Math Advanced Prediction/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

vishnay

God
HSC
For some reason, Sydney Morning Herald always loves to make students play the victim card on NESA when there is a hard exam because their audience is some people who have never done maths for quite a long time. No surprises.
haha the crickets question

that was the stupidest thing i had ever seen

notme123

HSC
For some reason, Sydney Morning Herald always loves to make students play the victim card on NESA when there is a hard exam because their audience is some people who have never done maths for quite a long time. No surprises.
and the articles are always by the same people jordan baker and natassia chrysostomos or whatever.

heatblaster34

HSC
Here are my estimates on whats gonna be on the adv exam 😊

(Please don’t rely on this structure only! Its only what I think the exam could consist of from the syllabus and past papers!)
  1. A multi-part Annuity/Finance Question (probs with loan repayments)
  2. A pdf (Probability Density Function) question
  3. A Sine/Cos rule application question
  4. A rates/velocity & acceleration question (probs multi-part too)
  5. The population/base of (e) question where you find the intial state and then use logs to find the power of (t).
  6. A sketch the function question (where stationary points and derivatives are used) = Multi-part for sure
  7. A circle or segment question
  8. Various probability, integration/differentiation and series questions (two parts at most)
  9. A ‘Find the shaded area’ question (alternatively linked with the trapizoidal rule)
  10. A z-score/std. deviation question involving the bell curve and empirical rule
  11. Lastly, a max and min question, which WILL INCLUDE a ‘show that the volume/area of the given object is....” (most likely near the end and worth the most marks)
Hope this clears up for what some people may see in the test.
Good Luck to all on Monday for the exam!

hatterene

HSC
contemplating on how much time i should dedicate to math adv + ext when i have a shit ton to remember for legal and business :/

hatterene

HSC
also i'm wondering if we have to remember the awful normal distribution formula because it's 2 days before the exam and it's still slipping out of my mindScreen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.14.42 pm.png

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lolwut you do have to know the normal probability density equation.

I'm surprised some of you here haven't been shown that given it's explicitly in the syllabus
1636799530634.png

hatterene

HSC
yeah it's used for sketching mainly, and finding the peak of the normal distribution graph - it was shown in maths online and the Cambridge textbook so i'd be expecting it in the exam it's just it's an unfamiliar concept tbh. it's also a hefty chunk to remember for a formula not in the sheet smh

zbolland

HSC
also i'm wondering if we have to remember the awful normal distribution formula because it's 2 days before the exam and it's still slipping out of my mindView attachment 33669
if u needed it, they'd include it in the question - have seen it across a few trial papers where they ask you do to trapezoidal rule to essentially prove the normal distribution (and they've included the formula every single time)

hatterene

HSC
Chapter 10B?
oh sorry I'm not sure about the page orders in the advanced textbook since i only have the extension 1 version. it's the "standard normal distribution" and "general normal distributions" in the "continuous probability distributions" chapter (it's next to binomial distributions in my textbook)

hatterene

HSC
also does anyone know how to insert normal probability distribution shit into a calculator? i have the fx-82 just like everyone in my grade does but when i press Shift+1 i only get 5 options (type, data, sum, variance, min/max) and my distribution option is not there :(

d1zzyohs

HSC
also does anyone know how to insert normal probability distribution shit into a calculator? i have the fx-82 just like everyone in my grade does but when i press Shift+1 i only get 5 options (type, data, sum, variance, min/max) and my distribution option is not there :(
You've got enter in some ax+b data by going into mode -> stat; and then u will have a new option for the probability distribution variables (r, A, B, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)