MAQ Mid Semester Holidays! (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

lcf said:
hmm i feel i should start on my work today - but i am just so exhausted and burnt out - cracking apart >< Just want to lie on the floor, stare ou the window at the trees and sky and relax, but then I will just all behind in my study schedule *sigh* should probably stop taking this all so seriously heh
Dude, a reasonable relaxing break should be factored into your study schedule. You'll do much better if you give yourself rewards and allow yourself you recharge. Working on the first weekend of your holidays is ridiculous.

Anyway, I plan to do nothing work related until Tuesday.

Up until then, I'll be playing lots of silly computer games, watching a lot of films, and reading a lot of sci fi trash.

After that, I need to do a 12.5% religion tute paper, a 40% religion research essay, a 10% translation for hieroglyphs, and a 40% self-formulated research essay for world history. Damn 300 level units with their massive papers. *shakes fist* That's for the first two weeks, which also has two hieroglyphs tests (2.5% and 10%), and about 15 hours of homework due (otherwise we get judgemental looks). :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Tabris

HSC
does anyone have dark bags under their eyes? i think mines permanent...cant get rid of it no matter how much sleep.....

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
does anyone have dark bags under their eyes? i think mines permanent...cant get rid of it no matter how much sleep.....
Yeah, I do :(

It's so weird, I like *never* got dark circles under my eyes until I started uni. Thanks to skin colouring/my body's crazy ability to look and act perfectly fine when I'm actually dying of fatigue, I have this "yeah I look fine but I'm so close to crashing right here on the footpath right now..." thing going on :p

I'm going to try and catch up on sleep these holidays (after cul202 assess and writing other stuff). My bed is so totally my favourite place in the whole wide world right now!!! *hugs it*

lcf, I agree with Rob - you need to sleep. Don't think you can pull the hsc thing where you can burn yourself to a sliver and then it'll be all over and you never have to do it again. Uni's not like that - you want to establish yourself into a pattern you can keep up in the long term (ie rest/work/rest/work, not 'work/work/work/rest/work/work/work'). If you're finding it's just way too much going on no matter what time management strategies you try, you probably need to drop something...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sleep. Website. Recording. Reading.

(and lots of gaming OGMCOMPANYOFHEROESFUCKINGRULZ)

CieL

HSC
Orange Juice said:
yeh the more you earn, the more you spend. where? who knows... all you see is endless withdrawals from your bank account
HHAHA reminds me of my friend.. his mum gives him cash and tells him to put it in his ATM account.. and you know how he saves money?

By not knowing how to use the ATM ehehehehheheheh

Tabris said:
Try eyecream?

Apparently it improves the circulation around the eyes, so the darkness can fade away... *shrugs*

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
CieL said:
HHAHA reminds me of my friend.. his mum gives him cash and tells him to put it in his ATM account.. and you know how he saves money?

By not knowing how to use the ATM ehehehehheheheh
the only way you can not use an atm machine is if you dont know your password or blind...

which one is it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or have no arms, you insensitive bastard

*hopeful*

HSC
or those who cant read english!

haha john howards australian values shit applies here

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
hey hey guys don't worry I am not being an HSC nerd. I have been balancing my days with at least two hours of walking/jogging - whatever my shoes permit me and I have scheduled some outings throughout the holidays as rewards for myself. Just by startin gon the weekend, whilst I was still in uni mode worked - I got a fair bit done so then I was able to chill out, stare at the trees and sky and listen to music. So far so good - everything is happening as planned.

But yeah - I agree, I need to slow down but - at Christmas!

CieL

HSC
Orange Juice said:
the only way you can not use an atm machine is if you dont know your password or blind...

which one is it?
Ahahah Neither!

We taught him how to use it last wk tho ^^

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Just thought I'd update - I got the job at Borders Hornsby!!:) Have only just started training but everything seems very cool so far - so much info to cram into my head...
Sadly they don't have the thing where you can listen to a cd before you buy it, it's broken at the moment and apparantly is a huge drama to fix.
So yeah, my holidays have been all about work, helping my boyfriend move, assignnments, 11 30 am Neighbours repeats and one incident of drinking too much.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
cpjeeves said:
Just thought I'd update - I got the job at Borders Hornsby!!:) Have only just started training but everything seems very cool so far - so much info to cram into my head...
Sadly they don't have the thing where you can listen to a cd before you buy it, it's broken at the moment and apparantly is a huge drama to fix.
So yeah, my holidays have been all about work, helping my boyfriend move, assignnments, 11 30 am Neighbours repeats and one incident of drinking too much.
i am shithouse

my days are shopping shopping and some more shopping.. i've bought 5 dresses, 3 tops and about a thousand accessories *sobs*
its an addiction i tell u! an addiction!!!

*Cradles sexy white dress and red belt in arms whilst rocking back and forth*

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Congrats cp! *sigh* I'm unemployable I've come to realise rofl

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
congrats CP, that job sounds cool.

These holidays have mainly centred on either thinking about doing my assignment, worrying about doing my assignment, and, in the last few days, actually doing my assignment.
LOL jamie sounds as productive as my holidays :p

cp congrats honey! :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cpjeeves said:
congrats! yeah being new sucks for a while
AsyLum said:
Congrats cp! *sigh* I'm unemployable I've come to realise rofl
it's christmas hiring time, considering some of the people who somehow get a job at my work at christmas, you can get a job
Cyan_phoeniX said:
These holidays have mainly centred on either thinking about doing my assignment, worrying about doing my assignment, and, in the last few days, actually doing my assignment.
haha at least you've got to the last step. i won't get there until saturday. my assignment is due next week *stresses*

last week i wasted too much time looking for a dress, this week i am wasting too much time making stuff. the other stuff have earlier deadlines than uni work, i only ever do anything 2 days before the deadline. therefore, uni work will wait.
also i have this strange logic, where if i have wasted a lot of time already, i won't stay home especially to do work when i could be somewhere else (unless absolutely necessary). it doesn't help.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha the problem is that I'm now 21, and my timetable makes me VERY unhire-able

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)