ImagineDragin

HSC
Do any math prodigies on BOS have any tips for getting good at maths especially in a short amount of time without going to like 10 different tutoring centres? Please let me know what you guys have done cos I need to raise those marks!

idkkdi

HSC
Do any math prodigies on BOS have any tips for getting good at maths especially in a short amount of time without going to like 10 different tutoring centres? Please let me know what you guys have done cos I need to raise those marks!
prodigies aren't the best to ask for study tips LOL.

as for maximising scores in minimal time, just do papers. all u need to get marks is to know the tricks and know how to use the tricks, not understand the stuff. this is not a good mentality for longer term learning. if u want longer term improvement, properly understand the content and then go through continual practice and correction, and increase the difficulty of problems.

dasfas

HSC
There are very few people who are math prodigies. They are just typical average people who grind past papers, which is exactly what everyone should be doing. Except these "prodigies" grind way more. I remember my friend going as far back as the 1970s HSC papers as he had done all the modern HSC papers.

So yeah, just hard work

ImagineDragin

HSC
prodigies aren't the best to ask for study tips LOL.

as for maximising scores in minimal time, just do papers. all u need to get marks is to know the tricks and know how to use the tricks, not understand the stuff. this is not a good mentality for longer term learning. if u want longer term improvement, properly understand the content and then go through continual practice and correction, and increase the difficulty of problems.
Do you have any useful tricks in the short term? For long term improvement, would you recommend just doing homework daily and understanding the content?

ImagineDragin

HSC
There are very few people who are math prodigies. They are just typical average people who grind past papers, which is exactly what everyone should be doing. Except these "prodigies" grind way more. I remember my friend going as far back as the 1970s HSC papers as he had done all the modern HSC papers.

So yeah, just hard work
Thats exactly what a math prodigy would say 😂😂 How would you recommend going about the questions you get wrong in the past papers or is it just a review and then move onto the next?

dasfas

HSC
Thats exactly what a math prodigy would say 😂😂 How would you recommend going about the questions you get wrong in the past papers or is it just a review and then move onto the next?
You have to learn from your mistakes. This is the crucial thing that anyone who is successful in any field needs to master. For maths, you get something wrong, you ask yourself why did you get it wrong. What is the solution? Do you understand every step? Could you explain it to your friend? What about your working out - where did you go wrong? What was the flaw in your reasoning.

And then document, write it down somewhere where you messed up. You should have pages and pages of notes on all questions you've ever missed, why you missed them, and what you learned.

It doesn't matter how many past papers you do if you don't learn from your mistakes. That is the crucial piece of information.

I internalised this only in late y11. I realised that my friend was always reviewing his mistakes, seeing where he went wrong. I tried to emulate him and it really helped my grades. He later came first in the state in 3 subjects. I did well (not quite as well haha)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have any useful tricks in the short term? For long term improvement, would you recommend just doing homework daily and understanding the content?
Grind papers if you know your content (doesn’t have to be 100% understanding).
Have a doc of all questions you’ve gotten wrong. If you want to go that extra mile, sort them by topic.

Edit: Grinding papers should be a lifestyle. None of this short term long term bs Lol.

ImagineDragin

HSC
Grind papers if you know your content (doesn’t have to be 100% understanding).

Have a doc of all questions you’ve gotten wrong. If you want to go that extra mile, sort them by topic.

Edit: Grinding papers should be a lifestyle. None of this short term long term bs Lol.
So with the questions that you got wrong, would you recommend to review them again a few days before the test?

1st commandment: Past Papers.
What are the other commandments 😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)