Main round offers (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
thx a heap

it's nice to know people helping us out who have been through this before

98.50 last year, so i should easily manage in if i change my mind
Bear in mind though that the cutoffs for late round probably change quite dramatically, as there may only be a few places available.

proringz

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
nah they mean midnight after 7 jan
Ahh ok. I changed my preferences last night thinking it was the midnight before.

proringz

HSC
Btw all of counterman's question are answered in the "You and your UAI" guide thing, guess it was worth a read after all.

If I receive a Main Round offer, can I accept my offer and also change preferences for consideration in the Late and Final rounds?

"Yes, UAC advises you to accept your Main Round offer. You can then also submit change of preference for the Late and Final rounds. You do not jeopardise your chances of receiving another offer by accepting your Main Round offer.
If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive
an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:
  • keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
  • withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
You don't need to change your preferences if you want to be considered for preferences higher than your offer. So, if you receive a Main Round offer for your third preference, you will automatically be considered for your first and second preferences again in the Late and Final Rounds if those courses have vacancies.
Do not assume you will receive an offer in the Late or Final rounds – it will depend on whether there are vacancies. Also, the cut-off for a course in the Late and Final rounds could be less than, greater than, or the same as the cut-off in the Main Round."

Last edited:

ademayd

HSC
Should 97 + AAA scholarship be enough to make it to Law at UNSW, it'll be good to know within the next 15 minutes coz i really did not write wise 2nd or 3rd preferences.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Hagaren said:
you're and idiot it is 12 am 7th of January.
if i am such an idiot, why was i able to change my preferences last night at 11pm and not today at 8am???

it's midnight of that day, so u have that whole day to change [BTW, they never say '12am', they say 'midnight', which when stated with a date, implies it is THAT night, not the begining of THAT day]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)