MATH1131: Attend lectures not enrolled in? (1 Viewer)

lzlzlz

HSC
Is there any reason I couldn't attend MATH1131 lectures that I'm not enrolled in? I want Pahor/Britz, but choosing those lecture slots results in timetable clashes (I might be able to get clashes approved, but I would prefer to go to all lectures if possible). Are exams taken in lecture halls or tutorials?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You can go to the lectures, it's fine. Exams for math1131 aren't in the lecture halls or tutorials they're at randwick racecourse

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can go to the lectures, it's fine. Exams for math1131 aren't in the lecture halls or tutorials they're at randwick racecourse
You do have your tutorial, 20 or 25 minute tests though. Make sure you go to the correct tutorial all the time.

As for lectures, you can pick whatever stream you like. You don't have to go to the stream that you are enrolled in, but don't make a habit of mixing up with different lecturers as they all go at their own pace and have their own lecture slides, style and content.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
u can go to the good algebra lectures, e.g brown tisdell, and good calc lectures, i.e pahor if u want aswell

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no reason why you can't attend another lecture series that suits your timetable better, I did it for semester two last year for a maths course and it was perfectly fine:)

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
They seem to have changed lecturers for this semester. Apparently Pahor is not lecturing MATH1131 for this sem, not even MATH2019.

There are two Calculus lectures whom I've never had before, only familiar with Angell and Coster. Angell is pretty good, clear, good analogies and a fast speaker.

For Algebra, you cannot go wrong with Tisdell, Brown or Britz. Tisdell/Britz tries to engage the lecture and Brown makes the idea of mathematics interesting and fun. Tisdell/Britz is a more casual lecturer whereas Brown is a more formal lecturer. As for the remaining Algebra lecturer, again I've never had that guy.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any reason I couldn't attend MATH1131 lectures that I'm not enrolled in? I want Pahor/Britz, but choosing those lecture slots results in timetable clashes (I might be able to get clashes approved, but I would prefer to go to all lectures if possible). Are exams taken in lecture halls or tutorials?
By the way to note, it says that on the UNSW timetable, but you actually have Chris Tisdell and Adelle Coster as your lecturers if you choose the "Pahor/Britz" stream.

such_such

HSC
Pahor or Brown is worthhhhhhhhhhhhh. Won't get clashes approved when you can choose an alternate time I think esp in first year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)