• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Many of you suck... (2 Viewers)

toisthbe

Evil Member
mito, 'U SUCK'

u shoudn't diss 99% of us jus because ur the 1% of us who has shit friends

;] enough said.

Originally posted by mitochondria

Let's face it, you know it applies to you but we humans (again, 99.00%) are just "selfish selfish" beings who just want ourselves to feel good - we can even betray friends and ourselves in order to achieve our desires.
ok so we're all selfish, but it is NOT true that all we just want is to feel good, even if it means betrayin friends..

u're talkin about the minority, not the majority..

the majority of us wants our friends to be happy, jus as much, if not more than we are...
the majority of us WILL NOT betray our friends..our closer friends anywayz.

now wat does your word 'BETRAY' mean?
i couldn't see a hint of betrayal in your whole speech..
do u feel betrayed that ur friends are "intelligent" but lazy?
cos they dont come "1st" in their subjects..

i think the only person who wasing time is u,

u're wasting pplz time, u're wasting ur time worryin about your friends..

by now u should know where these 'friend's of yours are actually school friends or life friends..

in uni u'll hav new friends...so stop worryin..

is a roflcopter
HSC
what was his point? :(
whats a spiel? :(

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i go to a selective school, and i know plenty of people who don't fulfill their potential because they are far happier bludging (yes im talking about you frigid, newbie, etc etc). but it also doesn't mean that every single day of your existence should be spent stressing about hsc or studying. there has to be balance - the hsc is everything - life is more than just hsc. that said, it is an important juncture in your life and it could affect which direction you head in the future - its very much about the opportunity cost of enjoying life now, or enjoying life later.

ps: most of the ppl on this forum know that they should be studying but really can't be persuaded to do so, and often, when they see an intelligent person like you posting, they turn this around as an excuse to rid themselves of any guilty conscience. i know your intentions are good mito, but really, this isn't the place to go round preaching it. take a chill pill and be content with the knowledge that at least u tried.

is a roflcopter
HSC
YESSS!
my dux thinks i have potential! :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm. i think you need to see beyond the HSC that's all i can say. it's not the be all and end all, yr12 is your final year at school, so what is wrong with having a bit of fun? there are two extreme circumstances you can find yourself in after the HSC:

- having gotten a less than satisfactory result and wonder what you would've gotten if you had studied
- having gotten a good result and wondered whether that number there was worth a whole year of your teenage life.

i suppose yr12 is about balance. it's also about the choice each individual has as to how they wish to live their life. the hsc has a varying degree of significance to everyone. i just don't find your idea about how much a number would determine the rest of your life particularly healthy. loosen up :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lol at n00bs
you were meant to feel sad and depressed and radically change your life, not fuking be happy! *shakes head*

i agree wit u toods
BALANCE is the key, the UAI is important, there's no denying that, but there's so much more to life to kill yourself over it

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Do I have potential pigs? :D

I need your seal of approval before I can cram for the hsc knowing that my efforts will not be in vain

As for uai I REALLY want to get into uts biz/law, if not my life would have taken a very bad turn:(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
reading other notes cannot be compared with making ur own.
i agree

anyway, i'm gonna have 2 say after reading the mods thread i was skeptical about this one, but it's actually good. i totally agree - i see so many people who r so smart, and they don't even try. how do i know if they are smart if they don't try? without having done any work in class, and from being out all w/e they get an average mark. imagine what they would do if they studied

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
can somebody summarise it, im too lazy to even skim read it
basically saying that so many friends r smater than him(?) yet they don;t work, and they waste their weekends. they don;t listen 2 him when he tells them 2 go work. so he's telling us coz he hates people 2 waste their life like that. don't b a clone, don't think ur life is in someone else's hands - go and make a difference 4 urself.

it's not bad when u start reading it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah cyph you are always so mean to everyone :p

but seriously, i understand your concern mito but stop worrying about the people around you and focus on yourself... ok you want the best for your friends but clearly they do not possess the same concern so just let them be...
and coming on here saying "you all suck" isnt going to solve anything because you dont know us and therefore you dont know what we do/dont take seriously and whether we are wasting our opportunities etc etc... not everyone is like your friends and i would say that more so than not there is a greater portion of people on this site that care for their hsc than dont hence being on this site....
just give it a rest mate no need to insult people because that isnt going to solve anything- let people make their own choices and whether or not this will have a positive or negative result it is their problem and they will learn from it

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well said year 12, well said indeed

*appropriated from a quote by Mr Knightley in Emma..."

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lol at suvat, u don't need my seal of approval to cram...im not the pope or something. anyway, realising yourself that you have potential is half way to setting yourself on the right track to hsc success, and don't worry bro, u'll make it easy - i know ur smart enough

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Lazy
ROFL at ragerunners first post
took me 30 seconds to post that with my template. That way i get my point out and don't waste any time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)