• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Massive terrorist attacks in Norway, over 90+ dead (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Massive terrorist attacks in Norway, over 30+ dead

what a dickhead

HSC
Uni Grad

Police were criticised for being too slow on getting to Utøya. They are now informing everyone that their fastest way to get there was by car.
Police in Norway have 1 available police helicopter, however unfortunately it was out of service due to the holiday.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

Norway gunman pleads not guilty to mass killing and tells Oslo hearing he acted to 'save Europe' from Islam

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/25/anders-behring-breivik-terror-cells

so to save europe from Islam you have to act exactly like an islamic terrorist bomber and kill your own innocent people, most of which are christian
oh okay then

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

In an interview with the Swedish tabloid Expressen, Breivik's father said he was disgusted by his son's acts and wished he had committed suicide.

"I don't feel like his father," said the former diplomat Jens David Breivik. "How could he just stand there and kill so many innocent people and just seem to think that what he did was OK? He should have taken his own life too. That's what he should have done."

HSC
Uni Grad

The man accused of killing at least 76 people in a shooting massacre and car bombing in Norway had been on an intelligence watch list since March after buying chemicals illegally over the internet, Norwegian media has reported.

Sky's Ian Woods said the Norwegian intelligence service said they had not acted on the information about Anders Behring Breivik because it was not "relevant".
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...s_Not_Working_Alone,_There_Are_Two_More_Cells

About 40ish still missing from Utoya, most of which probably drowned :(

HSC

1 helicopter

lol norway cmon

we are the 10th most stable country in the world and TAG east has army blackhawks and 2nd commando guys on standby all the time incase of something like this. plus the police have atleast more than 1 helicopter

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

"The following should be easy to acquire unless you're called Abdullah Rashid Muhammad...:"

HSC

"The lack of full transport capacity for the anti-terrorism unit has long been criticized by some within the police force. When at the shore, the police could not find a suitable boat to reach the island. The boat they finally located almost sank because their equipment was so heavy; they had to continuously bail out water as they made the crossing.["

uhoh spaghetti-o

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

I don't understand why he doesn't get charged for separate accounts of murder

Like you committed a crime 90~ times, not once

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

If I rob 20 banks does it count as 1?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

If I rob 20 banks does it count as 1?
Nope, but in many cases state prosecutors don't seek conviction for every single crime they think a perp has committed because it often isn't economical to sufficiently build each case. The defense can also argue over whether two or more seemingly seperate criminal actions actually do constitute two or more actions etc.

This Norwegian guy will, unsurprisingly, be up against so many potential charges that many will not be pursued.

edit: Actually, considering he may be an incredibly compliant defendant, it may completely depend on how many pieces of paper the prosecution shoves in front of him to plead his guilt on.

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

robbing a bank is really stupid

one of the dumbest crimes you can ever possibly commit seriously do not do it DO NOT ROB A BANK

this is not the fucking wild west anymore where you and your hombres are busting open a safe and riding off into the desert

the best you can hope to get is the cash behind the counter of the bank which isnt even very much more than a convenience store register and they have a shitload of counter measures like exploding dye packs in money bags and soundless alarms

do not rob a bank

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

I've been told that banks take note (pun intended) of the numbers on the notes in their vaults so if any turn up anywhere they know WHO'S BEEN STEALIN

but then again that sounds really fucking st00pid

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

no i think thats true banknotes have serial numbers on them that can be tracked if you know them

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't understand why he doesn't get charged for separate accounts of murder

Like you committed a crime 90~ times, not once
It seems the that they are charged for each account, but the way the punishment works is that they dont recieve 90 x X-years gaol time. Rather they take into consideration the number of times the crime was committed and somehow increase it for each time but not as severely as multiplying it by how many times it was committed.

But either way for the serial killings the max is 21 years, however some are saying he could be charged with crimes against humanity which carries a 30 year sentence (and all the murders would then be tied together as one big charge).

sander

HSC

The guy is crazy, he should be locked away forever.

HSC

i imagine they might charge him with several seperate offences and give him multiple 21yr sentences

21 for the shootings
21 for the bombing
21 for idk etc

HSC

i am going to bomb and shoot the next journalist who says he was using a high calibre weapon. its the 3rd smallest calibre you can get in factory loads.

but fuck i would not like to see what was left of those kids, .223 hollow points cause extreme damage on soft targets. exit holes the size of soccer balls. heads completely destroyed. ugh. the army has always complained about the hit power of .223 in war as compared to the russian 7.62mm but that is because they use fmj. high velocity, tiny wound channels. once you make it frangible and high velocity is causes a sickening amount of damage.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

they said they are considering charging him for crimes against humanity
i hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)