Many of you suck... (1 Viewer)

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
What? You think this is another ULM (Unnecessary-Lengthy Message) of mine and want to stop reading now due to the fact that my messages always make people constipated (hard to digest)? Well.. can I beg all of you, 2003 HSC candidates: Please read on?

May be this is rather ironic compared to what I've just said above, but guess what?

You suck.

This may not apply to some of you, or YOU (99.00%) THINK that it doesn't apply you... but you know what? Let's face it, you know it applies to you but we humans (again, 99.00%) are just "selfish selfish" beings who just want ourselves to feel good - we can even betray friends and ourselves in order to achieve our desires. There are only two reasons for which you don't want me to say "you suck", (yes "you suck"):

1. You genuinely don't
2. Reality hurts (Touche.)

By now you should be thinking or yelling: "What the *beep* are you going on about!?" (mito: You suck) Before you ask yourself, or me, anything, listen to my story first:

Mito is a HSC student who goes to a public school somewhere around the Hills. Like every ordinary people, mito has friends at school. However, mito is often cynical and is compelled from other people at school - except for the teachers, therefore mito is able to see things that mito's fellow HSC students can't see all the time. Mito usually comes first in all subjects except for English, but, BUT, mito is only an ordinary student with no extra neurons in any parts of mito's brain.

Everyone hangs around with friends, so do I. The friends I hang around with at school are actually the most inventive and creative people in my grade, not to mention that they are intelligent too. They do most of the subjects I do. The most notable situation is Chemistry. They certainly know more than I do, how many HSC students actually know what metals they use to make railings around the old city area in NSW before they learn it? My friends do, Aluminium. How many HSC studnents would know why can't artefacts saturated with salt be exposed and transported out of the sea? My friends do, because the salt will expand and destroy the artefacts.

But they never came first in Chemistry :(
- Even when their english are better than me and they know more than I do.

Maybe you think I'm trying to put people down and make myself a hero or something? No. I've been trying for years to help them realise that THEY CAN. So what? My effort is proved futile, until now they are still having fun in Chemistry and all other subjects, just to emphasise how bad it is - they hopelessly bludge in every lesson. We only have less than 8 blanky weeks till the HSC.

They suck? Yes they do.

Dispite the fact that they are disturbing me during lessons, they are also troubling me mentally. Practically everyday when I see them and everynight when I think about the HSC.

I want them to do well too.

Obviously they are not the only people in the whole Australia who possess great potential but are stuffing around and wasting their time. Not to mention that they are spending some *beep*ing useless time on weekends getting drunk and do useless crazy things on the street (like humping a tree or p***ing on people's lawn and get yelled at). If you are still reading now, you are very likely to be one of the people withing the 99.00%

I hate nagging people but I just can't bear seeing people wasting their time and life. I am crazy, I am a crazed fool who waste my time, years, trying to persuade my friends to study, continuously attempting to help them to realise what life is about, constantly urging them to wake up from their childish teenage fantasy and take things seriously. But I am not a genetically-modified-stuffed-up-heavy-metal-poisioned-mind-lost-fantasy-dreaming-book-eating-bible-bashing-deadly-diseased clone who tells people what to do. It's your choice, not mine.

I don't think I'll be able to stress anymore about the importance of the HSC to them. And this is why I want to share this with all of you 'cause you don't know who I am and I can yell at you... it's really a shame that I'm not brave enough to confront my friends like Neville did in Harry Potter. I am not a nerd or anything, and I don't have mental problems caused by excessive studying (which I don't). I am not one of those hyppocrite-typed-fake-emotionphilia-bad-resultsphobic-schools'-reputation-maximising people who go around and tell people "Please do well in you HSC, the school and the teachers love you. It's your HSC, not ours, we just don't want you to regret," in a gay and old-fashioned-principal-like voice.

Should you still think I am talking rubbish, that's fine, but "you suck," just like my friends. It's not because you don't listen to me (you see, I don't even know you, why should I care if you don't listen to me?), It's because you are not valuing your life.

When you come to think about it, 8 weeks isn't much but neither little. If you are convinced, now get off your bum and start doing some work. I'm not telling you to make a blanky 20 difference in your UAI... I just don't want anyone of you to regret when you read the book, the one that is unique to you, years later. Many people are still not convinced up till here, the most typical response is: "I feel comfortable and happy with it" in a defient and utterly childish and disiplineless tone while they haven't even prospected what could happen if they try their best in the HSC.

If you are one of the 99.00%. please read this then close your eyes and try to picture it:

Imagine a friendly strager, standing in front of you, similing to you in a comforting, kind and caring way, showing you the book of yours. The cover opens, and the pages inside it start to flip slowly. On every single page of it is an animated episodic memory of yours, you see yourself as a child, maybe very happy or maybe not, then you see yourself in primary school, maybe doing very well or maybe not, then you see year 7, year 8, year 9, year 10 and year 11. You start to realise how much time you have wasted while you get older and older, you regret, but you don't know what to do. One more page flips, you see yourself, now, in year 12, doing all sorts of childish things, you are now flooded by reminiscence, regret, bewilderment and apologies. Then your friend turns the page, and you see a blank page... and the stranger says to you: "you are the writer."

