I have been interested in you.." (or whatver i duno..this is just an e.g.) And leave her an option. Write somehting like "if your answer is yes you can meet me at the lockers next monday at 10am, if not I would like for us still to be in good friendship with no awkwardness. I would just like you to know that writing this letter wasn't easy for me and even if your answer was a no, I ask that you will try and not treat me any differently. THank you."

You see, I think this is a good way to do it because:

1) you don't have to face her so if she does reject you, you won't feel that embarrasssed or bad.
2) She will be alone and have time to think about the answer as long as she needed instead of like 2 seconds to answer the Q (Don't rush girls! They hate being rushed).
3) Since you didn't approach her in person, she won't feel embarrassed or 'on the spotlight' around other people in public. Even if you did this in a quiet area, she could still be worried there are people around. You see, it's a romantic moment and you wouldn't want to ruin that with other people around and making the girl feel uncomfortable to answer your question. I think it's good to give her privacy when thinking about this answer so that she can think thoroughly about it before she says yes or no.
4) Doing it by letter won't likely ruin the friendship as it had less 'social contact', thus making it less damaging to the friendship.

By the way, make sure when you give it to her though, smile at her (but don't smile so big that you freak her out! but don't be too serious and scary okay coz that will freak her out too!). it would be good if you could wait till like a special day like her bday (if u don't know, try and find out. just ask casually or findout through her friends or an year book,etc). Or Christmas, any special day (excpet valentines! coz it's a dead give away!). And like give her a lil prezzie (girls love presents but don't give flowers because that also gives it all away!). Give her a little present and a nice card and slip that letter inside the card. It's a letter in disguise. =) She won't notice anything and she won't freak out u see. And when she goes home, she will read it in her own time. Just when u give it to her let her know "please read it at home. I just prefer if you do since it's from me =D"

ANyway, that's all. Hope that helps.:wave:

Last edited:

fatnerd

HSC

Also, since you saw her and gave the letter/prezzie to her it doesn't look like you were a coward coz you gave the prezzie and the letter to her. It's a good balance. You saw her face to face when giving her the letter and you weren't in front of her when she had to think about the letter and give you her answer. tell her to meet u a day later somehwere, or give u soemthing back, anything as an indication of yes.

This challenges the girl and it's more fun this way for her. It's a fun thing and it's exciting.

Anyway, hope if goes well for u. If she says no, go for a fat nerd. =) yOU know, a girl sitting alone, with glasses and is eating her lunch. C'mon there gotta be one in ur school! there everywehere if u just look for them. It's coz people never look at fatnerds! =)

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC

telling someone online (msn) can and does work.
i speak from personal experience.

granted tho, i didnt have any contact with this person irl as we were in separate years at school so he no longer attended my school.

Edit: I did have contact with them irl after tho :)

ilessthan3u

HSC

play it out like this;

e.g. 'hey this has been heavy on my mind for a while. its jus. i jus wanted to tell you that i have feelings for you. ill understand if you dont feel the same.' etcetc

idk? unless you've been on the topic of other halves, then thats one way of bringing it up

michael1990

HSC

cal- said:
do not write a letter.
Yeah i thought that as well, i think letters are strange when written from a male?

michael1990

HSC

fatnerd said:
Also, since you saw her and gave the letter/prezzie to her it doesn't look like you were a coward coz you gave the prezzie and the letter to her. It's a good balance. You saw her face to face when giving her the letter and you weren't in front of her when she had to think about the letter and give you her answer. tell her to meet u a day later somehwere, or give u soemthing back, anything as an indication of yes.

This challenges the girl and it's more fun this way for her. It's a fun thing and it's exciting.

Anyway, hope if goes well for u. If she says no, go for a fat nerd. =) yOU know, a girl sitting alone, with glasses and is eating her lunch. C'mon there gotta be one in ur school! there everywehere if u just look for them. It's coz people never look at fatnerds! =)

LOL

nah i think a letter is strange!

But there is some advice i got from there.

Does everyone think i should wait till after the Half Yearlies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)