• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Loving The Hsc... :d (1 Viewer)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
hey ppls... i jus thought i might ass well make a positive thread...
most of uz would know my subjects
(if u dont Maths Ext 2 Obviously, phys, chem, bio adv english n sor1)
i dont realy do anything 4 SOR1... but my other subjects are like so intresting its not funni.
Firstly with maths we are doin Permutation n Combinations in 3u, its noty hard at all, and im enjoying it. we are so far ahead its not funni n its amazing its not stressing me out. in 4u we are doin polynomials n it realy not hard, we jus finished it and im finding no harder than 3u polynomials.
with phys n chem im tryin realy hard 2 do well, n im understanding everything so easyly and am ontop of my work. n bio im not ahead but am luving it aswell. i realy honestly am enjoying these subjects.
with english i believe i have improved out of sight and we are in our critical study of yeats, and again me with the help of my tutor am doin well 2 understand it and i got 13/15 4 my 1st assesment (can 6th i think)
ive always been told 13 units is 2 much drop sumthing, drop sumthin... yadi yadi yahhhhhh.... i say Fukem all :D
i also find the time 2 go out on the odd occation.
any1 else in a similar position???????

Trev

stix
HSC
well, im going alright so far for the lack of work i did for these assessments (consist of cramming sessions, my typical study) (1st ext2, 5th chem, 3rd ipt) but im not on top of my work at all! i simply have no motivation watsoeva. i came 8th in the first ext1 assess which i was totally pissed off with, but i realise i deserve that mark for the complete lack of work i did :( and although with realisation that the attitude i have towards schoolwork at the moment i wont get the uai i want (95).
but yeh, i dont kno how to get out of this "rut", i go out a fair bit, and leave school work to the last minute and i kno if i keep this up ill b lucky to get 90.
any1 else in my position ay?....

Trev

stix
HSC
but in reference to the title of the thread "loving the hsc", i dont mind it - i dont feel stressed at all, i just feel like i have my own expectations to meet and realise that its not going to happen unless i change my ways, but im not motivated enough to do that...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I agree that the HSC isn't stressful, at least, not for me.

I have my own goals and aims to meet, but if I don't meet them, it's no big deal. My courses all have UAI reqs at or below 90.

As long as I enjoy the work I do, I'll be happy.

Trev

stix
HSC
im enjoying the work, but i just dont seem to do it. ie. i really like ext2 maths, but i havnt done any work on it for over a week, and so im like 2 lessons behind, it doesnt seem like much, but when its happening in basically every subject, it soughta creeps up on u

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, well clever ppl like u who are on top of ya stuff wouldn't be worrying at all of coz:p

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
i can see this thread has already turned into a "Im going to smash the hsc cos im so smart"
Thanks again Jamil for one of your insightful and valuable posts. :rolleyes:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I seem to be keeping up with my work, but this year has definitely been busier than last year - my Ext 1 English assignment seems to be chewing up a fair proportion of my time, but Ext 2 Maths hasn't really consumed much time so far...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JamiL said:
i dont realy do anything 4 SOR1... but my other subjects are like so intresting its not funni.
Firstly with maths we are doin Permutation n Combinations in 3u, its noty hard at all, and im enjoying it. we are so far ahead its not funni n its amazing its not stressing me out. in 4u we are doin polynomials n it realy not hard, we jus finished it and im finding no harder than 3u polynomials.
with phys n chem im tryin realy hard 2 do well, n im understanding everything so easyly and am ontop of my work. n bio im not ahead but am luving it aswell. i realy honestly am enjoying these subjects.
with english i believe i have improved out of sight and we are in our critical study of yeats, and again me with the help of my tutor am doin well 2 understand it and i got 13/15 4 my 1st assesment (can 6th i think)
ive always been told 13 units is 2 much drop sumthing, drop sumthin... yadi yadi yahhhhhh.... i say Fukem all :D
Would you like a gold star too Jamil?:)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
JamiL said:

Glad youre enjoying maths because you sure as hell suck at english.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I seem to be keeping up with my work, but this year has definitely been busier than last year - my Ext 1 English assignment seems to be chewing up a fair proportion of my time, but Ext 2 Maths hasn't really consumed much time so far...
How's EE1 compared to Advanced?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
absolution* said:
Glad youre enjoying maths because you sure as hell suck at english.

oh yeah!! pwned

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
im doing similar subjects to you guys (adv english, X2 maths, phys, chem) and ancient and ext history. so far ive kicked arse in my assesments (that doesnt mean ofcourse that that will continue) with relatively little stress, but the next month and a half will be quite loaded, so i guess it will be more testing. you all have half yearlies coming up end of term right?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
In contrast to what Absolution said, I'm definitely in favour of Advanced over Ext 1 - crime fiction is...well...put it this way, I'm not liking it that much. I don't mind the creative composition (my current assessment), but I'm not enjoying the prescribed texts that much...

firehose

HSC
I got an assessment week at week 8... had one last term too, results were mixed.

I'm doing MX1/MX2, Chem, Eco, Geo, Adv Eng. As far as i'm concerned Maths is the ultimate timekiller, but i'm coping.. for now. For the other subjects i can mostly just rely on wit and gut (and night-before cram) and it'll be fine.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
wrx said:
i can see this thread has already turned into a "Im going to smash the hsc cos im so smart"
Thanks again Jamil for one of your insightful and valuable posts. :rolleyes:
lol.. i can always count on you wrx... nah im not sayn i gunna smach the hsc, i jus thought i might post a positive tread around here. it could do a world of good. i no my limites and my capabilities and i jus wanna do my best. if i get 99.95 (not that im sayn i will) and i didn try hard id be upset with myslef. bit if i tryed my hardest n got 49.95 id be content with the fact that i did my best.
i also dont believe that u can judge "smartness" by your school life, and there marks. a smart person is a succesful person, not just in his work but all aspects of his life... (this may sound a lil philosphical but i truley believe it)
ps... u dont have 2 know how 2 spell to be smart. so leave me the fuck alone.
now lets not make this thread a ppl bashing thread (particularly me) and keep it positive 4 1ce

Trev

stix
HSC
JamiL said:
lol.. i can always count on you wrx... nah im not sayn i gunna smach the hsc, i jus thought i might post a positive tread around here. it could do a world of good. i no my limites and my capabilities and i jus wanna do my best. if i get 99.95 (not that im sayn i will) and i didn try hard id be upset with myslef. bit if i tryed my hardest n got 49.95 id be content with the fact that i did my best.
i also dont believe that u can judge "smartness" by your school life, and there marks. a smart person is a succesful person, not just in his work but all aspects of his life... (this may sound a lil philosphical but i truley believe it)
ps... u dont have 2 know how 2 spell to be smart. so leave me the fuck alone.
now lets not make this thread a ppl bashing thread (particularly me) and keep it positive 4 1ce
you spelt wrong; "smach", "tread", "limites", "myslef", "tryed", "succesful", "philosphical", "truley"..... :p haha, messin wit ya JamiL

ishq

brown?
HSC
Slide Rule said:

more fun, less work!

~ ReNcH ~ said:
In contrast to what Absolution said, I'm definitely in favour of Advanced over Ext 1 - crime fiction is...well...put it this way, I'm not liking it that much. I don't mind the creative composition (my current assessment), but I'm not enjoying the prescribed texts that much...
What texts do you do?

*transfer to EE1 forum? :)*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)