marriage (1 Viewer)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Tulipa said:
That's what I was wondering... I don't know any women like that.
Some are actually like that. Some actively say that one of the most important characteristics of a guy is money and the standard of living that goes with it. Some don't say it but are very good are seeking those characteristics in their prospective partners.

Many of these girls would never perceive themselves negatively.

I do know a few men who want their wives to be their mothers, basically do everything for them while all they have to do is go to work, come home and do nothing.
This is probably an example of an extreme male point of view that he should compromise on. I couldn't really think of male examples because, being male, its hard to indulge in objective self conception.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
They want to eat out all the time, want a housekeeper, a modern apartment, a chic car (must be brand new! a mini, Peugeot, Golf etc), the latest clothes (that they only wear once) and a gaggle of female friends to tell about their lifestyle.
That's what I was wondering... I don't know any women like that.
Really? Not any?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Really.

I don't know any women like that, at all. Perhaps that's because I don't associate with bimbos and I'm at university with women who are going to work for themselves.

I do know a lot of the men wanting mothers/wives group.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't know any women like that, at all. Perhaps that's because I don't associate with bimbos and I'm at university with women who are going to work for themselves.
Oh wait you mean as in they want a guy to provide that FOR them?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Okay.

Still I'm reiterating the point that I don't know any of those women nor have I ever met any women like that, at work, at uni, out, wherever.

And NTB, I'm referring to women who will work for themselves to get what they want and maybe not get married, maybe get married but aren't thinking about it right now.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Marriage talk this early??? are you kidding?? relationships this stage of life won't last long enough to even consider marriage....you two can live together once both of you sort out your priorities..marriage is a long term thing and i will side with most people in here...if your ready for all the consequences of marriage then so be it. I myself have a mate whos gettin married..shes 17 and her bf is 23...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
JFK said:
It's more of a comfort thing man, if you're secure in your relationship and you feel like proper companions, there's nothing marriage can offer you, realistically.
Aside from financial and taxation benefits of course.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
The more you talk about the future and marriage and all that stuff with your partner the more likely relationships will crash and burn. Relationships work so much better without that...well that's what i think from what i've seen of many freinds long term relationships. Not talking about THAT kind of future isn't bad... meh

the hsc sucks

HSC
ppl dont hav much faith in relationships these days. my boyf and i hav been together 2 years and hav talked about it alot. we're both 19 and see it as a very real possibility. my aunt and uncle got together in high school and are now married with 2 kids and another aunt and uncle have been together since their teens as well. dont get ahead of urselves, but its always good to know if u both want the same thing. giving it time is good though.

~untitled~

HSC
My careers advisor suggested i get married when i go to uni so that i am counted as an independant student, lol...
But seriously, i do think 17 years is too young to be thinking about marriage, you have both hardly even started life yet, you havent even finished your hsc, so much is bound to change in life once you finish school!

Skeeta

HSC
haha thats funny because when you turn 21 its pretty much marriage or dumping season.

Dont get yourself worked up until then. Hard to do.
I should know.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Marriage is something I see myself doing eventually, but not for a VERY long time. Seriously, thinking of getting married at 17? 18? 19? Crazy talk. Neither of you would be emotionally mature enough for that kind of responsibility and relationship. I do concede that it does happen, but the likelyhood (especially these days) of it lasting long term is vanishingly small.

Wait half a decade, at the very least!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Read the newspaper/announcements and most people are getting married at 27-33, which is older than I once presumed. Compare that with like 17 :( Yes wonderful things can happen, but when you consider our horrible price of living and etc, until you are financially awesome, it's not a very wise thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)