• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Loving The Hsc... :d (4 Viewers)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
If I had done extension 2 english it might just have cancelled some of my (relatively) dismal advanced result out.
You're not alone on that idea.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I like to have the second english extension so that I have a subject in which I can be creative. The double extension load can be a bit nasty for english but with the ext.2 once you have your idea you can just do some writing every couple of nights and chip away at it while being relaxed about it all. No stress, just a bit of recreation and one unit accounted for with no exams! I know I don't have to justify ext. 2 Math here but that higher level of problem solving is just that much mroe interesting. I don't think I could let go of any of my extensions (even though the thought will occaisionally cross my mind) and Jamil, it's really not so bad as you make it out to be.

ishq

brown?
HSC
JamiL said:
i feel any1 that does ext 2 maths n english is utterly crazy... if i was that person i would chose on ext 2 subject and drop 2 2u in the other (in my case it would be maths no questions asked). this gives you the ability to try hard in the ext 2 n ext 1 subject and also try to maximise ur 2u subject. i feel that doin 4u of each may have more of a -ve affect then +ve. but every1 is different and must chose wot best suits them.
there was a boy in my year who wanted 2 do ext 2 math n english... he ended up doin 2u maths and got 38.5/40 4 his 1st assesment.
i had the option to do ext 1 english, but i was certain that it wouldn count and that i may on put more added preasure on me and i do 13units as it is...
I do 12 units.
And like withoutaface said, it might help to cancel out the advanced result, which is a pretty competitive arena.

And i absolutely agree with Kfunk. Its relaxing- a break from the math and science.
Its a vent for the creative side, which you cant really bring out in the hectic advanced course.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
I did Ext 1 Eng to escape from Advanced. I did Ext 2 Eng to escape from Ext 1...that worked out nicely. :p

For maths, I was always going to do Ext 2 anyway, no questions asked...that was fun. :)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
ishq said:
I do 12 units.
And like withoutaface said, it might help to cancel out the advanced result, which is a pretty competitive arena.

And i absolutely agree with Kfunk. Its relaxing- a break from the math and science.
Its a vent for the creative side, which you cant really bring out in the hectic advanced course.
yep but 2 vent it u much have aquired it at some point... my main problem.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
yep but 2 vent it u much have aquired it at some point... my main problem.
Very true.

So to sum up:
a) You have complex problem-solving and logic skills = Maths Ext 2
b) You have a considerable imaginations and knack for creativity = English Ext 2 (or maybe Ext 1 if you have too many units)
c) You have both a) and b) = Do both

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Defensibly, it is not true that one who does only one of the two is only skilled in that one of the two.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Defensibly, it is not true that one who does only one of the two is only skilled in that one of the two.
True.
There are some people who seem to be skilled in everything, but who choose not to take up some subjects because of the time factor.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh my english is wayyy better than my maths, but because i cant stand people who do ext 2 eng i chose to do ext 2 maths, or what you cool ext 2 maths people like to call 'mx2'.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
blackfriday said:
yeh my english is wayyy better than my maths, but because i cant stand people who do ext 2 eng i chose to do ext 2 maths, or what you cool ext 2 maths people like to call 'mx2'.
lol.
So you only did MX2 out of spite for the Ext 2 English people? (note the lack lack of EX2 - coz EX2 is not cool :p)

Hmm...mX2, Mx2, mx2, MX2...maybe even MXII - which one looks best as the "official" cool label for Maths Ext 2?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
hey be thankful, for eng ext 1 i have to do post-modernism, which is the hugest hunk of shit ive ever heard besides circle geo.

JamiL

HSC
yes circle geometry is not maths, i dont care wot u say, even if u say it is the heart of geometry and being the heart of maths. i dont care that archimedes was the first to creat geometry, and him being the first science making it the purest maths... (mabey i should stop rebuting myslef:D)
but it would be hard 2 chose wot is more boring post-mod or circle geo... at lest at my skool they give u the option of sport

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Circle geometry is okay once you stop hating it and actually attempt to learn it.

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
lol.
So you only did MX2 out of spite for the Ext 2 English people? (note the lack lack of EX2 - coz EX2 is not cool :p)
:vcross:
I oppose that statement!
EX2 is very cool!
:D

And I like circle geometry!

Last edited:

JamiL

HSC
EX2 is kool, the name n the subject. its actually challangaing 4 once in a while. i though i might get a challange in perm and comb... i was wrong, i hope inverse trig or calculus in the physical world in 3u does... if not ill have 2 leave it 2 mecanics conics in 4u to challange

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
:vcross:
I oppose that statement!
EX2 is very cool!
:D

And I like circle geometry!
Hehe...
Contradicting my own statement, I was actually considering Ext 2 English but I decided against it...which means it doesn't deserve to be called EX2 (according to me) :p

MX2 all the way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)