Luxury Car Tax rejected! (1 Viewer)

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
what? nah, the omegas are like ~35K, the sv6 is like 40 and the ss is late 40s i think

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The price goes depreciates quick too anyway... I also picked myself up a VZ Acclaim for little dosh.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
you should have got a vz calais, those things are pretty decent and heaps cheap.
plus they have the projector headlights, which throw a whole heap of pretty colours from certain angles at oncoming traffic :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i never really realised until the other day how fucking expensive new commodores etc are .. well, like, it's not much compared to some cars, but most new commodores are like $45-50ish grand, i was like
Well lucky for you those Commodores don't fit the luxury tax, do they just!?

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well lucky for you those Commodores don't fit the luxury tax, do they just!?
dude i'm prettttty fucking sure that comment wasn't in relation to the luxury car tax, you've just succeeded in making yourself look like a total moron.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hahahahahahahha dude he's a fucking Communist, he's already succeeded in making himself look like a complete fucking retard

F2001

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I don't know nor care what any of that means.

Yeah you'll have to explain what you mean a little more clearly, tiger. What about what Rudd said? Eh?

And the rest of us don't care. :rofl:

Nobody cares. Enjoy the new taxes, teeheeheeheehee. Go Rudd!
You don't care what that means? You are not getting your money's worth in simple terms dipshit.

If you don't have any knowledge, then I wonder why you support it.
Must be the same as attitude as the government itself.

What I meant was, Rudd made a comment about the porsche driver. Show me a fucking brand new Porsche for 57K dickhead. There is no statistical research etc in this, this is just shortcut for Mr Swan to increase Gov Revenue.

Oh I forgot, I'm talking to some chump doing an arts degree.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes! Who put Swan in charge of the economy? Interest rates thru the roof!

I support it, friend, because I don't see the problem with collecting a little extra money from those who can afford to spend absurd amounts of money on an uncessecary item. This money can then be invested in more deserving places, such as schools, hospitals etc. This is how society in Australia works. If you luxury car drivers can't cope with that, perhaps you can move to Zimbabwe or something like that where they don't have any luxury car taxes. :rofl:

f2001 said:
What I meant was, Rudd made a comment about the porsche driver. Show me a fucking brand new Porsche for 57K dickhead. There is no statistical research etc in this, this is just shortcut for Mr Swan to increase Gov Revenue.
Am I missing something here? A Porsche is within the range (of 57,000 and above) that they're targeting. Rudd made no mistake in his comment.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nobody spends more money on unnecessary items than lower income earners, though

lol, do u think rich ppl stockpile hundreds of cars & big TVs or something?

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
NO you see RICH PEOPLE are EVIL because they didn't WORK HARD to get their money they like did other shit. You know, we should ALL have the same money and not have to work, okay?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
F2001 said:
1) if you are an executive and show up in a hatchback suzuki.... what the fuck please.
seriously, I would have so much respect for that person. Why is it expected that a rich person has to drive luxury cars, own big houses and wear a rolex?

Nebuchanezzar said:
If you luxury car drivers can't cope with that, perhaps you can move to Zimbabwe or something like that where they don't have any luxury car taxes. :rofl:
But buy them as soon as you get there, the prices are rising pretty quick.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I support it, friend, because I don't see the problem with collecting a little extra money from those who can afford to spend absurd amounts of money on an uncessecary item. This money can then be invested in more deserving places, such as schools, hospitals etc. This is how society in Australia works.
no it's fucking not

our oppressive taxation system takes $$$ off rich ppl, i.e. ppl who invest the money in business, u know those things that provide goods and services OTHER THAN THE STATE

and give it thru generous welfare to ordinary ppl who waste it on big TVs and pokies

then they complain about rich ppl being rich when they can't pay their mortgage and ask da gub'ment for moar handouts, plz

no wonder all the talented ppl in this country move to the USA/europe, lol

but then judging by ur posts u hate poor ppl as much as rich ppl so i dunno what u want, lol

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yes! Who put Swan in charge of the economy? Interest rates thru the roof!

