Math Ext 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
Anyone got any last minute inverse functions tips/tricks, that shit is quite annoying ngl
Make sure you restrict the domain so it is a one-to-one function (which can be tested using the horizontal line test)

When graphing, make sure the inverse is a reflection over the line y = x (so x values swap with y values)

Also for graphing, domain and range switches

5uckerberg

HSC
Just me or does anyone else hear pigeons.... -_-
But in all fairness, that would be pretty meta from NESA if they were to put in a question like that. Id be welcoming of such a thing if it were the case. Just dont gimme a repeat 2020 🥴
Pigeonhole principle

vishnay

God
HSC
If like last year (although that isn't the best way to look at it), there were only 3 marks of advanced stats questions, although quite simple questions (like finding the expected value, standard deviation and probability between 2 values).
but thats necessary for the binomial distributions topic

Siwel

HSC
but thats necessary for the binomial distributions topic
yeah i was more referring to continuous random variables and discrete both of which shouldnt be in a x1 exam, but idk anymore

notme123

HSC
nah that one was really easy

looked very approachable
have you ever seen the one with a 3x3 grid where you can place either a 1 or a 0 in each square and adding the rows and columns gives a number and you have to prove that at least one of the results at least 3 times or smth i forgot the exact q. your pigeon holes are all possible outcomes i.e. 0,1,2,3 and your pigeons are the sums of the rows i think. thinking about it i think there was a restriction on the number of 1s and 0s.

luminol

HSC
yeah i was more referring to continuous random variables and discrete both of which shouldnt be in a x1 exam, but idk anymore
Advanced is assumed knowledge so technically you should know about it, but since Extension 1 has almost the same amount of content to cover with 30 less marks in the exam, I doubt they would do that
That being said, continuous random variables mostly just involves integrating a pdf function between values (possibly with x1 functions) and percentiles involves equating your cdf with a suitable value

Siwel

HSC
Advanced is assumed knowledge so technically you should know about it, but since Extension 1 has almost the same amount of content to cover with 30 less marks in the exam, I doubt they would do that
That being said, continuous random variables mostly just involves integrating a pdf function between values (possibly with x1 functions) and percentiles involves equating your cdf with a suitable value
yeah i understand its assumed knowledge but its just a pain to have to go over 2 different textbooks for a 1 unit course

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Is central limit theory assessable in the HSC? For binomial distribution?

stupidpersonlol

HSC
dont think soQUOTE="Life'sHard, post: 7409484, member: 1611360863"]
Is central limit theory assessable in the HSC? For binomial distribution?
[/QUOTE]

windebygirl

HSC
they better not im gonna get ptsd mid exam
pretty sure that projectiles was only tested in mc last year meaning we're almost guaranteed some big question in q11-14
can't be any worse than the ext 2 5 marker...

icycledough

HSC
pretty sure that projectiles was only tested in mc last year meaning we're almost guaranteed some big question in q11-14
can't be any worse than the ext 2 5 marker...
I think that projectile motion in Extension 1 is far nicer than in Extension 2. Usually, they tests things like range of motion, time of flight, angle of projection needed to travel 'x' distance, maximum height, all of which can be found by the motion equations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)