marriage or experimentation? (1 Viewer)

Angelus

HSC
jumb said:
Those are unattractive qualities. Therefore, he is unattractive.
I obviously meant physically attractive, as i mentioned the social/mental attributes afterwards.

Physically attractive people can be self concious and still have girls/guys falling for them.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Experimentation, definitely!
What if you dated the person you thought you wanted to marry, married them and then discovered they weren't the kind of person you wanted to spend your life with?
Definitely get to know a lot of different types of people before you settle on the "type" you want to marry.
And even if a relationship doesn't have long-term potential, it can still be beneficial, teach you things, etc.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i so totally agree!..i'm not discounting marriage altogether at all..i mean eventually i guess i'd like to marry someone..but i wouldn't go into a relationship with the intention of marriage..i can't even properly consider marriage at the moment..i'm way too young..i don't think being in a relationship that may end is a waste of time..and really, how could you know at the beginning anyway! it's just another experience..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
At the moment, I would go out with anyone as long as I thought they were hot enough.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i agree with marriage
coz with experimenting and having fun
i believe its wasting time
whats the point?

to have fun..?
its still a waste of time..and u have so many problems
from what ive experienced neways

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i don't mean like experimenting as though going from partner to partner and not caring..i mean if you can get a long relationship out of it, and perhaps even marriage, then that's awesome..but if it doesn't work out..well that's too bad and you try and find someone else that will last longer..you know?

i think i may have used the wrong word lol..experimentation probably wasn't the best word haha..like iambored said, i mean like you wouldn't go into a relationship that would end quickly, or end at all, if you could help it..but yeh, none of this marriage thought straight away lol..

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
em_516 said:
i don't mean like experimenting as though going from partner to partner and not caring..i mean if you can get a long relationship out of it, and perhaps even marriage, then that's awesome..but if it doesn't work out..well that's too bad and you try and find someone else that will last longer..you know?

i think i may have used the wrong word lol..experimentation probably wasn't the best word haha..like iambored said, i mean like you wouldn't go into a relationship that would end quickly, or end at all, if you could help it..but yeh, none of this marriage thought straight away lol..
i c...coz if that was the case..it seems a bit like slutting around from partner to partner
but neways..i know what u mean now

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
one phrase says it all: if love is blind, then does marriage restore its sight?

HSC
I'd say... be friends with everyone... experiment in trying to figure out what types of people you click with and what type aggravate you to no end...

And then, later you can consider if you would be long-term friends or if its just a uni i-can-scab-hw-off-you relationship...

And then consider going out and your futures.

I mean, no one wants to meet a guy and go... 'I wouldn't marry this guy so i'm just going to pretend he doesnt exist'... likewise, its dumb to start relationships which you know wont last... so yeah... all personal preference.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I suppose it depends on the guy.... I suppose when I get older, then I would be looking at a relationship thinking... yep... this guy could be husband material... but it's a little early for me to be thinking things like that... it certainly stop me going out with somebody if they weren't. There's such a thing as 'mr right-for-now'. You need to experiment a little bit to work out what kind of guy you really like etc...

alien

HSC
Dumdida said:
marriage....i wouldnt go out with someone just because i think they are cute or to 'experiment' i have to really like them and i support your friends view- how they have to be someone that i can see marrying in future, i take these things seriously.
that's how i feel...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
I wouldn't enter into a relationship if I didn't think it had the potential to last forever.
I agree. I also want to be in a relationship with someone who I can see myself marrying or spending the rest of my life with and they can see me as the same. If we can't see ourselves having a future together whats the point.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
How can someone decide whether they want to marry someone if they havent had a relationship with them? Its through a relationship that you learn such things.

Where's the logic...?

And Ozgirl, the point is to enjoy life and enjoy a relationship with someone while its good and fun... And its through relationships that dont go anywhere that you learn what you want from a partner, so that when you finally meet you 'one' you know and then you can live happily ever after.

Last edited:
HSC
MaryJane said:
How can someone decide whether they want to marry someone if they havent had a relationship with them? Its through a relationship that you learn such things.

Where's the logic...?

And Ozgirl, the point is to enjoy life and enjoy a relationship with someone while its good and fun... And its through relationships that dont go anywhere that you learn what you want from a partner, so that when you finally meet you 'one' you know and then you can live happily ever after.
I don't think anyone is saying that they wouldn't enter a relationship if it wasn't certain to result in marriage, at least that's not what I read it as. Just that they wouldn't knowingly enter into a relationship seeing no real future in it. Obviously things don't work out sometimes, but that's not really something you can account for.

In relation to the second point, I'm not sure if I agree really. I'd think that relationships that go nowhere would teach me what I didn't want in a relationship, not what I did. So far I've only been in one relationship, but through it I've learnt what I want, and it happens to be exactly what I have. Sure people learn from experiences that didn't work out the way they had planned, but things going right also teaches us, at least in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)