I support it, friend, because I don't see the problem with collecting a little extra money from those who can afford to spend absurd amounts of money on an uncessecary item. This money can then be invested in more deserving places, such as schools, hospitals etc. This is how society in Australia works. If you luxury car drivers can't cope with that, perhaps you can move to Zimbabwe or something like that where they don't have any luxury car taxes. :rofl:

Am I missing something here? A Porsche is within the range (of 57,000 and above) that they're targeting. Rudd made no mistake in his comment.
Um, wow.

I had no idea how backwards you were. But that confirms it.

Why would government run schools, hospitals etc be more deserving of wealth from somebody who has worked their 'hole out to grow their business and thus has some money to spend? Where's the incentive to actually make something of yourself if the government is going to take it off you anyway, to provide for people that could'nt be arsed doing anything more than the 9-5 mon - fri?

Seems like the labor government (state and fed) have the treasury skills of a pre-schooler. Convenient way to grow revenues, just tax moar!!

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
Um, wow.

I had no idea how backwards you were. But that confirms it.

Why would government run schools, hospitals etc be more deserving of wealth from somebody who has worked their 'hole out to grow their business and thus has some money to spend? Where's the incentive to actually make something of yourself if the government is going to take it off you anyway, to provide for people that could'nt be arsed doing anything more than the 9-5 mon - fri?

Seems like the labor government (state and fed) have the treasury skills of a pre-schooler. Convenient way to grow revenues, just tax moar!!
HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE LAFFER CURVE

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
I don't know nor care what any of that means.

Yeah you'll have to explain what you mean a little more clearly, tiger. What about what Rudd said? Eh?

And the rest of us don't care. :rofl:

Nobody cares. Enjoy the new taxes, teeheeheeheehee. Go Rudd!

By your signature...I am very glad you are doing something like B.science and B.arts...at least you won't have that much effect on the economy...and if god have eyes...the luxury car tax will definitely not effect your family for at least your life.

You do realise that Rudd is pushing this tax through so hard because without it, there is suddenly a half a billion dollar hole in his budget...which isn't really that terrible since that I'm sure there is money reserved from all the budget surpluses left by the Liberal gov't.

It's pretty absurd how well the welfare payments are in Aust, considering that if you really don't want to work, you get almost 200 bucks a week...pretty decent if you're still living at home...how is that encouraging young people to work...there are obviously people who deserves and needs those payments, but I'm sure there are people who are reaping in the benefits when they don't need it.

As for Taxing more to invest in other things...Rudd stated that the road infrastructure can be improved...face it...if it hasn't improved in the last 20 years...what is Rudd gonna do in his 3 years of gov't to change that...barring the fact that the "inquiries" will prob take up half of his appointment.

And as for Rudd fighting for the working family, what does he know, if he goes broke, I'm sure his millionaire wife will support his living...

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
SipSip said:
By your signature...I am very glad you are doing something like B.science and B.arts...at least you won't have that much effect on the economy...and if god have eyes...the luxury car tax will definitely not effect your family for at least your life.
hahahahahaha owned.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
SipSip said:
By your signature...I am very glad you are doing something like B.science and B.arts...at least you won't have that much effect on the economy...
I'd be more worried if you were somehow involved with the running of the economy.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
jb_nc said:
HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE LAFFER CURVE
Not until 5 minutes ago, no.

I don't do economics, but it seems fairly common sense.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I support it, friend, because I don't see the problem with collecting a little extra money from those who can afford to spend absurd amounts of money on an uncessecary item. This money can then be invested in more deserving places, such as schools, hospitals etc. This is how society in Australia works. If you luxury car drivers can't cope with that, perhaps you can move to Zimbabwe or something like that where they don't have any luxury car taxes.
I also agree with taxation on the same grounds. I think the country is overall more prosperous and free if we tax the rich and give to the poor. However, this particular tax is an easy tax grab to increase government revenue (while demonising one particular spending habit) that comes off as extremely arbitrary and unfair.

If you accept that people should be allowed to get rich, have discretionary money and spend it on whatever luxury good takes their fancy (within SOME limits obviously) then I don't see how you can support this tax. What is particularly wrong with wanting to spend your extra money on a better car instead of a yacht or big screen tvs?

The only reason I can think to actually add a new tax on cars in particular would be for their emissions... but it's not really the luxury new cars that are the greatest emitters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)