mathemagic computer tutor LOL (2 Viewers)

MathsPowerMum

HSC
N/A
KARMA-& BUDO

Well said.... from someone who is supposed to understand the meaning of BUDO...obviously you don't.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
MathsPowerMum said:
Well said.... from someone who is supposed to understand the meaning of BUDO...obviously you don't.
And which part would that be?

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
my brother's job is to stand around in malls and try and sell these. how embarrassing.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
Jm so far ive seen that post 3 times
there could be more [of] the exact same thing...
4 times now;

6 posts in all; one to insult my budo (wtf?!) and one to defend the blaitant advertising.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
phantom limb said:
my brother's job is to stand around in malls and try and sell these. how embarrassing.
The day is looming closer, where he will be assaulted by ANTI-mathmagic vigilantes. :cool:

HSC
is this mathemagic thing actually effective? doesn't it cost like a grand or something? with that money i'd just go and get a real tutor.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
is this mathemagic thing actually effective? doesn't it cost like a grand or something? with that money i'd just go and get a real tutor.
:rolleyes: we just had a 2 page discussion on the costs / benefits of mathemagic / real tutors :p

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
Ditto. Go figure :uhhuh:

Insouciance

HSC
My cousin uses this program, and it's good practice for her, but there's only so much a computer can do. Give me an actual person-tutor any day. Definitly not for anyone above Grade 7

ace

is retired
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
not really....

if you get tutoring for 1 year, say... $50 an hour for 1 hour a week, that is about $2500/year.

with this software you get a phone tutor and software to help you 24/7. I think that is ok value.
I bet if I ring at 2am on Sunday it'll be a "please select from the following 65432 choices"

haha, again haha

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I would never, ever reccommend this to anyone, especially after someone who was trying to sell one asked if l had any children who would need one - hello! I'm 18, l don't have kdis and l don't want them for a LONG time

P

pLuvia

the mathematic computer tutor sux ass.. and even has home english tutor.. wth?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
if u ever decide to buy a software for tutoring...only get MATHSPOWER from Back to the Future Education....its the ONLY proper one which follows the syllabus etc and is actually pretty good...and its only around $400 for 2 years (yr11 and yr12). DO NOT EVER BUY CRAP THATS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS..it also has a 30 day trial periodso yeah u can try it out and return if u dont like it.

P

pLuvia

how about you dont buy any of that cd crap.. total waste of time

meisnewbie

HSC
N/A
well, if you have a family with 4 kids - and someone like me who has many gaps in maths due to stuff ups in 7,8,9 - i reckon the program will help alot- i can use it whenever to practise- revise stuff i would of forgotten
- updated version teaches 3 units and abit of 4 unit - updated version generates questions harder or easier depending on how many you get correct.
while tutor is like lets say 20 phr - here i can spend as much time as i want with as many practice questions. since my younger brother is in yr 1 he can use it for another 11 yrs- with updates and phone support.
im pretty sure most tutors wont teach students what they want to learn and they wont go back a year or two to patch up missing topics which you might of screwed up back the - and most tutors go fast and if you have trouble -gg theres a whole class to tutor.

the price though, is retarded- $5995!!!! seriously if they cut back on ads i reckon they could lower the price by half!
anyone here know where i can download if lol- that guy who said he had a friend who burned the cd's i would love to get my hands on that

many of you people here are like single children so you wont know the costs of getting all your siblings tutored together.

H

housemouse

If you are willing to spend that much money for a program that does only that much, then go to Prior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)