In a way I'm really selfish, too, because your "book" is really none of my business. However, I'm sick of seeing people behaving like idiots or tired of hearing "I can do it" while she/he doesn't actually go and do it. Please, don't waste your potentials, possibilities are waiting for you out there to explore. Don't be a slacko who thinks "I can't do it," "it's not for me" or "I don't care" to yourself all the time, excuse my cliche, but "there's nothing you can't do."

Set some goals for yourself if you can't motivate yourself, give youself restrictions and have discipline. At the end it doesn't matter if things don't turn out the way you want it to be if you have tried your best.

The destination is unimportant, the process is what makes things valuable in your life.

Good luck to you all... All the best with the HSC.

P.S. Please don't post useless replies to increase your post count, I'm sick of that, too. Post count isn't something to be proud of, if you think it is, then you are and idiot and you suck because you can't discriminate between right and wrong.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
hahahaha
that sounded something from the english change stimulus booklet

i thought i was the only bitter one yesterday
and i got over it already
jebus
have some happy go lucky pills

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've been told I suck before. It's just numb now, it doesn't hurt anymore. *Runs off and has a cry*

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
heeey! Loz, you've got it all wrong! That was meant to encourage and motivate people but not make them run off and cry. And please, pleeeease read it again (I know it's painful) if you are still feeling that way. I just wanted to share that with everyone so that they don't choose the same path which my friends have chosen. You don't suck Loz. Cheer up ;)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by mitochondria
heeey! Loz, you've got it all wrong! That was meant to encourage and motivate people but not make them run off and cry. And please, pleeeease read it again (I know it's painful) if you are still feeling that way. I just wanted to share that with everyone so that they don't choose the same path which my friends have chosen. You don't suck Loz. Cheer up ;)
Haha, I only read the title. I'm sleepy and it's too bloody long to read. Plus, I know I don't suck * watches ego inflate*

Rahul

Dead Member
reading other notes cannot be compared with making ur own.

in ur situations, u should concentrate on making ur own notes and studying, not organising like u are. but hey thats what i would do.

good luck with it.

lbft

Geek
HSC
:spam:

..Oh, sorry, what were you rambling about mitochondria?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Dear:

[X] mitochondria
[ ] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] AOLer
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Troll
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Asskisser
[ ] l337 d00d
[ ] Flamer
[X] Whiner
[ ] Other: Molested Child

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You posted a .99999... = 1 thread
[X] You posted a long thread
[ ] You posted an obvious thread
[X] You posted an essay type thread
[ ] You posted a PC vs Mac thread
[ ] You posted a System Specifications thread
[ ] You posted a UAI Prediction Thread
[ ] You posted a Im scared of my UAI. I came 1st in everything thread
[ ] You posted a Have the new notes come in? Thread
[ ] You posted a list of past HSC ranking thread
[ ] You posted a how do I get good marks thread
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You committed crimes against pork biproducts
[X] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You haven't read the FAQ
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in
[ ] You just plain suck
[ ] You posted false information
[X] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You doubleposted
[ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS
[ ] You posted racist crap
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice
[ ] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums
[ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd.

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ] Give up your AOL Internet account
[ ] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Do 50 pushups
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the f****** FAQ
[ ] Be Pat Buchanan's love slave
[ ] Call Bush and inform him he sucks
[ ] Go to your room with no supper
[X] Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
[X] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards
[X] Take a bath in bleach
[ ] Drink out of a spitoon
[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
[X] Get a life
[X] Never post again
[X] I pity your dog
[ ] Go to hell
[ ] Your IQ must be 7
[ ] Take your s*** somewhere else
[X] STFU & GTFO
[ ] Learn to post or f*** off
[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] All of the above

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ROFL!

(I'm readin' the whole of "Dear Mods: you are all impotent", atm. I've spent 10 minutes... and I'm only on page 2. I'm not even going to read the first post of this thread. Just scrolled through. This is like a full-time job, now. :D)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Why do you think i made that post i did above :)

He obviously wants to prove his point in that other thread

Generator

HSC
N/A
Eh. There is no point in just going to school in order to work. Having fun is part of the learning process, too.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
mito, i read your entire post
i can empathise for you completely, although i go to a selective school that doesnt happen as much, but some outta school friends i know really apply to that situation
i cant do anythin about it

and yes, i did find your post inspiring

Pudgedog

i can see what you mean.
though it doesnt inspire me. it doesnt make me want to do anything or in this case sit down and study.
your whole book episode left me indifferent to this situation and i am no where near achieving 99%
nice long post, could be a novel if it tried, but it wouldnt be a self help novel.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i quit halfway thru reading the post... too boring zZz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)