Math Ext 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

5uckerberg

HSC
How many ways can a 5 mark perms and combs question be arranged in the paper?
This is a perm and com question itself either you can have 5 choose 0 meaning that you can have a 5 marker question involving perms and combs which will involve a lot of techniques.

Or you can have a 3 marker question somewhere and then a 2 marker somewhere or vice-versa.

Another hilarious way is to have a 1 marker and then a 4 marker where the 1 marker leads to the 4 marker or the 4 marker is the big part and the one marker is the cherry on top.

Alternatively, this could be a 3 marker and then a 1 marker finishing off with another 1 marker with the 3 marker being the important one.

Or one can have this combination 2+2+1 or 2+1+1+1 or even 5 marker Q with 1 mark for each part which I think is too rare to observe.

Jojofelyx

HSC
there are 5 perms and combs qs in this years hsc, prove that at least 2 of these questions must be within the same section (q11-14)
Just me or does anyone else hear pigeons.... -_-
But in all fairness, that would be pretty meta from NESA if they were to put in a question like that. Id be welcoming of such a thing if it were the case. Just dont gimme a repeat 2020 🥴

stupidpersonlol

HSC
I think theres gonna be a bunch of binomial distribution and vectors this year and a hard differential equation. i personally dont mind combinations/permutations lol

icycledough

HSC
I think they might ask a few P&C questions, just because in last year's exam, there was 1 true P&C question (a multiple choice question), so that may benefit some students while it could also be disadvantageous for other students.

liv888

HSC
i just kinda hope there isn't too much focus on combinatorial proofs, since the syllabus is really unclear about what they can ask on it ahaha
same, hope there isn't much focus on probability and combinations cause I really neglected it HAHA

icycledough

HSC
unsure just hope there isnt any adv stats in there, havent really looked at that much
If like last year (although that isn't the best way to look at it), there were only 3 marks of advanced stats questions, although quite simple questions (like finding the expected value, standard deviation and probability between 2 values).

hatterene

HSC
true but i run into some stray simple harmoic questions in the Cambridge textbook + past papers so like i just learnt the basics and hoped for the best

icycledough

HSC
true but i run into some stray simple harmoic questions in the Cambridge textbook + past papers so like i just learnt the basics and hoped for the best
I can assure you that it won't be assessed in the Extension 1 exam. They have now moved it to Motion in the Extension 2 syllabus (which also has resisted and unresisted motion and projectile motion).

(Page 41 in the below document)

Attachments

Jojofelyx

HSC
Anyone got any last minute inverse functions tips/tricks, that shit is quite annoying ngl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)